All out attack or ten behind the ball, a loss is a loss.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

we ‘played well’ for 23 mins against Newcastle at least
I was picking up intermittent reports off the BBC website and I still can't get my head around going from 'McAtee is running the game' to being 3-0 down in 25 minutes.

I think Citeh average something like 63% possession this season. This will include games against Liverpool Arsenal et al who will be closer to matching them. Not sure how we compare to other bottom half teams but it might not be quite as appalling as it seems.

I'm afraid it is.

The lowest ever possession % in a PL game is 17% by Swansea (against Manchester City). At one point we were on course to break that record - it was mentioned on commentary during the match.

Yesterday they made 938 completed passes against us. That's only 4 fewer than their own record of 942 - against Swansea. Had the referee not taken pity and played more than 3 minutes of added time they'd have surpassed that against us.

Serious question, how would you propose we attacked them? How would we get the ball forward? How would we defend counter attacks?

I’d say starting Archer or McB (or both) would be a start. Relying on Osula as a lone striker away at the best team in the world is a white flag before we even look at the rest of the team.

I’d say starting Archer or McB (or both) would be a start. Relying on Osula as a lone striker away at the best team in the world is a white flag before we even look at the rest of the team.
So remove a midfielder or a defender?

I'm afraid it is.

The lowest ever possession % in a PL game is 17% by Swansea (against Manchester City). At one point we were on course to break that record - it was mentioned on commentary during the match.

Yesterday they made 938 completed passes against us. That's only 4 fewer than their own record of 942 - against Swansea. Had the referee not taken pity and played more than 3 minutes of added time they'd have surpassed that against us.

Exactly, the result was respectful.. but let's be honest, the performance was woeful.

Whatever that was yesterday, it certainly wasn't football.

So remove a midfielder or a defender?

We had a back 5 with 2 defensive midfielders.

That left us 3 players to try and get something with, one of whom has barely played and the other two are kids.

Would it have led to a mullering if we played 4-3-3, having Archer up top supported by Brooks and Slimane as an option?

It’s one change that shows a bit of fight.

It’s not the answer sure, and people know better than I, but to assume there’s no chance begs the question of what’s the point.

We had a back 5 with 2 defensive midfielders.

That left us 3 players to try and get something with, one of whom has barely played and the other two are kids.

Would it have led to a mullering if we played 4-3-3, having Archer up top supported by Brooks and Slimane as an option?

It’s one change that shows a bit of fight.

It’s not the answer sure, and people know better than I, but to assume there’s no chance begs the question of what’s the point.
We tried that v Luton and got murdered out wide. 433 v City is 6-0 at half time

We tried that v Luton and got murdered out wide. 433 v City is 6-0 at half time

Apologies, I’m just struggling with the notion of us turning up with a white flag repeatedly this season.

We were supposed to be seeing some of the fight back with Wilder.

Apologies, I’m just struggling with the notion of us turning up with a white flag repeatedly this season.

We were supposed to be seeing some of the fight back with Wilder.
OK, but how does surrendering all the areas City want to attack = anything positive?

Back
Top Bottom