The Sheff United Way - Thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not enough 'kidney punching' referencing for me in that little chat but enjoyed it none the less.
Surprised the 'pre and post Bouncing Day Massacre View Froms' didn't get a mention as particular highlights of Roy's great work over the years. They just never get old or outdated, and always give a lovely warm glow when revisited 🥳.
Would read again!
utb
And a few pre-season ones from the oinkers about us, summarised roughly as follows:-

2017/18 We wouldn't cope with La Liga, going straight back down again
2018/19 2nd season syndrome, going down
2019/20 We wouldn't cope with the EPL, going straight back down
2020/21 All records deleted

Everyone's favourite 'view from' gatherer, podcaster and all round entertainer Roygbiv joins me to chat on the Sheff United Way. Also available as audio

Irresistible force meets immovable object 😏

Like what you say about the ‘Dad moment’.

I recall Leicester away 2-5. “Make the most of this son. You’ve got a lot of pain and punishment to come!”

Words that have stuck with me and of course have been profoundly true!

Interesting you were in Canada for the 2-4.

I was in New York with work. Watched it beneath the Empire State Building with a Blade I’d never met before and his girlfriend. I like how football allows you to hug complete strangers with no recriminations! There were 4 Pigs in there too which made it even better!

Great listen.

Funny how you read into things on here. I thought the ROYGBIV name came from Roy's son's homework, and that a poster on here latched onto a comment from an oppo team supporter that called Roy a weirdo and then translated it into Spanish!

Kinell, I dread to think how much other stuff I've misinterpreted/ill-judged.
Specific apologies to The Crab for dissing Crab industries products and service levels.
I'm obviously far too picky and too quick to judge people, so rather than a refund for my latest purchase of a high-end range cooker, maybe just send a manual if you have one, so I can work out for myself how to get the hobs to warm up.
I can't remember the model number, but here's a pic to help identify which one it is for.

1674045403060.jpeg

I thought you'd never ask 😉

Channel members get access a full week before anyone else, it helps support the channel and our running costs.

For anyone wishing to stop being a freeloader and become a member?
👉https://t.co/Y8L0Jbeqxa
Maybe us er "freeloaders" should just stop watching seeing as we don't seem to be worthy in your eyes?

Maybe us er "freeloaders" should just stop watching seeing as we don't seem to be worthy in your eyes?
I heard Mike Bubbins try this approach on 'the socially distant sports bar', a bold move, I thought, it was quite funny and it's just a joke. I don't really feel that way at all.
I'd always say watch or listen to our stuff if a title interests you and don't if it doesn't. I'd love feedback on what people would like to see more of/less of/new stuff altogether.
UTB ⚔
On a separate note I've now got 9 members in the Cypriot Blades Supporters Group! Chuffed.

He was right, his throw isn't as long as it used to be.

On a serious note that was a great interview. Seems a nice lad as well, shame about the mrs but he won't be short of options going forward.

Back
Top Bottom