CONFIRMED Wilder signs new deal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The question to be asked is why they keep on lying about 50k gates then?
Or signing overpaid crocks/busted flushes.
Or ripping off their own fans.
Or serving up one PR disaster after another.
Or passing from one egomaniacal owner to another.
Or treating their youth players so badly (when they bother developing any).
Or their fans shouting their mouths off every summer about what theyre going to do.
Or any other of the same old shit you expect from them, time after time, year after year, owner after owner.

Learn from their mistakes? God almighty, I know self awareness isnt their strong suit, but that one must be blind deaf and have been Fritzeled for the last 30 years.

Good, at last this circus is over, now let’s concentrate on getting the right players in.

THREADS MERGED.

“We study history to ensure we dont repeat the mistakes of the past”.

This has to be quote of the decade. Is he a goldfish? That outfit has been dropping more bollocks than a sex change surgeon for the last 30 years, no matter who runs it.

Plus the small fact that the pigs hate Wilder as they hated Warnock and Bassett. I can't remember Wendy having a manager who I gave a fuck about. While we've had worries about CW leaving, I haven't seen a mad scramble to secure the services of Dead Loss Jos.

Plus the small fact that the pigs hate Wilder as they hated Warnock and Bassett. I can't remember Wendy having a manager who I gave a fuck about. While we've had worries about CW leaving, I haven't seen a mad scramble to secure the services of Dead Loss Jos.
it’s the highest compliment really .. they’re terrified of what we might do with Chris at the helm

Pig mate of mine absolutely despised Warnock for years- to the point of genuinely wishing death on him. Now, after listening to him on Talkshite for a few years, he thinks of him as some beloved uncle and was absolutely desperate for him to get their job the other year and actually had the gall to say he’d always liked him. Another case of history being brushed over down at S6.

Although he declined the invitation to elaborate too much, (a wise choice given they hope to enter the transfer market shortly), Wilder did confirm United’s recruitment budget has been increased. Supporters were warned not to expect multi-million pound signings. “I am not talking out of turn, it’s not going to be head-turning where we are blowing everybody out of the water.” But, after finishing 10th on a bottom six budget last season, Wilder did acknowledge the amount placed at his disposal meant “quality” additions are now within reach.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foo...ntract-was-a-hugely-important-event-1-9176286

"Quality additions now within reach" sounds good to me :)

Last edited:
Better he got one than not. "Chrissy Wilder we want you to stay"

UTB

Pig mate of mine absolutely despised Warnock for years- to the point of genuinely wishing death on him. Now, after listening to him on Talkshite for a few years, he thinks of him as some beloved uncle and was absolutely desperate for him to get their job the other year and actually had the gall to say he’d always liked him. Another case of history being brushed over down at S6.

It's hillarious how they have gone from wanking each other off about Wilder leaving to today saying they're glad he's staying. It's like they think nobody can see what they have been posting

It's hillarious how they have gone from wanking each other off about Wilder leaving to today saying they're glad he's staying. It's like they think nobody can see what they have been posting
Its the cult mentality. They’ll all completely ignore their previous comments and collectively agree on the new one. It will be as though they were right all along (until they're wrong again).

“If a tree falls outside of Hillsborough, and nobody from Hillsborough is there to hear it, does it ever really fall?”
- Sacred Chansiri Family Text

I’m delighted for Chris that he’s got some assurances from both that he’s wanted and will be given the tools to do the job.

I’m also cynical about this as well. I think that the last thing they need right now is for the manager to be raising concerns about the future direction of the club. That doesn’t help either of them and so it’s not surprising to see they’ve acted jointly to put this particular fire out before it spreads.

There’s still the issue of ownership to be resolved though and that’s not a secondary issue because it can impact everything else. Promises can be, and frequently have been, broken.

I hope the ownership is resolved very soon and we can start to plan properly for the new season.

I look forward to exciting new manager Chris Coleman pinning the blame for his squad’s failings on idiot predecessor Chris Coleman.

Perhaps Sunderland looked at the dross that's out there and thought 'Why not?' Coleman joined Sunlan when they had one foot in the third division, a bunch of crap players and a useless board - a bit like Bassett did when he joined us in Jan. 1988. Resigned to relegation to the third tier, it was too late to save us but he was kept on and instant promotion from the third tier (followed by the second tier) was secured. The rest is history.
I'm not comparing Coleman with DB but, given the dross that's been spoken about to replace him at Sunderland, they might as well give him some time - probably until Christmas.

Perhaps Sunderland looked at the dross that's out there and thought 'Why not?' Coleman joined Sunlan when they had one foot in the third division, a bunch of crap players and a useless board - a bit like Bassett did when he joined us in Jan. 1988. Resigned to relegation to the third tier, it was too late to save us but he was kept on and instant promotion from the third tier (followed by the second tier) was secured. The rest is history.
I'm not comparing Coleman with DB but, given the dross that's been spoken about to replace him at Sunderland, they might as well give him some time - probably until Christmas.

Nope. Get Carlos in. Whatever happens he’ll provide some entertainment..

Interestingly it seems that this "International Consortium" headed by Stewart Donald is no such thing and it is basically Donald and his mate Methven. Seems that had CW jumped ship he wouldn't have had the budget he expected.

The article I read pretty much implied that Donald's "international consortium" couldn't get it's shit in one pile in time to get the deal done, so Donald went ahead without them. You'd have to imagine that this would impact on any potential transfer pot. The cynic within me would say that Coleman going back means they wouldn't have to pay him the compo, therefore saving a few bob?

My gut feeling is that this could be another car crash. Donald spent a lot of money to take Eastleigh from the Conference South to the Conference National and then changed managers with alarming frequency. They may be debt free but they have huge ongoing contractual liabilities.

The ‘international consortium’ seems to have disappeared and Donald doesn’t appear to be seriously rich himself. Something just doesn’t feel right.

Walks like a Duck, quacks like a Duck, but could well be an Albatross.

Although he declined the invitation to elaborate too much, (a wise choice given they hope to enter the transfer market shortly), Wilder did confirm United’s recruitment budget has been increased. Supporters were warned not to expect multi-million pound signings. “I am not talking out of turn, it’s not going to be head-turning where we are blowing everybody out of the water.” But, after finishing 10th on a bottom six budget last season, Wilder did acknowledge the amount placed at his disposal meant “quality” additions are now within reach.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foo...ntract-was-a-hugely-important-event-1-9176286

"Quality additions now within reach" sounds good to me :)

“Within reach” and “attainable” are wholly different.

I suppose it's difficult to put it a different way, because we could be outgunned from a number of clubs who have higher budgets. It's a fact

I'd rather he quoted as he did, than say we're in the bargain bucket department yet again

Wilder seems happy. I'm happy.

Sure. “Within reach” is relating to finances. “Attainable” relates to finances plus all the other stuff, like availability, willingness to join, etc

The “mid-table” budget sounds better than the “bottom six” budget. But we don’t know how big a difference that is.

We need two or three strikers, at least one more midfielder, two defenders and a goalkeeper. A minimum of 6 “quality” players. That won’t be cheap!

Back
Top Bottom