Berge season over

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Did you know Berge’s dad was a professional basketball player in Norway?

Makes you think.

When we signed him we did genuinely sign an exciting prospect from Europe.

He was at that point way ahead of Haaland in his progress.

Truth be told he took a while to get to grips with th English game. We saw his best pl performance for him when the doors shut. And then he got injured winter 2020 for the season.

And that's been a bit of an issue for him. He has been better but it does seem at best he can manage 2/3rds or a season. Last season we got lucky that he picked up injury just before the WC break. So his 8 weeks out was more like 4.

I do think he's a genuine guy. I genuinely think had we done better last summer with recruitment he may have accepted our offer. But in the long run Hamer may well prove to be the better of the two.
Albeit he's been very mixed this season and there is alot to be said for continuity within a squad and what Berge would have brought.

In before someone posts the Thatcher “Rejoice at that news” GIF

Absolute bullshit, sorry. Berge is 3 years older than Haaland for a start and while they both moved in January 2020 only one of them caused a bit of a stir by signing for Dortmund who were seen as a team below his ability. The other signed for Sheffield United.

At 19, Berge moved to Genk; Haaland moved to Dortmund. At 21, Berge moved to United; Haaland moved to Manchester City.

I miss Sander but let's not be silly.

Another one who is/was only fit for half the games in a season.

He seems to be liked by the Burnley fans but his Darren Anderton-esque approach to match fitness will hamper him.

Was it his thigh muscle he ripped when he was with us, that saw him sidelined for months?

Wonder if his current injury is related? Hope it’s nothing serious don’t want to miss out on our sell on clause pay out when Liverpool make their move 😉

Absolute bullshit, sorry. Berge is 3 years older than Haaland for a start and while they both moved in January 2020 only one of them caused a bit of a stir by signing for Dortmund who were seen as a team below his ability. The other signed for Sheffield United.

At 19, Berge moved to Genk; Haaland moved to Dortmund. At 21, Berge moved to United; Haaland moved to Manchester City.

Haaland had also (in 2020) just won the Golden Boy award (literally European Young Player of the Year) and scored 6 in 6 for Norway, having signed for Dortmund after averaging more than a goal a game for Red Bull Salzburg, and scored 9 in a game at the U20s World Cup. Came from nowhere the lad, whilst scouts could only talk about Berge and Slimane.

Another thread ruined by facts…….

These people believe these claims and you come in trampling all over their opinions with things such as dates, ages and names of football clubs involved etc. Is it really necessary?

Some interesting stuff on the Ovetlap about Haaland. Solskjaer claims he recommended Haaland to Man Utd three or four times. When he arrived at Man United, when he became caretaker manager, and again as manager. You'd presume he'd know the details of these things given his history with Haaland. 20 million euros 🤣. Starts around 31 minutes in:

Last edited:
Reactions: Dkc

Truth be told he took a while to get to grips with th English game. We saw his best pl performance for him when the doors shut. And then he got injured winter 2020 for the season.

And that's been a bit of an issue for him. He has been better but it does seem at best he can manage 2/3rds or a season. Last season we got lucky that he picked up injury just before the WC break. So his 8 weeks out was more like 4.

I do think he's a genuine guy. I genuinely think had we done better last summer with recruitment he may have accepted our offer. But in the long run Hamer may well prove to be the better of the two.
Albeit he's been very mixed this season and there is alot to be said for continuity within a squad and what Berge would have brought.

🤣 Giver over, wasn't Haaland tearing up the Bundesliga with Dortmund before joining City?

🤣 Giver over, wasn't Haaland tearing up the Bundesliga with Dortmund before joining City?

He signed for Dortmund in the same window Berge signed for United (Jan 2020). The time to get him was at Molde or in that window (it would obviously have been difficult to tempt him to the Blades over Dortmund).

Back
Top Bottom