Prince on Sheff United Way

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He made specific comments about difficult decisions being made when players were not signing contracts.

Surely this is absolutely the outcome in line with that comment? It may seem sudden, divisive, even radical but anyone listening would have understood he had an issue with players of value not signing and that difficult decisions may have to be made.

He also made sensible comments on avoiding an aging squad. So expect extensions of players over 30 tl be carefully managed.

If he'd said we absolutely won't be selling any players then fine. But he didn't.

If I've learned anything from the Wilder affair, it's that losing your shit early on isn't worth it especially until more facts emerge.

This one is far easier to evaluate. We look at the squad on 2 September. They club have either then got a squad that is numerically sound and competitive or they haven't. If the latter then we can bleat away within reason; those expecting unrealistic signings will be disappointed.

But for now, I'm keeping my powder dry until I've seen the conclusion of the incomings.
Listening to Paul I’m not sure he shares your patience with the current situation

I said on promotion if they won’t sign then sell them and replace them now however I did think there would be more in the kitty to start with!

Selling our best players this late in the window with no guaranteed replacements is a crime. There is no doubt this window has been a shit show of epic proportions no matter what happens in the next few weeks and may have already consigned us to relegation before we even kick a ball

Admin note: Infraction given for personal abuse
What a load of bollocks.

They’re not walking out on us, they’re being sold. From an already depleted squad that is in no way fit to start a premier league campaign.

Oooh it’s only football, it’s not even real life. Like that’s an excuse for running a football club that should be thriving into the ground.

Madness.

So you talk about him making millions from us then you say he's running us into the ground. Which one is you fucking muppet?

So you talk about him making millions from us then you say he's running us into the ground. Which one is you fucking muppet?
Both of those are very much applicable and can co-exist (I’ll give you a hint, all of our squad’s contracts are running out and we have sold 2 of our most valuable assets)

I’m sure you can figure it out. Go on, use your brain, just try and engage it for once.

I'll be honest and say I listened to the Prince's interview as it was straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak. He came across as a bit panicky to me, losing Illiman was obviously a shock, and Berge going would send out a bad message but he promised signings and I've no cause to doubt him. I'm concerned how many are in the last year of their contract but that's up to the club to sort.

I never look at The Star, don't listen to Radio Sheffield and don't shit the bed over rumours. I believe we've signed players when I see them wearing the shirt and same the other way. It's football, things happen, we're fans who either enjoy watching the club or get some sadistic pleasure from non stop bitching about it.

You're seeming to suggest that you either dance along to the company line, or you're a total moaner who love seeing the club in pain - theres just a little bit of grey area between that chasm.

Also, I don't understand why we would want him to avoid media sources because they were mean to him. There's nothing wrong with somebody being put under pressure or asked hard questions/ and follow ups (which perhaps SUW were light on), whats the issue? It helps us make informed decisions/ stances

You're seeming to suggest that you either dance along to the company line, or you're a total moaner who love seeing the club in pain - theres just a little bit of grey area between that chasm.

Also, I don't understand why we would want him to avoid media sources because they were mean to him. There's nothing wrong with somebody being put under pressure or asked hard questions/ and follow ups (which perhaps SUW were light on), whats the issue? It helps us make informed decisions/ stances

Nope, just saying that I listened to what he said and as usual, thought most of what he said made sense. Not sure I trust any media sources to quote him verbatim so like I said, I'd rather see and hear the words coming out of his mouth.

As to the 'moaner' comment come on, look how het up grown men are getting over this shit. Either get behind the players Saturday, see what the new season brings or sorry to say this, fuck off to S6.

Both of those are very much applicable and can co-exist (I’ll give you a hint, all of our squad’s contracts are running out and we have sold 2 of our most valuable assets)

I’m sure you can figure it out. Go on, use your brain, just try and engage it for once.

The last thing I'd want or need to do going back and forth with you is engage my brain. Anyhow, shouldn't you be making plaques and banners ready for your shoes off protest Saturday?

The last thing I'd want or need to do going back and forth with you is engage my brain. Anyhow, shouldn't you be making plaques and banners ready for your shoes off protest Saturday?
Deflection, as I suspected was coming

Nope, just saying that I listened to what he said and as usual, thought most of what he said made sense. Not sure I trust any media sources to quote him verbatim so like I said, I'd rather see and hear the words coming out of his mouth.

As to the 'moaner' comment come on, look how het up grown men are getting over this shit. Either get behind the players Saturday, see what the new season brings or sorry to say this, fuck off to S6.

I hear you about misquotes, but then Staton did say they'd do a live one. I've no great love for RS at all, just in any walk of life, I don't like people in power cherry-picking their medium and interviewers. It tells it's own story to me.

I'm sure everybody will get behind the players, whatever their thoughts on how the club is being run. It's definitely not the players' fault, and they deserve all the support I'm sure they'll get. As soon as it kicks off, all blades are desperate for the 3 points. The team and the owners are two separate things, you can support one without the other.

I see Princey going on Sheff United Way again.

How come the prince stays silent for so long but everytime there's bad news he pops up on that channel just like after Wilder left 🤔

It's almost like they're his PR patsies who will nod along and not push back on anything the Prince says.

Anyway I implore you all not to get sucked in and be overly gullible by what he says in that interview... it's clear that YorkBlade has sold out and is heavily censored on what he must and must not say/do

I wonder what the hot take of YorkBlade and Ingood Nick is today?

I'm not one that's into these things anyway, but respect that plenty are. However, I don't see much value in another Prince interview in this format.

The truth is, the only meaningful communication from the owner will come when he actually wants to do it and be transparent and totally honest.

Until then, it's largely stage managed fluff for me.

They're as spineless as the players are. They've got a platform like that but are seemingly too scared to criticise the owner or try and hold him to account.
Spineless?

Trying to stir up things in here saying you know what is happening at the club without providing the details is a very spineless thing to do!

I'm not sure what they can do to be honest, they didn't push the Prince in my opinion & the format only really allows them to ask questions that fans have raised. Which are always the same old same - How's the sale going? Will we have money in the summer? Why did we sell Ndiaye & berge? What is the contract situation?

A proper journalist would push him further in his responses. It's easy to answer the above questions, he gets asked them all the time. Being outside his comfort zone is what we want & what he deserves after the shit show of this season, this is why he avoids mainstream media.

No point in being frustrated at Hal and Nick is there. If they ambushed the Prince and got into his ribs then it would be the last time he’s agree to any podcast.

I'm not sure what they can do to be honest, they didn't push the Prince in my opinion & the format only really allows them to ask questions that fans have raised. Which are always the same old same - How's the sale going? Will we have money in the summer? Why did we sell Ndiaye & berge? What is the contract situation?

A proper journalist would push him further in his responses. It's easy to answer the above questions, he gets asked them all the time. Being outside his comfort zone is what we want & what he deserves after the shit show of this season, this is why he avoids mainstream media.
“A proper journalist”

I’ve never seen a journalist from the Star for example ever ask any tough questions of the Prince or any of the previous owners. They’ve always been happy to be fobbed off for fear of spoiling their ‘relationship’

“A proper journalist”

I’ve never seen a journalist from the Star for example ever ask any tough questions of the Prince or any of the previous owners. They’ve always been happy to be fobbed off for fear of spoiling their ‘relationship’
Agreed, we probably need a non-nonsense type like Simon Jordan to grill him.

“A proper journalist”

They backed McCabe and Wilder. Don’t think there’s much of a relationship to spoil as things stand.

Wheres the Betis press conference that Prince Abdullah mentioned?
Said there would be updates regarding the hotel and Academy in January 🤔

Back
Top Bottom