Souza vs Berge - A must

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

whilst ever norwood is being crow barred into the team it will continue to be lop sided and unbalanced
hamer should be starting there and possibly souza should be given a chance in the only position he looks suited to play

norwood is just not good enough but maybe its him who picks the team

I'm yet to figure out what Souza's strengths are to be honest. He doesn't seem aggressive enough to me, I would have thought if that was his game he'd have shown that more by now.

How's Berge doing at Burnley? I read from Kompany that he's doing well now but I also suspect that's Kompany trying to justify his signing also.

Berge will glide past Vinicius Susan like he‘s not there. Not seen our Suzie get close to another player all season.

Souza should be the defensive midfield shield in front of the centre halves. But he's repeatedly being pulled out of that position, like before Bournemouth's first goal:

View attachment 175483
View attachment 175486
* Notice him even keeping his eyes on "his" (backwards running) man, as they attack the space in front of our centre halves.

I can't tell if he's playing to instructions, or if he's just making bad decisions. In any case we have to do something about it. His position, role and instructions need to be clarified and simplified, and the whole midfield structure reorganised.

Thank you! I got dragged over the coals by a couple of posters for pointing out his terrible positioning for that goal, it's nice to see the forum's tactics man saw what I did.

Next game we are on tv after it's over I am going to rewatch just to focus on Souza as frankly I barely notice anything he does.

Souza should be the defensive midfield shield in front of the centre halves. But he's repeatedly being pulled out of that position, like before Bournemouth's first goal:

View attachment 175483
View attachment 175486
* Notice him even keeping his eyes on "his" (backwards running) man, as they attack the space in front of our centre halves.

I can't tell if he's playing to instructions, or if he's just making bad decisions. In any case we have to do something about it. His position, role and instructions need to be clarified and simplified, and the whole midfield structure reorganised.

This. ^^^ I’m certain he’s better than his performances. Last weekend, playing in the left of a midfield three, he was beyond clueless.

I’d like to see him told to sit in front of the centre halves and deal with anything that comes near him. Don’t leave your zone.

I think we can more readily play 4 at the back if Souza sits there, and lose reliance on our ropey wingbacks.

Wes
Baldock Anel Trusty JLT
Souza
McAtee Slimane Hamer Ozzie
McB

I think our midfield is nowhere near good enough to accommodate two strikers for 90 minutes. Tough on Archer but life’s a bitch isn’t it…

Such a shame folk can’t see what’s smacking them in the face.
Far too many prefer to see folk tear arsing about, smashing opponents and getting stuck in than someone using their brain and calmly and carefully controlling the ball and caressing it around the pitch.

One of the reasons this club is unlikely to shake off its reputation of workmanlike and long ball style of play, anyone who doesn’t fit into that is deemed a shirker/lightweight/going missing.

In the right team, played the right way to his many strengths and you will see what he can do consistently!
Then of course those same fans will about turn and declare his sale a disaster. (Which it was from the off)

Berge will steam roll Souza today physically.

We wanted a 6ft 5 ball playing centre midfielder to go round smashing into people. That’s the Sheffield in us we would rather see a tackle than a pass.

But Berge will relish playing against Souza today. Souza will do a slide tackle and some fans will say yeah that’s good he’s so physical.
Souza not fast enough to catch Berge

This. ^^^ I’m certain he’s better than his performances. Last weekend, playing in the left of a midfield three, he was beyond clueless.

I’d like to see him told to sit in front of the centre halves and deal with anything that comes near him. Don’t leave your zone.

I think we can more readily play 4 at the back if Souza sits there, and lose reliance on our ropey wingbacks.

Wes
Baldock Anel Trusty JLT
Souza
McAtee Slimane Hamer Ozzie
McB

I think our midfield is nowhere near good enough to accommodate two strikers for 90 minutes. Tough on Archer but life’s a bitch isn’t it…
thats pretty much my team except id also play hamer alongside souza and archer would be up top with mcb in the hole and possibly bogle wide where his lack of balls ,inteligence and composure wouldnt be as dangerous

thats pretty much my team except id also play hamer alongside souza and archer would be up top with mcb in the hole and possibly bogle wide where his lack of balls ,inteligence and composure wouldnt be as dangerous

I’d not argue with that. The midfield situation is such that it’s all an experiment.

Which is a great laugh for everyone involved at Premier League level…

Souza was not bought to play alongside Nogood. They get in each others way & Nogood causes confusion with his constant pointing and gesticulating. I'm not saying I'm convinced with Souza but any side needs only one deep midfielder & that's what he was bought for. Coincidently Souza has become gradually worse the more game time Nogood gets and giving him the Captains armband only makes things worse.

I'm not going to sit and slate Berge.... because when he was on form and waltzing his way past opposition players, he was an absolute pleasure to watch.... the only problem for me being that is didn't happen frequent enough.

Sander however in my opinion is nesh and it's quite easy to knock him off his game.

Cue Souza.... it doesnt take much physicality to knock a gangly Sander off his perch, but Souza has it in his abundance. I feel this is a key battle... stifle sander and he will fall apart.

That's apparently Fleck's job now

Back
Top Bottom