Chris Porter HERO OR ZERO

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

stannyblade

Shoreham boys we are here.
Reaction score
I along with many others have slated Porter this season yet this could be the guy that fires us up.
Come on Chris show us all we were wrong about you and become a LEGEND

Is there a point or a question to this thread? Or was it an opportunity to share with the rest of the group?

Just a comment thats all.

I said on Saturday that the ref was stifling his talent. His mazy run in the second half where he hit the post, his "intentional" running into Quinny... All these things show that he's a genius, just ready to come good.

People said he was always offside. He's polished this side of his game. People said he was useless, he's.... well lets not worry too much about this part.

This is it, we can easily adapt the BT song to Porter.

Lets give all Ched's goals to him. He'll be a legend by the end the PO final....He's the next Craig Beattie

I said on Saturday that the ref was stifling his talent. His mazy run in the second half where he hit the post, his "intentional" running into Quinny... All these things show that he's a genius, just ready to come good.

People said he was always offside. He's polished this side of his game. People said he was useless, he's.... well lets not worry too much about this part.

This is it, we can easily adapt the BT song to Porter.

Lets give all Ched's goals to him. He'll be a legend by the end the PO final....He's the next Craig Beattie

He's a darn sight fucking better than Craig Beattie. I'm a darn sight better than Craig Beattie, and I've got a dodgy ankle that won`t let me sprint...

He's a darn sight fucking better than Craig Beattie. I'm a darn sight better than Craig Beattie, and I've got a dodgy ankle that won`t let me sprint...

How dare you! :)

Craig Beattie was misunderstood. He's the Messi of Scotland, just like Stokes is the Ronaldo equivelent

So he's going to miss a series of gilt edged chances in the PO semi final and then spend the playoff final standing around not jumping for headers and arguing with our midfielders?

Something to look forward to...

He's capable of some good stuff. A couple of his goals earlier in the season were very nicely taken goals. He's also capable of some absolute horror comedy moments too.

He's just inconsistent, which is propably why he's now playing at this level.

When he's had his chance recently he's looked a bit like Ched for the last two seasons, lacking in confidence. It doesn't help that he's (quite rightly) not had a decent run in the team but as others have said, he's shown in flashes that he can score goals at this level so now's his chance.

I'm not covinced that him and Cressy are the best partnership in terms of style but that's all we've got so have to go with it. What worries me is that we'll start going long again with those two up front at that'll play into Stevenage's hands.

He's primarily at this level because of his horrendous injury record at Derby: no one higher up would take a punt on him.

He's primarily at this level because of his horrendous injury record at Derby: no one higher up would take a punt on him.

He's at this level because he hasn't yet found his level, but he's been heading in the right direction !

Incidentally he got Hearts` winner in the Scottish league cup final a few weeks ago..surprising...

I think the headless chicken will have to play up front with either Cressy or Porter or we will be very, very predicatable.

Either that or one up front and flood the midfield. Need someone quite quick who can put his foot in against Stevenage as they looked a lot more mobile than us in the league game.

i'd go with a packed midfield at their ground, and then play flynn Cresswell and O'halloran upfront at home with Doyle quinn/williamson, and Macca in midfield

This Play Off campaign is very similar to the last one.. Stuttered approaching them and look like heading into them with no strikers. Greg Halford upfront?!?!

My main problem with Porter is that he never looks remotely interested in the game. Bearing in mind the lack of firepower on offer currently I'd like to see us play with Cressy on his own in a 4-5-1. Midfield is where we currently have an abundance of choice in comparison so we need to make use of it. You never know we might stumble into the winning formula sadly missing since Ched's exit.

i'd go with a packed midfield at their ground, and then play flynn Cresswell and O'halloran upfront at home with Doyle quinn/williamson, and Macca in midfield

I think it depends on the score in the first leg.

If we are winning, we can be patient and draw them out.

If its a draw or Stevenage are ahead, I fully expect to see them set up exactly as they did 2 weeks ago, and try an hit us on the break. A 3 man midfield would be dangerous in this situation i think...

Porter's biggest problem is that we don't play to his strengths.
The delivery from wide areas has been utter pants recently (actually most of th eseason for that matter) hardly getting off the ground and seldom beating the first man. Porter needs it on his head to be most effective. A good run from a winger and a decent cross will give him the chances he needs.
On the other hand our previous style was to play it into feet and work space to run into, which is where Ched scored most of his goals - very few of Ched's goals cam from headers from open play.
Porter is not that type of player - although I have to say he was very unlucky with the chance that hit the post vs Exeter - his turn and movement created a great chance and it was a whisker away from being a winner

I agree with Highbury_Blade - given the available players, I'd go 4-4-1-1 away. Flynn is a better midfielder than O'Halloran is a forward and he's also better defensively and positionally (dare I say more reliable?) than Quinn. Give Quinn a free role: it's what he does anyway and it might free up McDonald, Williamson and Flynn more effectively.

The danger, of course, is that Porter's lack of movement will leave him isolated. That's down to the physio - pump him full of Red Bull before the game and it might help.

What worries me is that we'll start going long again with those two up front at that'll play into Stevenage's hands.

I know it was desperation stuff, but Stevenage couldn't cope with us when we started going direct after Cressy scored the other week. We got one and could have had four or five during that period. The other 75 mins played into their counter attacking hands.

How dare you! :)

Craig Beattie was misunderstood. He's the Messi of Scotland, just like Stokes is the Ronaldo equivelent
Sorry to be harsh, but f*** all of you. I still have on my camera/phone my picture of Craig Beattie's mug from the screen at Wembley. as they did the team announcements. I wasn't trying to take the mick either.. I was actually trying to get a pic of the previously announced player, Monty (I'm sorry if I bore you by explaining that I wasn't dissing Monty!)..Safe to say, I'm not blessed in photography skills

For those of you who don't know: Fishpie is the foremost collector of 'crap footballer' images in the country.

:)

For those of you who don't know: Fishpie is the foremost collector of 'crap footballer' images in the country.

:)
Pinchy, I'll take that as a compiment sir and raise a glass of alcopop to you :) ps I've got plenty of crapper footballer images, just not on my phone :)

He's capable of some good stuff. A couple of his goals earlier in the season were very nicely taken goals. He's also capable of some absolute horror comedy moments too.

I received an e mail the other day mentioning Porter which was at odds with your view Highbury. The poster remarked that Porter was consistant, consistently poor. A bit of inconsistancy would be good, like scoring and playing well for a few minutes here and there. You never know in football , it may happen over the next three games.

I received an e mail the other day mentioning Porter which was at odds with your view Highbury. The poster remarked that Porter was consistant, consistently poor. A bit of inconsistancy would be good, like scoring and playing well for a few minutes here and there. You never know in football , it may happen over the next three games.

He's scored 7 goals this season in 22 starts. That's actually not a bad record but in 19 substitute appearances, he hasn't scored once. That would suggest that he should either start or not be involved at all.

He played very well at Brentford and then well at Colchester. I would suggest that he is the type of player who needs a run in the team - it's just a pity we don't have that luxury.

This Play Off campaign is very similar to the last one.. Stuttered approaching them and look like heading into them with no strikers. Greg Halford upfront?!?!

I'd give a limb to have Halford up front instead of Porter right now!

porter is a superb header of the ball.. he wins nearly 'every' punt forward.. trouble is that we aren't set up to play hoofball these days and we don't want to start doing it at wembley on that massive pitch

Back
Top Bottom