Deal or No Deal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Did you think he was good and solid today pal?

He was pooing his pants every time Mitoma had

Wilder already said availability (fitness) will be important and a number of those will be released as for 3 years now injuries have decimated us.
Take Mcbernie and Lowe both have had on going issues, Lowe won't be missed! Mcbernie totally different position,he will after accept a real drop in wages ,cant see any club taking him on as it stands his record is shocking but! and that's a big but ! A fit Mcbernie will be awesome in the championship we have to judge whether we can get him fit and keep fit.
That's a difficult call to make really.
Lowe ! Can't see any future for him here like Bogle who also came from Derby he just isn't good enough in my opinion.
Do think Wilder will call the tune here and not the Prince obviously within a budget.
They'll all take a wage drop, it'll be in their contracts if we're relegated I should imagine

Hi Stegosaurus here

McBurnie - No
Bogle - Yes, crap defensively but he's alright going forward
Norwood - No
Adam Davies - No
Coulibaly - No, seems like he's never going to be up to standard
Egan - No
Amissah - Yeah
Baldock - Yeah
Osborn - Yeah as backup because he can play lots of positions
Basham - No
Lowe - No
Foderingham - Yes as sub
Norrington-Davies - No
Jebbison - Yes
You'd give a deal to Bogle, a defender who can't defend ?

They'll all take a wage drop, it'll be in their contracts if we're relegated I should imagine
Goes without saying! Standard practice.
Out of contract players have a choice accept our terms or walk! negotiations with the ones who we are really keen to keep.
We are in pole position here as the ones who are good for prem will go anyway ! any others we offer contracts to are at best championship players and are unlikely to get a better offer in the championship.
We have to get this right! A clear out maybe! We have some good players who we want to keep but not at any price .

Just IMO
McBurnie - NO DEAL - injured / suspended / over paid average .... Rangers is his only option or Plymouth
Bogle - DEAL - no brainer
Norwood - DEAL - reduced terms - Championship is his level
Adam Davies - NO DEAL - overpaid below average
Coulibaly - DEAL - cheap as chips
Egan - DEAL on reduced terms
Amissah - DEAL 1 year - cheap as chips
Baldock - NO DEAL ... great servant but time to use his wages elsewhere
Osborn - DEAL on very much reduced terms
Basham - Guts me to say - NO DEAL ... sadly time is not on his side - wages spent elsewhere
Lowe - DEAL - reduced terms
Foderingham - DEAL - but he is off somewhere else
Norrington-Davies - No DEAL - sadly too injured and we can't carry next season
Jebbison - DEAL ... he has gone from potential to having only us as an option .... no big deal if he goes
Coulibaly have a contract until June 2025.

Amazing agent.

But at one point we had offer at 10-12 million and was very good in Belgium so there was always a certain belief, quite right imo, that he would be given a chance at some point. Injuries etc a part of the explanation. Another is that he is simply too versatile without any characteristics or abilities that makes him stick out at this level.

Pretty good/decent at everything and can play on any of the 6 front positions (nr 9, nr 10, nr 6, nr 8 as well as both wings). My assessement.

Amazing agent.

But at one point we had offer at 10-12 million and was very good in Belgium so there was always a certain belief, quite right imo, that he would be given a chance at some point. Injuries etc a part of the explanation. Another is that he is simply too versatile without any characteristics or abilities that makes him stick out at this level.

Pretty good/decent at everything and can play on any of the 6 front positions (nr 9, nr 10, nr 6, nr 8 as well as both wings). My assessement.

I thought he did just fine up against Spurs in the cup last season.

McBurnie - DEAL
Bogle - DEAL
Norwood - NO DEAL
Adam Davies - NO DEAL
Coulibaly- NO DEAL
Egan - DEAL
Amissah - NO DEAL
Baldock - NO DEAL
Osborn - DEAL
Basham - NO DEAL
Lowe - NO DEAL
Foderingham- NO DEAL
Norrington-Davies
Jebbison - DEAL

DEAL;
Bogle (2+ years)
Egan (1 year)
RND (1 year)
Osborn (1 year)
McBurnie (2+ years)

NO DEAL;
Amissah
Wes
Davies

Baldock
Basham
Lowe
Norwood
Coulibaly
Jebbison

Keeping 5/14 is a decent clearout with the deadwood and keeping some decent players. I'll be very worried if we're wanting to keep anymore.

