Outgoing? SANDER BERGE ON WAY OUT ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I agree with this although with a caveat, we buy one of the best young Playmakers/centre midfielders in Europe and stick him on the right wing.
True but he's had a few goes in the centre and had looked less effective.

My hope is that he sticks with us next season, fucking batters the championship to pieces and is still with us to build a reputation in 22/23. At the same time, a 23 year old Rhian Brewster starts the season having rattled nearly 30 goals in our promotion.

My hope is that he sticks with us next season, fucking batters the championship to pieces and is still with us to build a reputation in 22/23. At the same time, a 23 year old Rhian Brewster starts the season having rattled nearly 30 goals in our promotion.
i hope he stays but cant see it after what chris said last week i reckon his agent has already notified the club that he wants to move on but weve really got to be brave with this and ask for the maximum we can get for him

i hope he stays but cant see it after what chris said last week i reckon his agent has already notified the club that he wants to move on but weve really got to be brave with this and ask for the maximum we can get for him

If that’s the case, the answer to his agent should be a simple one; yes, he can leave if wants to, but his new club has to match our valuation.
(unless of course he has a release fee)

If that’s the case, the answer to his agent should be a simple one; yes, he can leave if wants to, but his new club has to match our valuation.
(unless of course he has a release fee)
thats the poser it wouldnt be a big suprise if a release fee is in the contract but i would hope weve set it at a minimum 25m mind if mcabe had still been here it probably would be 5m lol

Me too. But I'm hoping that Brewster will only be 22.😉

Rumours coming from Villa Park that Villa will not be signing Ross Barkley perm in summer. Smith been impressed with him last few games thats why started on bench other night and will not pay Chelsea asking fee and have got Berge lined up as a perm replacement for next season instead

Rumours coming from Villa Park that Villa will not be signing Ross Barkley perm in summer. Smith been impressed with him last few games thats why started on bench other night and will not pay Chelsea asking fee and have got Berge lined up as a perm replacement for next season instead
Given we’re 3 months out from the end of the season, and Berge hasn’t kicked a ball for a bit, I reckon rumours are likely to be pretty baseless at this point. Who knows where anyone will be come the end of May, certainly Smith?

Berge would be an odd replacement for Barkley given they play a 4-2-3-1 with Barkley as one of the 3 behind the striker Berge would play further back in the double pivot so he’d be replacing either McGinn or Luiz.

Hundred grand a week for Barkley
How can you compete with that ?
A squad player who should be at a mid table team

Also there’s a villa tax to stick on specially for clubs willing to pay silly money see the 50 million they were quoted for brooks in January.

Berge would be an odd replacement for Barkley given they play a 4-2-3-1 with Barkley as one of the 3 behind the striker Berge would play further back in the double pivot so he’d be replacing either McGinn or Luiz.
berge would be immense for us in the championship but just cant see him staying although i wouldnt sell for anything less than 25m

berge would be immense for us in the championship but just cant see him staying although i wouldnt sell for anything less than 25m
We’ll see I think there’s so much uncertainty about so much of the club this week that I honestly wouldn’t feel confident predicting anything now. It’s a shame I was reasonably optimistic about next year.

Read Roys view from ,the fans really dont like him.

We’ll see I think there’s so much uncertainty about so much of the club this week that I honestly wouldn’t feel confident predicting anything now. It’s a shame I was reasonably optimistic about next year.
yes me anall yogi but its looking like it could be 50-50 as to whether chris stays or goes having said that think its unreasonable for us to hold on to all our better players for next season its inevitable that 2 or 3 go i think

yes me anall yogi but its looking like it could be 50-50 as to whether chris stays or goes having said that think its unreasonable for us to hold on to all our better players for next season its inevitable that 2 or 3 go i think
I’d take 1 maybe 2 but anymore than that and we’re in full rebuild mode

Both Berge & O'connell have to prove there fitness before any big offer would come in for either.
I'm sure the prince wont sell on the cheap so I expect both to be here next August. The remaining games wont be enough to satisfy interested clubs on fitness so I reckon they will be in red and white shirts next season till at least xmas, in my opinion !!

I think to win promotion we’ll have to play far more open attacking football we need to score goals to win matches the type of football that we can’t play in the Premiership (for obvious reasons), McBernie may well flourish with more open play as could all of our players we need good quality young blood but that’s expensive and may be Berge has to go to fund new players.

