Reason for Sander’s exit

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No need to be abusive
I thought it (abusive) was the only “conversation” you were capable of Frank. I’m sure you can point to the odd post where you’re not looking for a fight with someone, but it’s never obvious 👍

I thought it (abusive) was the only “conversation” you were capable of Frank. I’m sure you can point to the odd post where you’re not looking for a fight with someone, but it’s never obvious 👍
Bit sensitive arent you ?

Not had a double decker for years. Don’t even see them in shops any more.

Always the chocolate left in the kids selection boxes at Xmas as they dont like them. I cant eat them anymore they give me mygraine.

Ah OK. Being thick is not something that I've suggested, or what I think. You were the one picking on a typo of glean and making a deal of it.
I suggest we move on.
No

Please cawy on

berge may well regret not signing another contract did he really believe the club were going to let him run down his contract and leave on a free after paying 22m for him that doesnt happen at the lane anymore think he was lured more by the name of the manager than the club in any case of the 2 illiman was far and away the bigger loss to the team having said that i think were stronger now with the players weve brought in

He wanted to go out down Canal Street with Erling regularly

Back on topic, there are fifteen million reasons (with a few more million contingent reasons) that Berge is now at Burnley. It would have been made very clear to him that we wanted him gone when we accepted the offer from Vincent Kompany's Burnley.

As an aside I wouldn't be at all surprised if we finish above Burnley, they're far too open and will concede pretty two in much every game. We just need to make sure we finish above two other sides.

Back on topic, there are fifteen million reasons (with a few more million contingent reasons) that Berge is now at Burnley. It would have been made very clear to him that we wanted him gone when we accepted the offer from Vincent Kompany's Burnley.

As an aside I wouldn't be at all surprised if we finish above Burnley, they're far too open and will concede pretty two in much every game. We just need to make sure we finish above two other sides.
kompany needs to change his tactics and quick otherwise he will be gone by mid october a bit negative but its looking already like the 3 promoted clubs will all finish in the bottom 4 this season its going to be a mini league in bottom 6 us burnley luton wolves everton and bournemouth has to be 3 from those 6 that go down

He just could not get on with the blades pigeons, he felt he was not in the top 10 pecking order, so I have heard, got into a flap about it.

And the club reportedly turned down several bids until we were happy with the fee received.

This would never happen under McCabe
The interview with Bettis backs this up. Sounds like Burnley were after him for a while and we were surprised they eventually matched our asking price. I liked Sander and think he could have done well playing with Souza alongside him to do the dirty work.

On the more pressing topic of double deckers, we have a never diminishing pile of these in the overseas food section of my local supermarket in Brisbane, so that's where they've all disappeared to.

The interview with Bettis backs this up. Sounds like Burnley were after him for a while and we were surprised they eventually matched our asking price. I liked Sander and think he could have done well playing with Souza alongside him to do the dirty work.

On the more pressing topic of double deckers, we have a never diminishing pile of these in the overseas food section of my local supermarket in Brisbane, so that's where they've all disappeared to.
There's also a few milling around the international food sections in the middle east too. Buying one might set you back 3 quid though, hence why they don't sell.

On your favourite subject again after how great brexit is

Remember when you said we wouldnt get ten million for him ?
He said that because Berge isn't worth anywhere near £10m, I know that, you know that and Burnleys fans now know that.

Always the chocolate left in the kids selection boxes at Xmas as they dont like them. I cant eat them anymore they give me mygraine.
This Christmas put all the double deckers in a tin and I'll collect then boxing day, there that's that problem sorted for you.

He was sold for 15 so looks like he was wrong and you and burnleys fans
It was hardly the miscalculation of the century. And claiming he was worth £10m is hardly an insult. For context, at the time, plenty of people were demanding that nothing less than the exit fee of £30m (from memory) should be accepted. I was nearer the mark.

Last edited:

It was hardly the miscalculation of the century. And claiming he was worth £10m is hardly an insult. For context, at the time, plenty of people were demanding that nothing less than the exit fee of £30m (from memory) should be accepted. I was nearer the mark.
You were nearer the mark because Berge had 1 year left on his deal. That comes with a significant impairment to the fee and given that Burnley slung us £15m plus add-ons I don't think it's unrealistic to suggest that he would have been valued at £25-30m with longer left on his contract.

We were also prevented from getting any bids over the last couple of seasons by untimely injuries: the hamstring in the PL (only a couple of appearances after 17th December) and the first Championship season (46 minutes played between 14th September and 9th January) and the knee injury last season (out 5th October to 9th December).

Back
Top Bottom