Deal or No Deal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Basham release and testimonial game
McBurnie fitness related deal
Bogle keep
Egan keep
Baldock fitness related deal
Coulibaly sell if he has a decent end of season at AIK
Adam Davies get rid
Norwood get rid
Osborn keep on a 1 year deal
Lowe get rid
Wes get rid
RND fitness related deal
Jebbo gone I assume if he hasn't signed a new deal already
Amissah keep but send out on loan for a season (I do think there is potential there in him)
Saves me typing owt :)

What have people got against RND? Has there been some injury update that I have missed? He is one of our few defenders that can actually defend. Unless his career is over I would offer him another year at least.

What have people got against RND? Has there been some injury update that I have missed? He is one of our few defenders that can actually defend. Unless his career is over I would offer him another year at least.

Out for the season.

I realise that. I just wondered why so many seem to be writing him off completely, as if they know that he will never recover fully.

It's his other hammy so not sure we should write him off at all. This injury could be just a standard hamstring injury and he won't have the complications he had with his previous injury.

I thought (may be wrong) but some of these players (mcburnie) etc aren't signing contracts anyway that have been offered...

To be honest heads need to roll for some of the contracts we renewed last year, but it's the same people making the decisions so therefore we will offer all the injury prone wage thieves new deals. We need to pay that useless cunt brewster off as well but we won't.

If we carry on this trajectory a relegation battle is looming again next year.

The following are out of contract this summer:
McBurnie
Bogle
Norwood
Adam Davies
Coulibaly
Egan
Amissah
Baldock
Osborn
Basham
Lowe
Foderingham
Norrington-Davies
Jebbison

Right now, how many of these would you be willing to offer a new deal to?

McBurnie
Bogle
Egan
Baldock
Norrington-Davies
Jebbison

...are good enough for the championship. No more that a 2 year deal though.

I can't believe the number of supporters of Bogle.

Mitoma shouldn't have been paid yesterday. He never had anyone to beat (apart from Holgate) all afternoon.

McBurnie
Bogle
Norwood
Adam Davies
Coulibaly
Egan
Amissah
Baldock
Osborn
Basham
Lowe
Foderingham
Norrington-Davies
Jebbison

If we were staying in the Premier League this list would be drastically different, but as we are going back to the Championship....

McBurnie - NO DEAL
Norwood- NO DEAL
Adam Davies- NO DEAL
Osborn - NO DEAL
Basham- NO DEAL
Lowe- NO DEAL
Foderingham- NO DEAL
Jebbison- NO DEAL

Bogle - DEAL
Egan - DEAL
Coulibaly - EXTEND ON OPTION & EITHER USE OR SELL
Amissah - DEAL & LOAN
Baldock - DEAL (Dependent on injury outlook)
Norrington-Davies - DEAL (Dependent on injury outlook)

If we were staying in the Premier League this list would be drastically different, but as we are going back to the Championship....

McBurnie - NO DEAL
Norwood- NO DEAL
Adam Davies- NO DEAL
Osborn - NO DEAL
Basham- NO DEAL
Lowe- NO DEAL
Foderingham- NO DEAL
Jebbison- NO DEAL

Bogle - DEAL
Egan - DEAL
Coulibaly - EXTEND ON OPTION & EITHER USE OR SELL
Amissah - DEAL & LOAN
Baldock - DEAL (Dependent on injury outlook)
Norrington-Davies - DEAL (Dependent on injury outlook)
Wow ! where's the money coming from to replace all them? Young players without senior players supporting them would go only one way down.
Are you a pig plant?

McBurnie
Bogle
Norwood
Adam Davies
Coulibaly
Egan
Amissah
Baldock
Osborn
Basham
Lowe
Foderingham
Norrington-Davies
Jebbison

none - get rid

Wow ! where's the money coming from to replace all them? Young players without senior players supporting them would go only one way down.
Are you a pig plant
Thanks for the compliment.
It would have to be free transfers and loan's as we have done historically.
The cost of bringing players in on large transfer fee's I agree would be unattainable given the deficit we would need to cover with the sale of 1 or 2 players, but how much would these players want to re-sign.
For the cost of 1 McBurnie you could possibly get 2 etc. I agree that players like Osborn & A.Davies would be cheaper, but the likes of Lowe, Norwood & Wes would want a good amount to re-sign IMO.
Jebbison is a very strange one, as it seems as he want's to leave and won't re-sign, so do we attempt to re-sign him to a bumper contract and try to sell. I believe the player would probobly rather walk, and take all the money for himself as a free agent, albeit we will receive a compensatory training fee, which decreases drastically if he goes abroad.
Obviously we do not know the full details of each players contract, but McBurnie at for instance £25k p/w is £1.3m per year for probably 3 years is touching £4m without bonuses.
Only the club/manager can make the decision on each players value to us.
At the end of the day, we just continue to support our team, which I have done in all 4 divisions.
It's the badge on the front not the name on the back that matters.

To be honest heads need to roll for some of the contracts we renewed last year, but it's the same people making the decisions so therefore we will offer all the injury prone wage thieves new deals. We need to pay that useless cunt brewster off as well but we won't.

If we carry on this trajectory a relegation battle is looming again next year.

Hecky is partly to blame he wanted to keep the group together and it meant renewing Fleck's contract.

