McBrainless' contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think we'll all know how average he is by where he goes next. He's certainly not going to be recruited by a premier league side and I'd assume mid championship at best, on lower wages. Maybe even back to Swansea.

Despite his shortcomings (injury/discipline) we tend to play better when he's playing this season and last season.

I'd be inserting clauses to fine/dock bad discipline.

I'd offer him a new contract. But it would be performance related with a much lower basic wage. He performs well and does his job well then he is well remunerated. We can't be offering the same sort of wage to him again as we offered when he first signed. He doesn't like it...? Move on then.

He has been a key player in many of our games of late but is prone to niggly injuries and moments of petulance like yesterday.

We are better with him in the team though.

UTB

He (or whoever close to him that is Bladesballer) liked a post elsewhere on here where the poster had said it was madness to keep him on the pitch for 30mins with a groin injury last time he got injured.

Not directly related to McBurnie but made me think are the players asking questions of why so many of them keep getting injured? They seem to have medium or even long term lay offs then eventually get thrown back in without any u21s football, only to get injured again pretty quickly.

Obviously a player can demand to be substituted but they can’t opt out of whatever intensity training we do at Shirecliffe. I’d be looking around wondering what the conditioning team were playing at if I played for SUFC.

I hope the new manager gives Osula a proper run in the side. The experience could see him ready to destroy Championship defences next season.

I think the odds that a player of Osula’s age destroys the Championship are incredibly slim. Not that I don’t rate him, just that it’s very very rare.

He can contribute, but banking on the lad to do what McBurnie did last season is a long shot. Moreover, if he really is that good, we’ll sell him in the summer anyway.

Absolutely brain-dead yesterday and not for the first time.

However, I'd definitely be giving him a new deal over losing him on a free and trusting our recruitment team to replace him.

He'll do well in the championship next season in my opinion.

McBurnie is not the type of character we need at the club. Mouthy and ill disciplined, thinks he is a hard man, he is not.

From the football side of things saying that we play better when he is tells us more about how crap our squad is than his ability and leadership.

What are our scouts looking at?? based on who we have bought over the last few years they don't know what they are doing. Saying our wage structure means players we are interested will go elsewhere is passing the buck. There are players of sufficient quality to be got even if they are 4th or 5th choice on our list.

The club is fucked from top to bottom.

Think he intended getting sent off today. Fist should have been red meaning 3 games out but ref spared him and it’s only 1.

Act of self harm? Rebelling against Hecky? Or seeing his contract out without getting injured then off as a free agent pocketing a fee?

Didnt see a glimmer of red and white passion in his actions just McBambie being himself, complete nob head and id say he’s one of our better players if not the best so what hope?
He just can’t control himself - getting a second yellow after being lucky with the first one is unforgivable and unprofessional. Makes you wonder if his contract negotiations behind the scenes meant he was not in right frame of mind from the start

Sorry just two games ago we were happy to have him back.

I think if we can get him on a good wage it's a no brainer to get him to sign as we don't be spending millions on other players much better than him
I think a lot of fans were thinking get him back because we've no fucker else! But after that yesterday he can fuck off for me. Were slow enough as it is but he's just tossing it off with injuries and suspensions, and take fucking Norwood with him as well!!

I think a lot of fans were thinking get him back because we've no fucker else! But after that yesterday he can fuck off for me. Were slow enough as it is but he's just tossing it off with injuries and suspensions, and take fucking Norwood with him as well!!
He's our best striker by a mile and I highly doubt we will be in the market for anyone better than him.

Oh my god if that the fucking best we can come up with roll on league 1 because with players like him that's were were fucking heading sadly!!
Strangely I remember him playing a part in getting us up. There's a rebuild needed but we can't get rid of every single player and don't need to either! Total over reaction baby with bath water toys out strop from some fans!

Strangely I remember him playing a part in getting us up. There's a rebuild needed but we can't get rid of every single player and don't need to either! Total over reaction baby with bath water toys out strop from some fans!
😟

I think his default was angry

Of course any mention of Darius is an excuse to trot out one of my own favourite stories for the umpteenth time.

One of my beloved's claims to fame is that she dated both Darius's dad and his uncle though not at the same time.

Always refers to him as "my almost son" and then gives a little sigh.

Simply just don’t like him, constantly injured, suspended or in trouble with the law. Also he’s actually not that good at his profession considering how much he’s cost us. How a lot of fans wanted him to be captain is beyond me.

Back
Top Bottom