Deal or No Deal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Did you think he was good and solid today pal?

He was pooing his pants every time Mitoma had the ball.
like I said, good, solid reliable defender, same as his partner on the opposite side of the pitch today. Did either of them stop a cross coming in ?. Offer a deal to a man who 's principal job is to defend who can't defend ffs !

I would retain the under 23s and play them as much as possible readyvfor the championship. The first team for me this season have proved most are not good enough and I would not retain more than a couple of them.

The following are out of contract this summer:
McBurnie
Bogle
Norwood
Adam Davies
Coulibaly
Egan
Amissah
Baldock
Osborn
Basham
Lowe
Foderingham
Norrington-Davies
Jebbison

Right now, how many of these would you be willing to offer a new deal to?
Bogle and Lowe still have another year left.

Out of the list I’d keep Egan and Jebbo

McBurnie
Bogle
Norwood
Adam Davies
Coulibaly
Egan
Amissah
Baldock
Osborn
Basham
Lowe
Foderingham
Norrington-Davies
Jebbison

Amazing how many are injured.

For me McBurnie, Bogle. And if Egan is going to be fit enough then Egan in champ. Wouldn't be against Osborn given we will be back in champ.
Foderingham if he's up for competing for the spot too.

Baldock would deffo be on my list but he seems to struggle at the minute for injury.

McBurnie
Bogle
Norwood
Adam Davies
Coulibaly
Egan
Amissah
Baldock
Osborn
Basham
Lowe
Foderingham
Norrington-Davies
Jebbison

It's not that simple. What roles would they be in? Length of contract? £££?

We have 9 players currently under contract for next season with 50+ games senior experience, before any potential sales take place. Unless you think a bunch of untested kids can compete in the Championship you need some experience in the squad.

We don't have the £ or the football admin resources to sign 7 or 8 Championship starter level Senior players this summer

Bogle and Lowe can go as far as I am concerned. Bogle has no positional sense or awareness of anyone when defending. Attacking wise he slows the game down and has very little end product. How many times today did Brighton cross the ball into our box even though defenders were in front of them. The basics of defending are lacking.

Egan can be kept and Jack Robinson. Anel is not good at organising a defence Egan while limited is better in that regard. How do you leave Dunk one of the best headers of the ball free at the back post for the first goal. Jack scored an own goal....he is limited but he works hard and tries his best.

All of them. Plus Larouci. We are in deep shit. We lose Archer and Macatee at the end of the season.

Abdullah, please sell up, then wilder, who like hecky will not get a decent job anywhere bar us. Lastly fuck the lot of them off barring the young ones!!

McBurnie
Bogle
Norwood
Adam Davies
Coulibaly
Egan
Amissah
Baldock
Osborn
Basham
Lowe
Foderingham
Norrington-Davies
Jebbison

Egan, Baldock, Basham

The rest, thanks for your service but find new clubs

Out of interst - who actually is in contact??
And I doubt very much we'll be worried about selling them - who'll want them?
Assumng:
Grbic
Anel
Robinson
Trusty
Souza
Hamer
Slimane
Osula
Traore
Brewster??

Fuck me - that isnt a great "backbone"

Keep McBurnie. He will be injured a lot as per but will get 15+ goals at the level
Keep Bogle, still young and is a good EFL player.
Let the keepers go.
Egan keep, he's a leader and with so many OOC we will need his influence.
Baldock let go, his best days are behind him, I think a club in Greece is for him and his saving on wages will help us.
Ozzy keep, high energy player lacking in skill but can fill multiple roles, decent EFL player (and will be cheap)
RND keep (unless he's proper crocked)
Jebbo unsure, why is he still out, what's wrong with him?

The rest release.

Definately deal for Bogle , we need good, solid reliable defenders like him.
I’m trusting this is a joke, but if we’re at the top end of the championship his attacking ability is worth it. If we’re on the back foot most of the season then he’s an above average championship defender. A bit like Anel really.