McBurnie - DEAL
Bogle - DEAL
Norwood - NO DEAL
Adam Davies - NO DEAL
Egan - DEAL
Amissah - NO DEAL
Baldock - DEAL
Osborn - DEAL
Basham - NO DEAL
Lowe - NO DEAL
Foderingham- NO DEAL
Norrington-Davies - DEAL
Jebbison - NO DEAL

That would be my choice as well now.

Jebbo and Wes no deal because they are either rejecting a deal or not interested in a new deal.

RND, Baldock and McBurnie would be deals very much based on their fitness though.

That would be my choice as well now.

Jebbo and Wes no deal because they are either rejecting a deal or not interested in a new deal.

RND, Baldock and McBurnie would be deals very much based on their fitness though.
The Jebbison situation is boring now. Good luck to the lad in his health and career but he's past my SUFC thoughts now.

DEAL;
Bogle (2+ years)
Egan (1 year)
RND (1 year)
Osborn (1 year)
McBurnie (2+ years)

NO DEAL;
Amissah
Wes
Davies

Baldock
Basham
Lowe
Norwood
Coulibaly
Jebbison

Keeping 5/14 is a decent clearout with the deadwood and keeping some decent players. I'll be very worried if we're wanting to keep anymore.
This.

RND can't have any more than a year. If he can't get fit then we have to cut him loose at the end of it.
I don't think McBurnie can do much better than us and likewise we probably can't attract anyone better than him with our transfer budget (or lack thererof).

Anyone seriously think we can keep Mcburnie even if we wanted to? Lower end prem clubs will be offering around 70k a week with him being on a free.

This is what I think will happen (not necessarily what I want to happen)

McBurnie. - Rejects a deal, gone
Bogle. - offered a deal accepts
Norwood - Gone
Adam Davies - Gone
Coulibaly - Gone
Egan - Rejects a deal, gone
Amissah - Gone
Baldock - Rejects a deal, gone
Osborn - offered a deal accepts
Basham - Gone
Lowe - Gone
Foderingham - Gone
Norrington-Davies - Gone
Jebbison - Rejects a deal, gone

Just shows what a huge rebuild is required with very limited resources.

DEAL;
Bogle (2+ years)
Egan (1 year)
RND (1 year)
Osborn (1 year)
McBurnie (2+ years)

NO DEAL;
Amissah
Wes
Davies

Baldock
Basham
Lowe
Norwood
Coulibaly
Jebbison

This seems reasonable to me, although I would offer a deal to Amissah (ought to be a cheap third choice), Baldock (injury issues this year have not been ideal but at a lower intensity level he can absolutely still do a job) and Jebbo (still believe there's very much a player in there and given age/upside letting him walk would be questionable)

This seems reasonable to me, although I would offer a deal to Amissah (ought to be a cheap third choice), Baldock (injury issues this year have not been ideal but at a lower intensity level he can absolutely still do a job) and Jebbo (still believe there's very much a player in there and given age/upside letting him walk would be questionable)
Funnily enough them three were the hardest to decide.

Amissah as a third choice Isn't all bad, I'd just like him to get some football to see if he's any good.

Baldock if he didn't have these niggling injuries would be my first choice RWB and probably one of the best in the championship. Greece would be good for him.

Jebbison I've probably been abit harsh on the kid after his personal health scare he's had but I just don't get what his situation even is anymore.

Anyone seriously think we can keep Mcburnie even if we wanted to? Lower end prem clubs will be offering around 70k a week with him being on a free.

Blinded by recent form? If any club that wants to pay him £70k per week based on his injury, disciplinary record over the past 5 years then good luck to them. I doubt any EPL side would go that far.
If he doesn't resign for us it will be Rangers that will pat him nowhere near £70k per week.

and if those offered a deal it needs to be time limited so we’re not in the absolute mess of this pre season scratching around for players after waiting and waiting for players offered contracts to sign, get them out of not bothered and move on.

Blinded by recent form? If any club that wants to pay him £70k per week based on his injury, disciplinary record over the past 5 years then good luck to them. I doubt any EPL side would go that far.
If he doesn't resign for us it will be Rangers that will pat him nowhere near £70k per week.

Plenty like him getting that money who can perform seldomly when available. God knows how much Calvert-lewin is on.

Back
Top Bottom