We will have the parachute payments but that could be ear marked for wages some players may take a hit but our wage bill will still be far higher than when we were promoted 2019 season BUT we are in a far better financial position than most Championship teams, luckily we are getting Premiership TV money which is far more than crowd receipts so for once we have been a ‘little’ lucky.

Hopefully we can regain a place in the Premier League season after next but it’s not going to be easy Stoke have proved that.

UTB
I watched some of Cardiff and Huddersfield. When you consider Cardiff are in the play offs more or less, I watched 30 minutes of each team just booting it clear. Hardly nay interplay, passing to feet or anything.

As long as we don't sell the whole squad list, then we should be competitive.

I’d take 1 maybe 2 but anymore than that and we’re in full rebuild mode
havent the 3 relegated clubs from last season all just sold a couple of players ? and their all doing well and have every chance of going back up think if we do similar and make a few additions weve a great chance of top 6 at the very least next season

havent the 3 relegated clubs from last season all just sold a couple of players ? and their all doing well and have every chance of going back up think if we do similar and make a few additions weve a great chance of top 6 at the very least next season
The only one that I can’t think of doing that off the top of my head is Watford. Norwich sold 2 key players Godfrey who they replaced with Gibson and Lewis who they brought it a Spanish prospect to replace. Bournemouth have shipped out ramsdale, king, Wilson and Fraser and not adequately replaced them and that’s hurt them.

According to a report from The Telegraph today, Sander Berge could be sold by Sheffield United, although there is no prospect of a ‘fire-sale’.
In a lengthy and detailed report, The Telegraph claims that while there are divisions between Chris Wilder and the board, he has been assured of his position.
Further, it is also claimed that there will be no big sale of a number of key players, contrary to what some might be thinking outside of the club
But he is expected to fetch bids, with Aston Villa among the clubs already said to be keen on bringing Berge back to the Premier League.

The only one that I can’t think of doing that off the top of my head is Watford. Norwich sold 2 key players Godfrey who they replaced with Gibson and Lewis who they brought it a Spanish prospect to replace. Bournemouth have shipped out ramsdale, king, Wilson and Fraser and not adequately replaced them and that’s hurt them.
well to say bournemouth have sold 4 key players their not doing too bad think it shows how poor the championship is all 3 relegated clubs could come straight back up personally think berge and egan may be sold and lundstram will be off as well thank god but from being one of the least attractive clubs in the premier league we will be one of the top clubs in the championship that players will want to come to i think were nailed on for top 6 at the very least next season

well to say bournemouth have sold 4 key players their not doing too bad think it shows how poor the championship is all 3 relegated clubs could come straight back up personally think berge and egan may be sold and lundstram will be off as well thank god but from being one of the least attractive clubs in the premier league we will be one of the top clubs in the championship that players will want to come to i think were nailed on for top 6 at the very least next season
They’re doing ok but probably feel like they’re having a below par season and we should be aiming for better than that next year. I agree if the funds are available we should be a fairly attractive proposition recruitment wise.

Hundred grand a week for Barkley
How can you compete with that ?
A squad player who should be at a mid table team
Plus the fact that his club Chelsea want 35m+ for him sorry he's not worth that outlay, and I think Villa have also cottoned on to that.

Dont mind Berge going if we keep everyone else. End of the day every club who gets relegated sells some key players.

That’s bollocks, CW knows it’s bollocks, he’s setting the Board up to fail here. Everyone sells at least one asset upon relegation, that’s how it works. For all people talk of Norwich, they sold Godfrey and Lewis. As a result of this, they were able to keep Buendia, Pukki and Cantwell.

Lo and behold when Berge or JOC go, Wilder can blame the Board, saying it’s against ‘the plan’.

I’m all for CW, but this is a really difficult thing to say and he knows it.

That’s bollocks, CW knows it’s bollocks, he’s setting the Board up to fail here. Everyone sells at least one asset upon relegation, that’s how it works.

Lo and behold when Berge or JOC go, Wilder can blame the Board, saying it’s against ‘the plan’.

I’m all for CW, but this is a really difficult thing to say and he knows it.
Chris has also said Berge is likely to want to go if there’s interest and we’ll consider bids if they match our valuation. I don’t see how he’s setting anything up.

Back
Top Bottom