Thanks for the compliment.
It would have to be free transfers and loan's as we have done historically.
The cost of bringing players in on large transfer fee's I agree would be unattainable given the deficit we would need to cover with the sale of 1 or 2 players, but how much would these players want to re-sign.
For the cost of 1 McBurnie you could possibly get 2 etc. I agree that players like Osborn & A.Davies would be cheaper, but the likes of Lowe, Norwood & Wes would want a good amount to re-sign IMO.
Jebbison is a very strange one, as it seems as he want's to leave and won't re-sign, so do we attempt to re-sign him to a bumper contract and try to sell. I believe the player would probobly rather walk, and take all the money for himself as a free agent, albeit we will receive a compensatory training fee, which decreases drastically if he goes abroad.
Obviously we do not know the full details of each players contract, but McBurnie at for instance £25k p/w is £1.3m per year for probably 3 years is touching £4m without bonuses.
Only the club/manager can make the decision on each players value to us.
At the end of the day, we just continue to support our team, which I have done in all 4 divisions.
It's the badge on the front not the name on the back that matters.
Wilder already said availability (fitness) will be important and a number of those will be released as for 3 years now injuries have decimated us.
Take Mcbernie and Lowe both have had on going issues, Lowe won't be missed! Mcbernie totally different position,he will after accept a real drop in wages ,cant see any club taking him on as it stands his record is shocking but! and that's a big but ! A fit Mcbernie will be awesome in the championship we have to judge whether we can get him fit and keep fit.
That's a difficult call to make really.
Lowe ! Can't see any future for him here like Bogle who also came from Derby he just isn't good enough in my opinion.
Do think Wilder will call the tune here and not the Prince obviously within a budget.

As someone mentioned earlier, if we are also still having to sell a player (as well as Archer going back to Villa) to balance the books, we cannot afford to take any risks on injury prone players. Ie…RND or Lowe or McBurnie

People always ask me, "why do you hate Noel Edmonds?".

I don't hate Noel Edmonds.

I hate the way he looks, sure. I hate the way he acts, I hate his arrogance, I hate his attitude and I hate everything he does.

But hate Edmonds himself?

Nope, wouldn't give him the satisfaction.
Are you ok? ;)

McBurnie
Bogle
Norwood
Adam Davies
Coulibaly
Egan
Amissah
Baldock
Osborn
Basham
Lowe
Foderingham
Norrington-Davies
Jebbison

Keep:

Bogle, Egan, Jebbison, and either Amissah or Wes.

Bogle - 3 years
McBurnie - 2 years, reduced terms to reflect availability
Egan - 1 year with extension option, reduced terms
RND - 1 year with extension option, low basic wage

That's what I'd offer. We shouldn't really be aiming to keep more than 4. We need to force a rebuild. I could see why Lowe, Osborn or Basham might be kept around, but they'd get in the way of necessary change and delay it even further
Is that the same Bogle who time after time shows that he cannot defend, even in the Championship ?

I think the writing was on the wall for many when we got promoted. If the Prince thought sod it and went for staying in the Prem and gave us a 100 mill budget we would have had a very different team.

Right now as we kept the squad together it means next season should be a total cull of the old. Out of contract players should be let go.

Gk Girbic/Fods
Def r ?
Def l lourici
Def c egan/?
Def c Anel/ trusty/ Robinson

Mid c Brooks / arblaster
Mid c Souza /?
Mid c Hamer/ ?

Att Osula/ One
Att ? Brewster
Att ? Brian Deane

Lots of soul searching and change. Especially tactics.

They say if you really want to change you have to let go of everything from the past EVERYTHING. We’ve never had a proper purge over the years . Always more than a few hangers on that remind us of the past . Even ex managers are haunting us now . I know I’ll get pelted for suggesting we should have a clean out but I think we should . Problem I have is I have zero ZERO! confidence in our recruitment. Man U have smelt the coffee and gone for Dan Ashworth despite a 2 year garden leave . Bournemouth went to League 2 and Brighton also to reboot and they are better positioned than we are . Let’s have a 5-10 year plan with owner who can see the vision and stick with it .
UTB

The following are out of contract this summer Right now, how many of these would you be willing to offer a new deal to?
McBurnie
Currently one of our highest earners but only available 50-60% of the time. We can't build a team if we can't rely on key players' availability. I'd be open to United offering McBurnie a new deal but it would need to reflect that: relatively low basic with decent performance-related add-ons
Bogle
Odd one. I'm fairly certain there was incredulity at his transformation into a competent defender when Wilder came back in but that was in a 4. Since we've reverted to 5 at the back (fuck knows why) he's reverted to being a poor defender. As for a contract... definitely. There's still a player in there and it's easy to forget that he's still only 23.
Norwood
No deal. Slowing down dramatically in the second half of last season and completely shown up this season. His display at Arsenal was the worst midfield performance I've seen in 10 years. Thanks for the memories Oli but it's time you (and we) moved on.
Adam Davies
No deal. Stopgap signing.
Coulibaly
No deal. We're not getting decent money for him so we should stop hoping for such.
Egan
Deal but on similar terms to McBurnie. He's not got the availability issues but the cracks are beginning to show in his performances
Amissah
Deal if he'll accept minimal terms as a third choice. We've got Faxon and others coming through though so it's 12 months at most.
Baldock
See Egan/McBurnie
Osborn
Deal...on very low terms. He's a 5-10 appearances in desperation player.
Basham
No deal 😞
Lowe
No deal. Can't stay fit. Will probably end up back at Derby.
Foderingham
Deal...as a backup, which he won't accept.
Norrington-Davies
Pay-as-you-play.
Jebbison
Deal, if he can prove his fitness between now and the end of the year.

Back
Top Bottom