I just hope we don’t go down the ‘it’s cheaper to keep the lads we’ve had around for a while’ route like Hecky peddled last summer.

Get rid of all but Baldock, Jebbison and RND and rebuild sensibly.

The only issue is that we’ll be fishing in a pond of freebies and young unknowns because we all know we aren’t spending much on fees given the club narrative.

Talking of Deal or No Deal, anyone else in the Three Tuns tonight or Three Huns as it is now.

Plenty of old skool Blades enjoying the karaoke and Drag Deal or No Deal.

Brilliant night that was just the tonic after another tonking.

McBurnie - Y
Bogle - Y
Norwood - Y
Adam Davies - N
Coulibaly - N
Egan - Y
Amissah - Y?
Baldock - Y
Osborn - Y
Basham - N
Lowe - N
Foderingham - N
Norrington-Davies - N
Jebbison - Y

For me it’s time to do ultimate declutter. Just like at home, we can’t get overly sentimental about shit we don’t use anymore, out served their purpose or are just simply broken.
Regarding United, and that abysmal list of out of contract players…It’s either a car boot sale or the tip for me.

Out of interst - who actually is in contact??
And I doubt very much we'll be worried about selling them - who'll want them?
Assumng:
Grbic
Anel
Robinson
Trusty
Souza
Hamer
Slimane
Osula
Traore
Brewster??

Fuck me - that isnt a great "backbone"

And as Bettis has said, at least one of those will need to be sold to help 'balance the books'. If we need to sell a player to balance the books this also suggests there's going to be next to nothing to spend on new players. How do you build a completely new squad for the Championship on mostly free transfers? There's no getting away from it, we're in a mess.

I would retain the under 23s and play them as much as possible readyvfor the championship. The first team for me this season have proved most are not good enough and I would not retain more than a couple of them.
I know this is a big gamble as it could seriously backfire and if we dropped into L1 we would be in serious trouble. Release the out of contracts play the kids next year we are rotten and how much damage has this season done mindset wise. We have a good crop of talent coming through I'd go with them chuck in a few loans total rebuild. Keep us away from the Premier League. Forget the players fans have been damaged by this season .. UTB

Hi Stegosaurus here

McBurnie - No
Bogle - Yes, crap defensively but he's alright going forward
Norwood - No
Adam Davies - No
Coulibaly - No, seems like he's never going to be up to standard
Egan - No
Amissah - Yeah
Baldock - Yeah
Osborn - Yeah as backup because he can play lots of positions
Basham - No
Lowe - No
Foderingham - Yes as sub
Norrington-Davies - No
Jebbison - Yes

Im trying to think about this from a championship point of view. We want to have people like bogle as our back up, because in the championship he will do a good job. We can then either bring through an academy player or look to buy/loan better players.

So from that list, who am I happy to see on the bench:

McBurnie - yes (sign)
Bogle - Yes, (sign)
Norwood - No
Adam Davies - No
Coulibaly - No
Egan - Yes
Amissah - No (depending if Wes signs)
Baldock - No (Bogle for me is stronger now)
Osborn - Yes (has shown past couple of games the usefulness he brings)
Basham - No ( gutted and hope we get to bring him on on the 102nd minute of the last game of the season)
Lowe - No
Foderingham - Yes
Norrington-Davies - Yes (only one on this list who I am thinking of a starting position)
Jebbison - Yes (more due to potential sale value should we get him back on the pitch performing)

The Princes theory that players play better in the last year of their deal is really not showing.

8 of them are currently injured 😂
Prince has to accept he got that one wrong .
We have to be careful we don't throw the baby out with the bath water.
Championship experience is important ,Wilder is aware of that so some will get renewed ! The ones we feel can help a promotion challenge.

McBurnie
Bogle
Norwood
Adam Davies
Coulibaly
Egan
Amissah
Baldock
Osborn
Basham
Lowe
Foderingham
Norrington-Davies
Jebbison

I’d only offer Egan Jebbo and Wes new deals,

I suspect we will only offer one to Jebbo

Back
Top Bottom