Outgoing? SANDER BERGE ON WAY OUT ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

might just be speculation but just wonder if chris might sell him in january to raise capital to bring 2 or 3 players in hes done it before

If we sell Sander i'd expect minimum £40m plus a very nice add ons package (20% sell on fee etc...)

Plus the sale of Lunny...And i'd be up for this, but only if we spent the money on getting decent players in, with half an eye on making a brilliant Championship squad.

For example, we could look at Jake Cooper (LCB already proven at Championship and could make it at EPL level - would £10m get him?), Besic (we know him and he knows us, cheap mobile DMC who could drop in for Sander), Jack Cork as mentioned previously would provide midfield reinforcement. And then look to get hands on a nice new attacking RCM/CAM... all with some spare change left over.

Last edited:
Would be happy to see him go if it enables us to sign an attacking midfielder and a LCB

He's not going to stick around next season. Look after the club, make sure the offer's a good one & use the money to help pay off the stadium debt.

If we sell Sander i'd expect minimum £40m plus a very nice add ons package (20% sell on fee etc...)

Plus the sale of Lunny...And i'd be up for this, but only if we spent the money on getting decent players in, with half an eye on making a brilliant Championship squad.

For example, we could look at Jake Cooper (LCB already proven at Championship and could make it at EPL level - would £10m get him?), Besic (we know him and he knows us, cheap mobile DMC who could drop in for Sander), Jack Cork as mentioned previously would provide midfield reinforcement. And then look to get hands on a nice new attacking RCM/CAM... all with some spare change left over.
yeah will be interesting to see which new faces would be brought in if we do end up in the championship i would expect egan o connell berge and maybe fleck to want to stay in the prem so probably would be sold and hopefully get back to our old attacking system got to be better than watching this negative set up were playing now just hope the prince keeps faith with chris and gives him a chance to get us back up if the worst happens

It wouldn’t break my heart if he left tomorrow for anywhere near the money we paid for him .

For all the excitable talk on here about his ‘sheer class’ and ‘undoubted quality’ , the reality is that his overall impact on our performances has been minimal at best .

I’ve even seen some comparing him to Tony Currie . Yes , that would be in the same way that Barry Bannan can be compared to Jimmy Hagan .

Last edited:

It wouldn’t break my heart if he left tomorrow for anywhere near the money we paid for him .

For all the excitable talk on here about his ‘sheer class’ and ‘undoubted quality’ , the reality is that his overall impact on our performances has been minimal at best .

I’ve even seen some comparing him to Tony Currie . Yes , that would be in the same way that Barry Bannan can be compared to Jimmy Hagan .
Totally different style of midfielder. Berge is less of the awe inspiring playmaker and catalyst and more of a conventional modern “line breaking” defensive midfielder. Funnily enough a position our old (pre-lundstram) entertaining system didn't use. Berge will go on to be a superstar name playing in a pivot for a top european club at some point. But oh what I would give for a top class entertaining playmaker to be purchased and placed behind the front two. ⚔️

I've always thought Sander was here for a good time not a long time.

He's one of those players like Mascherano that will do a very good job in a good team. I'm not quite convinced he's the match winner we need at the moment.

He is a good age and has not added PL experience so you'd have to be looking at 30-50m sort of bracket for him.

Problem is, we sell and I’m not sure I trust our recruitment team to replace with 3 signings that’d improve us.
We’d sell Sander for 30 million, then every club we’re trying to buy from will want a piece. We’ll then not sign anyone on account of “not wanting to be ripped off” or “when the values not right we walk away”. The similar kind of naivety that saw us walk away from a Maupay type deal then hand over 20 million for Brewster and McBurnie.

He will be top quality in a good team with quality around him, right now he is playing out of position in a team lacking and it shows
Weve playd him in 'his position' he was rubbish in it and we lost every game he played there. I dont get the hype ,the clues in the article ,the Blades have struggled since he came.

might just be speculation but just wonder if chris might sell him in january to raise capital to bring 2 or 3 players in hes done it before
Chris might have to sell him in January because his value will be higher, next season in the Championship we won't get as much as is value will have gone down.

He's currently one of our top performers but I have to agree that his position isn't a priority anymore.

I really really want to build our team around him for years to come but if we go down I think he will be off anyway.

Berge's private life behaviour is much better for a start 🙂

Big question, who the hell would you replace him with? Lunny/Norwood/Osborn? Not for me - all proved themselves not to be quite good enough this year. Ampadu maybe, but we might need him at the back the way things are going.

Who's going to want to join us in January that can improve us if we're as good as down? You can forget any top-end Championship players if there's a chance of promotion so you're left looking for scraps or an expensive loan. Bringing an unknown in from the continent is a risk as they'll likely need a month or two to get up to speed.

Guess there's always Barry Bannan...

I just don't see that selling him is a good idea.

Weve playd him in 'his position' he was rubbish in it and we lost every game he played there. I dont get the hype ,the clues in the article ,the Blades have struggled since he came.

Correlation does not imply causation. Lunny's form had dropped off prior to Berge coming in, as had the rest of the midfield.

Meanwhile, Berge has been our best player this season despite playing in a team with fuck all confidence and rhythm. I see nothing that he does that hinders the team. When he gets the ball, he rarely gives it away or misplaces a pass. He's often in the final third of the pitch when needed. And he puts his foot in too.

He is literally the only player this season who has increased his value and the proof of his value will come when other clubs come in for him assuming we go down. Should we go down, and should we sell him, I think we'll watch with envy when he ends playing for a Champions League side in coming years.

I don't dispute that he has been our best player this season but I would be prepared to let him go if we could strengthen the team in the areas we are well short in. To be honest I feel that he is probably the only one we could get decent money for.
Obviously I realise that we would have a Sander Berge thread similar to the DCL and Che Adams ones every time he plays well.

Was he?? Or was it more the players around him negated what he was in there for ??

Back
Top Bottom