Outgoing? Wes Foderingham

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I get the impression having listened to wilder post match interview that Wes is unlikely to play for us again and whilst in an ideal world we would be looking for a fee, we would be prepared for someone else to take over his contract.
oh for the days when we had numerous quality keepers.

I’m not sure what has been the most unrealistic in this scenario; United thinking we might get a fee for Wes or Wes thinking he could get a better deal than United.

The bloke has spent far more time in the bottom two divisions than the top two, so the fact that getting a new deal signed by him has proven difficult shows a lack of self-awareness.

United this season have been a bit Wes in style; competent at the level below but short at this one.

It will be interesting where he ends up.

I certainly wouldn’t be looking to pay 20-30k per week, or whatever he is asking, to a 33 year old who has conceded 51 in 20 games this season. Yes, they were a collective effort but despite his save of the month, he’s seldom saved anything he wasn’t expected to and finished his career with 4 absolute howlers in his last handful of matches, costing us 2 points against Villa and I dare say setting the tone for losing 3 vs Luton, not to mention killing off our hopes against Chelsea and Bournemouth and ruining my first trip home to UK in 13 years in the process. Unforgivable 🤣

Kinda thought Ivo's arrival would mean the end for Wes at The Lane. Not sure he's prepared to be a number 2 keeper anymore.

FWIW, l think he's done remarkably well, considering our defensive frailties and competition in all areas should be encouraged but l suspect Wes will feel he's done enough to warrant being our #1 and Ivo coming straight into the 1st team (Tuesday's squad will be interesting) could have pushed Wes toward the exit.

Serious question, what does everyone think hes actually worth??

Would have to be a championship club possibly £100k another scary thought what' happens if Grbic gets injured the If Wes goes maybe Amissa?

FWIW, l think he's done remarkably well, considering our defensive frailties and competition in all areas should be encouraged but l suspect Wes will feel he's done enough to warrant being our #1 and Ivo coming straight into the 1st team (Tuesday's squad will be interesting) could have pushed Wes toward the exit.
He’s had a contract offer on the table well before we talked about signing anyone though.

He’s had a contract offer on the table well before we talked about signing anyone though.

In which case he's overplayed his hand, or just wants to go anyway.

Seems a lot of sympathy for him, but I don't know if it's warranted tbh.

Kinda thought Ivo's arrival would mean the end for Wes at The Lane. Not sure he's prepared to be a number 2 keeper anymore.

It feels to me like he’s pushed himself to the exit. He, like the other keepers, have had probably since the summer to commit.

The fact they haven’t and United have moved on would appear to be an issue largely of their own making.

You make your bed, you lie in it!

He's done us a favour by not signing a new contract

Wilder now has the freedom to fully shape the GK position
The keeping position has gotten weaker under Hecky.

We had Simon Moore and Wes behind Ramsdale at one point didn’t we? We had Hendo before.

Wes as undisputed number 1, followed by Davies and Amissah isn’t encouraging.

I’ve never felt comfortable with Davies in goal and truth be told, Amissah looked a bit of a bomb scare at Burton, despite a competent cameo against Luton last season.

After speaking to my Rangers supporting mates they were gobsmacked he ever got to Championship level, let alone Premier league....let's have it right, it was a toss up between him and Verrips on that night at West Brom away, Verrips drew the short straw and the rest is history.....

Wes is a good shot stopper but after that he's woeful, I saw his post on Instagram last night suggesting a "snake" but he's had a contract on the table since last summer that he's refused to sign so what the fuck does he expect us to do....fanny around until he makes his mind up and considers other offers?

I'm glad Wilder has publicly said Ivo is his number one, whether he is good enough time will tell but the GK position was incredibly weak and something Hecky failed dreadfully to address in the summer.

As for Wes, I suspect he will end up at a Championship club but he really is "League One" at best.....Good riddance

Hang on. Wes has made some worldly saves this season. Yes he has made some bloomers
The rest of the team front to back needtotake along hard look at themselves in relation to defending.
Eg. Yesterday Pedro on his own on the arc for the third goal. No closing down. No marking. No nothing.

Kinell, just a heads up if you're anywhere near Bramall Lane or Cherry Street. I just nearly got trampled to death by the fucking hoardes of agents and scouts all desperately clambering over each other to try and sign Wes. Watch yer sens.

Hang on. Wes has made some worldly saves this season. Yes he has made some bloomers
Great business venture he has on't side making big owd Granny kecks. Company's called "Wez Pants".

The rest of the team front to back needtotake along hard look at themselves in relation to defending.
Eg. Yesterday Pedro on his own on the arc for the third goal. No closing down. No marking. No nothing.
His saves mostly aren't the problem, he does drop the odd Howler, but his decision making, timing, and distribution are dire, his kicks are just scary, it's as if he's got someone else's legs, he just swings and hopes for the best, usually though, we end up with the worst...

Don’t blame him at all for not signing tbh, took the gamble that we likely go down but he plays well enough where someone might want to take him

Might not have worked out that way for him but can see why

3 to 5 million what?
Japanese Yen.
He has to be.
£3m for a Premier League keeper, coming off save of the month and a record breaking promotion. I get that he can leave for free in the Summer but people could pay that just to get ahead of the queue.
Theres a lot of shitty keepers in the Championship.

Swap for Johansson anyone!??

Japanese Yen.
He has to be.
£3m for a Premier League keeper, coming off save of the month and a record breaking promotion. I get that he can leave for free in the Summer but people could pay that just to get ahead of the queue.
Theres a lot of shitty keepers in the Championship.
Still think 3 million is a bit hopeful, 750k something like that I'd expect, he's 33 now and who is going to risk 3m on someone who has had one good season in about 15

I must have missed something, based on some comments here... What's Wes said/done wrong?! He's been replaced is all in I'm aware of.

Apparently refusing to sign a new contract, which has been on the table for months, by all accounts.

Apparently refusing to sign a new contract, which has been on the table for months, by all accounts.
Right, but there's a fair chance we've offered him a lower wage. There's no talk of animosity or lack of ot professionalism anywhere is there?

Back
Top Bottom