2 years for JLT

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Glad we that both parties have now agreed. Out of the three that were offered new contracts this was the one that made most sense.

He probably won't be first choice but he is a competitor and a decent professional to have around the place. Pleased we have him signed him up again.

Delighted as gives us cover. Still need either a starting LCB or starting LWB with RND taking the other spot.

Let me take you back to 20/21 Prem season courtesy of Deadbat

Jack Robinson

…Technically not really up this level, he was another that was painfully slow and lacking in athleticism and power to deal with the athletes and skilled players at this level. Just not up to the level really. Worryingly I am not even sure he would be a regular at the level below and regardless of what happens with O’Connell, Egan etc, you would not want him starting games. He has been here a while now and even Wilder seemed to realise quite quickly, like he has with other players (Leonard, Lee Evans, Holmes that he chased a while!) that he was not really up to it sadly.

He has another year left but one you would like to think we would move on as do not see him being part of our plans moving forward. We need dynamic players who are consistent and can improve. He is not really any of those. I think he is a player that will probably stay as a pro for a good few years (if he gets fit) but expect him to be around the lower leagues as he has been unable to become close to a regular or establishing himself at Forest or United in the last 3 or 4 seasons.

I mean, he's good to have as a back-up. Knows his role well. Can use that to make up for his lack of acceleration.

If he's going to be starting though I'd be worried.

Lowe geta lot of shit, some warranted, but problems on the left are not all his fault.

I’m not. We’re going down but for once we are all on the same page and accepting of it.

We must be the only club where the manager sticks up posts and comments in the dressing room from our own fans to motivate the lads to stick it up em

Depending on who we bring in we may we’ll be more equipped for the EPL this time round -
Prem experience in every third
Illy a level up on anyone
PH a more calming influence when it goes wrong

We had a bigger buzz around the place last time, but it was peaks and troughs, this feels more consistent and level headed

Either way it’s 11 of ours v 11 of theirs and we just need to be not in the bottom 15% of teams

It’s like a boxers trainer throwing the towel in a month before the fights even started
At least get in the ring and try a punches chance ffs

I don't think we will go down. Keep the players we have and add a bit of quality from somewhere and i reckon we can survive.
Our fate will be decided by how we fare against the bottom 10 or so. The likes of Bournemouth, Palace, Wolves, Forest ,Luton, Everton and maybe West Ham, Fulham and Burnley are games to target. A decent return from these games will be telling.
UTB!

Not enough threads on this fella, can we have another with a poll..

Love a good poll I do.

I don't think we will go down. Keep the players we have and add a bit of quality from somewhere and i reckon we can survive.
Our fate will be decided by how we fare against the bottom 10 or so. The likes of Bournemouth, Palace, Wolves, Forest ,Luton, Everton and maybe West Ham, Fulham and Burnley are games to target. A decent return from these games will be telling.
UTB!

And despite all the money flying around, every fixture next season against one of them you mention is imminently winnable.

If Jack Robinson is starting at Centre back for us it isn’t looking good bruv

Holgate must start the forthcoming season for fallowfield or even an Ampadu 🤷‍♂️

Delighted as gives us cover. Still need either a starting LCB or starting LWB with RND taking the other spot.

Let me take you back to 20/21 Prem season courtesy of Deadbat

Jack Robinson

…Technically not really up this level, he was another that was painfully slow and lacking in athleticism and power to deal with the athletes and skilled players at this level. Just not up to the level really. Worryingly I am not even sure he would be a regular at the level below and regardless of what happens with O’Connell, Egan etc, you would not want him starting games. He has been here a while now and even Wilder seemed to realise quite quickly, like he has with other players (Leonard, Lee Evans, Holmes that he chased a while!) that he was not really up to it sadly.

He has another year left but one you would like to think we would move on as do not see him being part of our plans moving forward. We need dynamic players who are consistent and can improve. He is not really any of those. I think he is a player that will probably stay as a pro for a good few years (if he gets fit) but expect him to be around the lower leagues as he has been unable to become close to a regular or establishing himself at Forest or United in the last 3 or 4 seasons.
Probably fair at the the time but he's just been the 1st choice LCB in a defence that was very good and crucial to us getting promoted. He clearly has improved

We must be the only club where the manager sticks up posts and comments in the dressing room from our own fans to motivate the lads to stick it up em

Depending on who we bring in we may we’ll be more equipped for the EPL this time round -
Prem experience in every third
Illy a level up on anyone
PH a more calming influence when it goes wrong

We had a bigger buzz around the place last time, but it was peaks and troughs, this feels more consistent and level headed

Either way it’s 11 of ours v 11 of theirs and we just need to be not in the bottom 15% of teams

It’s like a boxers trainer throwing the towel in a month before the fights even started
At least get in the ring and try a punches chance ffs
We have a threadbare squad largely made up of players who struggled to beat anyone around us after Christmas last year with no money to improve the side. Oh, 2 of them have gone back to their parent club as they were only loans. Please excuse my perceived negativity…

Back
Top Bottom