sander Berge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Pottedmeattoes

Reaction score
watched 85 minutes of the most ineffective performance by a player ever,hang your head in shame SANDER.

watched 85 minutes of the most ineffective performance by a player ever,hang your head in shame SANDER.
I can't deny a bit of a feeling of schadenfreude but it's a shame to see a player that you know has capability not perform as they should.

I can't deny a bit of a feeling of schadenfreude but it's a shame to see a player that you know has capability not perform as they should.

That is Sander though. You get a performance from him in 2 or 3 matches out of 10.

He says he doesn't like to play in among the chaos but sometimes a midfielder of his size should make his presence felt in midfield. Even at PL you need to be using your strength and height much more effectively.

Yes some do, including me. Because he was.

🤷

Interestingly, fans of Burnley say he has been one of their best players this season. Roygbiv will confirm this I'm sure. Although that's not saying much as they are nearly as bad as us!
A Burnley season ticket holder told me he wished they signed Souza instead of Berge

Was a good player for us. I think those who didn’t like him didn’t appreciate what he brings ti the table, composure, possession, progressive runs and passes.

At burnley he is statistically performing well. Better than Brownhill in a few areas and his stats are a lot better than most our midfield.

Was a good player for us. I think those who didn’t like him didn’t appreciate what he brings ti the table, composure, possession, progressive runs and passes.

At burnley he is statistically performing well. Better than Brownhill in a few areas and his stats are a lot better than most our midfield.
Don't forget all the 'invisible' work he does.

Don't forget all the 'invisible' work he does.

He's not Dean Hammond though.

The sheer amount of invisible work that he did was incredible. Paul Thirlwell was another who did an enormous amount of invisible work too. Trojans both and each a 'managers player'

That was just code for total bollocks from the manager who was trying to say they could see things that any more football fan couldn't. Arrogance and stupidity. I think my dog knew more about football than Nigel Adkins (who olwas one who came out with the old 'invisible work' shite) who was nothing more than a wannabe corporate motivational speaker. Sounded great but when you actually listened to the what he was trying to say it soon became apparent he was talking total horse shit.

Berge:
Goals 1
Assists 1
Shots 16
Shots on target 3
Passes attempted 866
Passes completed 85.2%
Progressive passes 76
Progressive carries 29
Progressive runs 20
Tackles 48
Interceptions 18
Headers won 50
Blocks 35

Souza:
Goals 1
Assists 0
Shots 10
Shots on target 4
Passes attempted 779
Passes completed 79.6%
Progressive passes 52
Progressive carries 6
Progressive runs 15
Tackles 98
Interceptions 27
Headers won 54
Blocks 39

So berge is head and shoulders above souza for progressive actions and possesion based stats.

Souza has way more tackles and interceptions.

Both similar on goals, assists, blocks and headers. Overal Berge i would say has more influence on a game.

Yes some do, including me. Because he was.

🤷

Interestingly, fans of Burnley say he has been one of their best players this season. Roygbiv will confirm this I'm sure. Although that's not saying much as they are nearly as bad as us!

Thread on him today. Seems like he will win their player of the season award looking at other comments too.

Berge:
Goals 1
Assists 1
Shots 16
Shots on target 3
Passes attempted 866
Passes completed 85.2%
Progressive passes 76
Progressive carries 29
Progressive runs 20
Tackles 48
Interceptions 18
Headers won 50
Blocks 35

Souza:
Goals 1
Assists 0
Shots 10
Shots on target 4
Passes attempted 779
Passes completed 79.6%
Progressive passes 52
Progressive carries 6
Progressive runs 15
Tackles 98
Interceptions 27
Headers won 54
Blocks 39

So berge is head and shoulders above souza for progressive actions and possesion based stats.

Both similar on goals, assists, blocks and headers. Overal Berge i would say has more influence on a game.
These stats show that both players are wank!

Berge:
Goals 1
Assists 1
Shots 16
Shots on target 3
Passes attempted 866
Passes completed 85.2%
Progressive passes 76
Progressive carries 29
Progressive runs 20
Tackles 48
Interceptions 18
Headers won 50
Blocks 35

Souza:
Goals 1
Assists 0
Shots 10
Shots on target 4
Passes attempted 779
Passes completed 79.6%
Progressive passes 52
Progressive carries 6
Progressive runs 15
Tackles 98
Interceptions 27
Headers won 54
Blocks 39

But is that a game where you have a lot of possession or a little?

All it says to me is that for the metrics going forwards Berge is better, for the more defensive side, Souza is.

I’d prefer Souza for the role we want though I woundn’t have minded seeing Berge to the right of Souza. Cake, eat it and all that!

The problem with Berge is that we thought we were getting a midfield colossus like Viera or Desailly who could also replace Norwoods' ping. Sadly, no-one told us that he was nesh, slow, undisciplined (lazy) and struggled to leave the ground when trying to head the ball. Occasionally, he would bring the ball forward like Lothar Mattheus, but more often not, the game passed him by. I would take Vini over him any day at this level, as he at least knows how to tackle, track back and head the ball. However, neither are really Premier League quality midfielders, and I'm pretty sure that neither will be snapped up after relegation.

The problem with Berge is that we thought we were getting a midfield colossus like Viera or Desailly who could also replace Norwoods' ping. Sadly, no-one told us that he was nesh, slow, undisciplined (lazy) and struggled to leave the ground when trying to head the ball. Occasionally, he would bring the ball forward like Lothar Mattheus, but more often not, the game passed him by. I would take Vini over him any day at this level, as he at least knows how to tackle, track back and head the ball. However, neither are really Premier League quality midfielders, and I'm pretty sure that neither will be snapped up after relegation.

Top 3 in terms of progressive carries in the Championship the year we went up. Best in the Championship that year for dribbling into the box.

Berge and Ndiaye got us up the pitch, we need to improve this next season.

Luxury player IMO. Would be absolutely useless to us next season even if he signed a new contract, don't need anymore cluttering up the treatment room only putting a shift in when they can be arsed.

How you've managed to get so much stuff wrong in one post is incredible

Top 3 in terms of progressive carries in the Championship the year we went up. Best in the Championship that year for dribbling into the box.

Berge and Ndiaye got us up the pitch, we need to improve this next season.
Not disagreeing. He would have been fuck all use this season (insert joke here) and then out of contract.

Berge's one who I always wanted to come good, and by that I mean consistently good. On occasion he was a Rolls Royce footballer for us, a joy to watch, but too many games just passed him by. Some say that's laziness, and I can see why but I don't think he ever deliberately hid. I just think he's one of those players who's a big lad, has vision and a good touch but has too little heart to ever be top level. I don't think the Premier League suits him at all, way too quick and it doesn't suit his slow, languid style and in England, he'll never be more than a Championship luxury player.

I know there were many tears shed when we sold him but can you imagine the shit he'd have been getting had he been strutting his stuff with the current squad? We needed a Doyle, not a Berge so thanks for a few fleeting memories Sander, Palace away being one of them but the rest? Way too few and far between.

Souza will be way more influential in our rebuild, Berge would just be Berge.

UTBFTP 👊👊👊

Apparently did a Cruyff turn against Liverpool for his Belgian team. Done fuck all since but still people giving him a chance. Nice lad though.

I didn't really see much of their game today, or most of their season. Are they still playing him deep when he's clearly best pressing in the final 1/3rd or gliding in space on the counter? Never a dcm.

Back
Top Bottom