McBrainless' contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I've said since he's been here, he's never going to be a footballer, he's very limited in what he can do, He works hard , I give him that, but ball control is average at best, to tnink some consider him vital to the team, just shows how poor we are, and once again I have to say, how poor Wilders signings were, and some want him back!

I've said since he's been here, he's never going to be a footballer, he's very limited in what he can do, He works hard , I give him that, but ball control is average at best, to tnink some consider him vital to the team, just shows how poor we are, and once again I have to say, how poor Wilders signings were, and some want him back!
Wilders signings pre PL were off the charts good to give this some balance.

Which makes the PL fuck ups all the more baffling to understand.

UTB

Wilder also signed Berge and many of our fanbase say yes doing well at Burnley now and how he's just bosses us etc. Ramsdale was a good signing, so was Foderinghan on a free, McBurnie and Berge were massively important in getting us back to the PL also so they've paid their transfer fee back. Mousset also was very impressed in the first season in the PL. It wasn't all bad. A few crap signings like Retsos were almost certainly not his signings. Brewster was the big mistake, the rest were mixed.

Wilder also signed Berge and many of our fanbase say yes doing well at Burnley now and how he's just bosses us etc. Ramsdale was a good signing, so was Foderinghan on a free, McBurnie and Berge were massively important in getting us back to the PL also so they've paid their transfer fee back. Mousset also was very impressed in the first season in the PL. It wasn't all bad. A few crap signings like Retsos were almost certainly not his signings. Brewster was the big mistake, the rest were mixed.
Rose tinted.

Very magnanimous of you !!

UTB

Just yet another crazy move from the club

It was only last week, so many people were saying how great he is and how he should be club captain.

Talk about fickle fans who make judgements based on 1 game.
Regards McBurnie, I'm a little on the fence, he's poor, quality wise but has that nuisance value that others don't have.
Apparently he's also good in the changing room, a character to have around the squad.

He's been one of our most effective players this season, just by being physical and trying but in a way that just shows how far we've fallen.

I probably would offer McBurnie a contract but only at the going rate. There's no way a PL club or even a decent Championship club will want him. His best option would be to hope that either Celtic or Rangers want him.

I'd be looking at other options and wouldn't be too disappointed if he decided not to sign.

It was only last week, so many people were saying how great he is and how he should be club captain.

Regards McBurnie, I'm a little on the fence.
I’m fickle and making judgements on 1 game? What the hell are you talking about?

I’ve never rated McB ever, truth be told I think he’s an absolute donkey who half the time couldn’t trap a bag of cement and 95% of his shots are scuffs. Useless… So there is my rating from his time here and not just the one game 👍

ive never rated mcburnie but weve definetly missed him this season when hes been out injured but saying that just about sums up the lack of quality in the squad which is totally down to abdullahs lack of financial backing for hecky it wouldnt bother me if he was released but having said that he could be useful again back in the championship

Absolutely brain-dead yesterday and not for the first time.

However, I'd definitely be giving him a new deal over losing him on a free and trusting our recruitment team to replace him.

He'll do well in the championship next season in my opinion.
Championship
2021/22 - 28 games 0 goals
2022/23 - 38 games 13 goals

He's bang average at best. Sorry, but for me it's time to go. His best days as a goal scorer were at Barnsley and Swansea and he has never even looked close to that, even alongside Ndiaye. He didn't even finish in the top ten goalscorers last season.

I'll be fuming if he gets another contract. He has been here for 5 seasons and contributed very little positively on a consistent basis over that time. He's more memorable for drink driving, attending Swansea games and winding up Cardiff fans, getting into scuffles with opposing fans, stupid red cards. He's a brainless idiot.

Like so many players we've signed over the last five years he's one I won't talk positively about when I look back in 10 years time.

Wilders signings pre PL were off the charts good to give this some balance.

Which makes the PL fuck ups all the more baffling to understand.

UTB
He had his share of duds before the PL.

Chris Hussey
James Wilson
Samir Carruthers
Caolan Lavery
James Hanson
Nathan Thomas
Ched Evans
Clayton Donaldson
Ben Heneghan
Ryan Leonard
Lee Evans
Ricky Holmes
James Wilson (the other one)
Kean Bryan
Conor Washington
Ben Woodburn
Scott Hogan
Gary Madine

Chris Hussey
James Wilson
Samir Carruthers
Caolan Lavery
James Hanson
Nathan Thomas
Ched Evans
Clayton Donaldson
Ben Heneghan
Ryan Leonard
Lee Evans
Ricky Holmes
Kean Bryan
Conor Washington
Ben Woodburn
Scott Hogan
Gary Madine
All of which will have cost the sum total of McBs pinky toe !!!

