How is Chris Doing

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The response to the first question where he was asked about the contrast in last weeks performance to this weeks was poor for me. He’s being confrontational now, he wanted to be the interviewers mate a few weeks ago. I get it, he expected to not concede 15 goals in 3 home games but it happened!
I thought he bit his lip at what was a moronic question.

Was it not an improvement on last weeks performance?

I think the question implied a string of poor performances, and I think that's what pissed CW off. As he quite rightly said we were down to 10 men, so hardly comparable. I think to be fair it was a lazy comment from a club interviewer, and a bit ignorant.

I prefer Wilder when he's got an edge to be fair. And I prefer managers who hurt when they lose. He's always been like that, it doesn't suggest wanting to leave or anything at all to do with the end of last time he was here.

I think the question implied a string of poor performances, and I think that's what pissed CW off. As he quite rightly said we were down to 10 men, so hardly comparable. I think to be fair it was a stupid comment from a club interviewer.

I prefer Wilder when he's got an edge to be fair. And I prefer managers who hurt when they lose. He's always been like that, it doesn't suggest wanting to leave or anything at all to do with the end of last time he was here.
It just asked about the previous game though. It didn’t mention the previous games at all.

I like Wilder with a bit of an edge but in my view he handled that question poorly.

Last edited:
I’ve learnt something new today, you can’t compare performances when variables change. That must mean the work of football analysts is pretty pointless.

You can, but it's not going to tell you anything valuable.You can prove me wrong by showing that there's no difference in average results whether there's ten or eleven men. I'm more than open to being proved wrong on that particular variable.

Last edited:
You can, but it's not going to tell you anything valuable.You can prove me wrong by showing that there's no difference in average results whether there's ten or eleven men. I'm more than open to being proved wrong on that particular variable.
Of course there’s a difference, but the way Wilder reacted it was like he’d been asked a question that was about the World Tiddly Winks Championship.

Just say “we were much better today” and move on, he doesn’t need to be a mard arse about such an inane question.

He gets like this Wilder and it’s cringeworthy, I imagine that the interviewer was eating a sandwich or something as well. Can’t be doing that in the presence of greatness.

Of course there’s a difference, but the way Wilder reacted it was like he’d been asked a question that was about the World Tiddly Winks Championship.

Just say “we were much better today” and move on, he doesn’t need to be a mard arse about such an inane question.

He gets like this Wilder and it’s cringeworthy, I imagine that the interviewer was eating a sandwich or something as well. Can’t be doing that in the presence of greatness.

He could've stated the obvious and said "I don't think the two are comparable", "it's hard to compare" and then maybe gone back to the previous matches to draw a more useful comparison. I reserve my ire for people who ask questions for a living somehow contriving to ask inexplicably moronic questions. I don't tune in to waste my time. I'm wanting to gain some sort of insight. From all the possible questions in the world he chose that one.I don't know for sure, but I'd guess that he didn't know what happened in the Brighton game and was just being lazy.

I don’t mind managers being prickly in the aftermath of a frustrating defeat.

Where I would take issue is the implication that discipline isn’t part of the performance. Holgate’s stupidity wasn’t some act of god - it was the biggest flaw in our game.

He could've stated the obvious and said "I don't think the two are comparable", "it's hard to compare" and then maybe gone back to the previous matches to draw a more useful comparison. I reserve my ire for people who ask questions for a living somehow contriving to ask inexplicably moronic questions. I don't tune in to waste my time. I'm wanting to gain some sort of insight. From all the possible questions in the world he chose that one.I don't know for sure, but I'd guess that he didn't know what happened in the Brighton game and was just being lazy.
Fair enough, I thought he was unnecessarily terse in his response.

3 games this month all in the league (MAR)

Arsenal H, lost 6 nill
Bournemouth A, 2 all draw
Fulham H, 3 all draw

Next Month (April)
Liverpool A
Chelsea H
Brentford A
Burnley H
Man U A
Newcastle A

Current Position:
Bottom of the league, 7 points from safety with 9 to play and a game in hand (Man U away)
Here are the stats since wilders return (just the league)

004_March.png

Arsenal H, lost 6 nill
Fulham H, 3 all draw

Next Month (April)
Liverpool A
Chelsea H
Brentford A
Burnley H
Man U A
Newcastle A

Current Position:
Bottom of the league, 7 points from safety with 9 to play and a game in hand (Man U away)

View attachment 181499
So Hecky had a record of

PL 14 W1 D 2 L 11 GF 11 GA 39 GD - 28 Pts 5?

Arsenal H, lost 6 nill
Fulham H, 3 all draw

Next Month (April)
Liverpool A
Chelsea H
Brentford A
Burnley H
Man U A
Newcastle A

Current Position:

View attachment 181499
Mad to think we've only conceded 12 in 7 away games and Palace was 3 goals!

Back
Top Bottom