The Sheff United Way - Thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Stadium announcer for Sheffield United Gary Sinclair shares stories of his favourite United games, behind the scenes insight, best (and worst) managers he's seen pass through the doors and much more!

YouTube and audio podcast available!

You can listen anywhere you get podcasts just search 'Sheff United Way' or direct links:

Spotify spoti.fi/2Wus1Hi
Apple apple.co/3DjI4IJ

Enjoyed that interview, thanks.

I've got a lot of time for Gary Sinclair. Makes most other stadium announcers sound dull as fuck by comparison.

Naturally, he gets slagged off quite often by many of the supporters for no good reason, as inevitably everybody does who's from Sheffield and involved with United, because we have a plurality of cunts.

Stadium announcer for Sheffield United Gary Sinclair shares stories of his favourite United games, behind the scenes insight, best (and worst) managers he's seen pass through the doors and much more!

YouTube and audio podcast available!

You can listen anywhere you get podcasts just search 'Sheff United Way' or direct links:

Spotify spoti.fi/2Wus1Hi
Apple apple.co/3DjI4IJ

Good bloke. I met him last year when we played Maggie Mays.

Don't suppose you asked him what the fuck he's done with our version of 'Hecky, Jack and Stuart McCall' I sent him?

I spent quite along time finishing that fucker, sent it him, and heard nowt.

pommpey

He might be a nice bloke, but for me he'll always be a twat for playing 'Tom Hark' whenever we scored a goal.

Actually, bringing it back might not be such a bad idea given the half-hearted goal celebrations we see nowadays

He might be a nice bloke, but for me he'll always be a twat for playing 'Tom Hark' whenever we scored a goal.

Actually, bringing it back might not be such a bad idea given the half-hearted goal celebrations we see nowadays

Nowt wrong with Tom Hark. Yeah, it was cheesy, but it instantly reminds me of the Triple Assault season, and what a bloody fun season that was.

Contradicted thisen there feller

You can't say 'he's a cunt for playing it' then say 'we should have it back'. And you're right, there's noise for the best part of thirty seconds after we score then everyone goes back to their phones.

At the time, we were amongst the first to play it and the crowd loved it. Loads of other daft-lad fans from other clubs were asking 'wots that song'?

To which the response from me was predictably scatological

pommpey

Thanks Hal,
Good interview. Takes about 10 minutes for him to get into his stride, but I recommend persevering as he has some great stories & insights.
He's a top bloke and a blade through and through.

Probably the most interesting guest you could have had, enjoyed it more than player interviews.
He's a walking historian of the club with so many stories, so much enthusiasm for the club too.

Also as mentioned....great job by Hal and Nick.....keep saying this...but you're both so professional with likable, confident (but not arrogant) personalities.
Think Ant and Dec need to watch their backs.....you 2 would be good replacements.

Didn't had a bad word to say about anyone and seems to have been genuinely well liked through all those who he had a chance to connect with.

Nice touch on Western Park too.

Well done lads.

Enjoyed that thanks you two!

Because most players aren't here for over 30 solid years whereas Gary has been he must have thousands more stories he could tell, we could have him on again in the future perhaps?

Great interview and he seems such a nice guy. Sad to hear he will be retiring. It won't be the same without him!

Really enjoyed that he's a lane legend himself . Top interview hall and nick your getting better ;) Maybe get him on after he's retired for the juicy bits he cant say at the moment

He‘s a very good stadium announcer, just remember what’s it like on days when he's been off sick or away that “other bloke“ fills him for him you know the one, the one who sounds like he won a raffle to do the P.A. for an afternoon.

n.b this is just praise for his Stadium announcement work and is no way an endorsement of his taste in music or for Maggie Mays (other Grab a Granny clubs are available)

Doesn't see, like 2 minutes since he took over from Dave Kilner.

Was going to ask, is GS the stadium announcer on FIFA? Playing Fifa 22, and it does sound a lot like him

He is definitely the voice of match days and it won't be the same without him. Wish he would not play the same tunes endlessly for decades though. "Meet her at the love parade" is getting a bit thin by this point

There is a comment in the interview about his retirement which I assume is now imminent.

Big shoes to fill, it’s not an easy job and as others have said it’s going to be a difficult job to replace him.

Back
Top Bottom