Point taken in that he didn’t get them all right.

UTB

Chris Hussey
James Wilson
Samir Carruthers
Caolan Lavery
James Hanson
Nathan Thomas
Ched Evans
Clayton Donaldson
Ben Heneghan
Ryan Leonard
Lee Evans
Ricky Holmes
Kean Bryan
Conor Washington
Ben Woodburn
Scott Hogan
Gary Madine
Donaldson Hanson and Madine was definitely not duds.

His goal scoring record at Championship level is below average at best. He's nothing more than a thug. Always has been, always will be. He's stolen a living from this club and I will be mightily pissed off if we give him a new deal. He can fuck off like the rest of them when his contract runs out. I'd say he's the biggest waste of money but Berge, Brewster and Mousset also fall into that category.
Berge, what a silly billy you are, he has been the best player in our club for years, get to optician lad.

Berge, what a silly billy you are, he has been the best player in our club for years, get to optician lad.
In the total 97 games he played for us, in how many of those did he stand out as our best player, in how many was he average at best, and in how many was he a completely invisible passenger where the game drifted past him and he didn't do anything positive? If you say he was our best player for more than 25% of those games then you're the one who needs glasses mate. No offence. Over the entire time he was here he was average at best overall with the occasional great game every now and then. Even last season he was average far more than he was good.

Sander was a player who we didn't need and never really suited our formation or tactics. He wasn't a defensive midfielder. He wasn't an out and out attacking midfielder. He wasn't a box to box midfielder. He wasn't a wide player, he wasn't a link up man. I still to this day don't know what his best role or position is, other than he's maybe best suited to a midfield four playing central.

He wouldn't make my top 25 of best ever Blades and he'll join a large group of players who will just be an after thought for me in 10 years. I was not upset when we sold him this summer.

In the total 97 games he played for us, in how many of those did he stand out as our best player, in how many was he average at best, and in how many was he a completely invisible passenger where the game drifted past him and he didn't do anything positive? If you say he was our best player for more than 25% of those games then you're the one who needs glasses mate. No offence. Over the entire time he was here he was average at best overall with the occasional great game every now and then. Even last season he was average far more than he was good.

Sander was a player who we didn't need and never really suited our formation or tactics. He wasn't a defensive midfielder. He wasn't an out and out attacking midfielder. He wasn't a box to box midfielder. He wasn't a wide player, he wasn't a link up man. I still to this day don't know what his best role or position is, other than he's maybe best suited to a midfield four playing central.

He wouldn't make my top 25 of best ever Blades and he'll join a large group of players who will just be an after thought for me in 10 years. I was not upset when we sold him this summer.
Sander is very much maligned and misunderstood in these ere parts.

Case in point as recently as 2 days ago.

Didn’t ACTUALLY do anything.

Unless of course you understood that he always showed for the ball, kept it simple, made intelligent decisions in terms of passing and movement and rarely lost possession of the ball. Everything our lot seem incapable of doing !

UTB

berge wouldnt make any difference to this side nidaye is the one we miss badly and the player that got us in to the premier league hes a very average premier league midfielder imo

Regards McBurnie, I'm a little on the fence, he's poor, quality wise but has that nuisance value that others don't have.
Apparently he's also good in the changing room, a character to have around the squad.

He's been one of our most effective players this season, just by being physical and trying but in a way that just shows how far we've fallen.

I probably would offer McBurnie a contract but only at the going rate. There's no way a PL club or even a decent Championship club will want him. His best option would be to hope that either Celtic or Rangers want him.

I'd be looking at other options and wouldn't be too disappointed if he decided not to sign.
I think plenty of championship squads will want him. Definitely worth having in our squad. As you say, hes a nuisance & one of our better players I think

I think plenty of championship squads will want him. Definitely worth having in our squad. As you say, hes a nuisance & one of our better players I think
Many Championship squads would happily pick him up on a free transfer. But let's say he still had two or three years left on his contract, do you see anyone in the Premier League or top end of the Championship coming in to buy him from us, even at a loss? I don't, which kind of answers the argument to that extent.

Back
Top Bottom