sander Berge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Berge had a decent season last season, would’ve thought that if he had any loyalty, like Ndiaye he/ they woukd’ve been offered or signed contract extensions with release clauses in case we didn’t get up last season. Neither wanted to sign new contracts so we had to make something back before they went for free. It’s that simple. Yes there were mistakes made by the club for a long time with contracts and yes it was shocking timing to do it so late in the summer… but they didn’t want to be with the club long term. So they had to go.

I wasn’t particularly disappointed to lose Berge, decent player but not our type of player for this division. Was far better than Championship level in a decent side. Better than Souza, but I prefer Hamer to be honest.

As for booing, lots of returning players get booed, fairly normal. They also get applauded, but the booing is supposed to be a hostile act to put them off their game. Not sure it works

As others have said, we should’ve done a physical job on him, he’d disappear if we did. Sadly Souza took 40 mins to get close to him and Berge embarrassed him for most of the game without really doing much more than drift about in a fairly small area. The surging runs he did for us weren’t that common place today.

I’d rather have players of lesser quality that want to be at the club for the future or at least play like they do. Sadly we have so few of those at the club without Berge anyway, so we’re not really further forward than 12 months ago.

I’d be surprised if Burnley scrape survival and im not sure there will be many after him in the summer as Burnley will want him next season

Berge had a decent season last season, would’ve thought that if he had any loyalty, like Ndiaye he/ they woukd’ve been offered or signed contract extensions with release clauses in case we didn’t get up last season. Neither wanted to sign new contracts so we chose to make something back before they went for free.

ftfy

Can't agree, he was average at best and lets be right we do our job in the first half we are 2 up instead of them.

Berge was sideways passing more than he has driving them forward. He won a header though so that's something. Unless he turned into Rodri or KBD in the last 15 minutes when I fucked off?
Surprised to read that - so much I decided to have a look at what Burnley fans thought.

Surprised to read that - so much I decided to have a look at what Burnley fans thought.

I really don't care what Burnley fans think considering their first two goals were a deflection and we could should have been 1 or 2 goals up ourselves, I have seen Sander enough over the years to form an opinion of him.

Berge is very good at some stuff and poor at other things. I was more impressed with Hamer today than Berge.

we gave him the freedom of bramall lane because souza is doing a lundstrum and has downed tools he should never be allowed to put the shirt on again but hes not on his own add mcburnie trusty anel and that complete joke of a keeper weve got between the sticks all 4 should be booted out of the club and quick
Abso-fookin-lutely.

Based on what i saw last night our Under 12's would put up a much better fight!! I'm only half joking...

I really don't care what Burnley fans think considering their first two goals were a deflection and we could should have been 1 or 2 goals up ourselves, I have seen Sander enough over the years to form an opinion of him.

Berge is very good at some stuff and poor at other things. I was more impressed with Hamer today than Berge.
Guessing you'd rather see Ben osborn run around Like a headless chicken?. Berge was a quality player that our fans never appreciated.

For those who love stats some interesting ones from this season.

Hamer leads by LOADS for goal involvements. He also has superior progressive runs and shooting. Very poor pass completion%, passes and defensive actions.

Berge far superior for pass completion, passes made, progressive passes, touches, progressive carries and defensive actions. Poor goal involvements & shooting.

Doyle despite much less game time (almost 1/3 of hamer) he has more completed passes than Hamer, a much better completion % and similar amount of defensive contributions. Far less goal involvements than hamer who has pretty good stats for his offensive contributions.

I know they play slightly different positions and in teams with different styles but interesting to see. It shows how off our recruitment has been. Hamer has great attributes (offensively) but he clearly hasn’t been the midfield replacement for either doyle or berge that we needed and still need.
I’d have liked to see Berge play with Hamer, and Doyle, not expect him to replace the pair of them

There was a passage of play where McBurnie bounced off him, then little Ben just got shrugged aside and he came away with the ball. Even though our perception of him was that he was soft as shit he’s still much more athletic than some of the wasters we’ve got in our current squad.

I know why we sold him and I know why he left, it’s a poor state of affairs when Burnley is seen as a move up in the world for our players.

Did you actually watch the game? He played several incisive passes in behind the full back to send them away. I get you don't rate him but your dislike has blinded you today.
Whereas none of our midfielders played any passes inside their defenders for our guys to run onto - we played the entire game in front of their defence , hardly ever making their defenders turn - when the fuck are we gonna learn that you can't attack by having the recipient of the pass having as defender marking him - it's like we play feckin walking football - never seen such slow impotent attacks - rubbish

I know the direct Berge replacement was Hamer who I think has been good this year despite our shite season…

But Jesus Christ how much better did Berge look than fucking Souza today?!?!

The fella wants to play for Brazil 🤣🤣🤣

Anyone booing Berge needs their ticket taking off them. He didn't want to leave last summer and certainly not for Burnley but as he wouldn't sign a new deal it was made clear to him that he should leave. United made that decision, not Berge.

He'll get a polite clap from me. He's a lovely player to watch when he's on it and he's clearly a nice lad but he's too passive to ever make the most of his talent. Shame. That said, someone will take a punt on him this summer and he'll stay in the top flight.
Not wanting to sign a new deal says to me he does want to leave? I didn't boo him because I boo no one but I weren't ever a fan anyway.

See you next season Sander.

Berge was the best footballer on the pitch today. Gave the ball away once in 90 minutes. Bodied Mcburnie off it twice and beat him in the air twice. Each to their own but I was disappointed to hear the booing by the neanderthals. The club got rid of him and he's been a big miss. Hamer was a bit better today but not on Berge’s level.
He didn't want to sign a new deal.. I say well done United on cashing in on the '1 good game outta 5' Berge.

Berge was realy good on Saturday, he was up for it, and the booing probably spurred him on further. But we all seen what he's like- you get 1 game out of 5 like this.

At the money we paid we were expecting far far more than we got.

When we sold Berge it was 'Meh' - when we sold Ili that was a different kettle of fish, Berge was overall a 5 Ili was a straight 10 and it was heartbreak when he went.

He might still be a PL player next season.

If Burnley can eke out one more point due to their goal difference then they just need us to turn up against those who should have had a stadium ban. Every chance Forest can lose both remaining home games (City, Chelsea).

We do that and it could be all on the last game.

And I would love a good pitch invasion from the home side if that happens!

Back
Top Bottom