Prince on Sheff United Way

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

" The good thing is I want still to be involved with the Club. I'll be staying, United World will be staying but not in a controlling interest and that was really important to me. Of course some of the offers wanted to own the Club for 100% , some prefer we stay. All things equal I'd prefer to be part of the Club."

I interpret that to mean he's made the decision to stay in part and a 100% sale is currently not an option with the 2/3 parties that are in advanced negotiations.
Our individual interpretations differ then! I can see some value in retaining the European scouting network of United world, but not the management template they try to use for clubs. I also think that the club has reached whatever ‘peak value’ it is going to get now, so a sale may or may not depend on his wishes? The time to sell and move on has arrived, especially if the rumours about Berge are correct.
It may be that the Prince wants to sell the club based on youthful player potential, and a healthy balance sheet? If he does that I see the club being sold, but not for anything like 170m.

Exactly so he spins a line and hopes the interviewers, his loyal twitter accountants and the supporter base falls for his utter bollocks.

I’ve had enough of it now. The guy is a fraud he’s a manipulator and he is only taking us one way
I am with you all the way he has completely mugged the fans off.

York Blade not criticizing you and the other lad who runs your youtube channel. a very good channel worth watching apparently I have not seen your channel. however, just wanted to know why the prince favors .your channel instead of Radio Sheffield, simply because The radio station would have a bigger audience. not everyone has a computer or goes on social media.
I don’t know, these days I’d suggest a YouTube channel and podcast available on a lot of peoples phones and tv’s is probably going to go wider than radio Sheffield. The prince interview has had 16,000 views, im not sure how many on the podcasts but I’d hazard a guess radio Sheffield wouldn’t get that many listens if they did the interview.

I don’t know, these days I’d suggest a YouTube channel and podcast available on a lot of peoples phones and tv’s is probably going to go wider than radio Sheffield. The prince interview has had 16,000 views, im not sure how many on the podcasts but I’d hazard a guess radio Sheffield wouldn’t get that many listens if they did the interview.

They'd probably waste half n hour on the weather in L. A. and what he'd eat for his dinner...

"hi there Prince, is it raining where you are, it's terrible here, the British summer eh no wonder you stay away, oh you're having spaghetti for tea, lovely"

"have you managed to get out to see the Barbie film yet"

Remember the podcast asked "our" questions, and did a great job of it, RS wouldn't have dedicated the whole time to our questions..

Totally agree there is a plethora of great interviews on there from yourself and Nick and I would recommend them to any blade

I would however advise to swiftly scroll past the one with the Prince, unfortunately he has spun you a line and subsequently the rest of the supporter base.
How has he spun them a line?

He made specific comments about difficult decisions being made when players were not signing contracts.

Surely this is absolutely the outcome in line with that comment? It may seem sudden, divisive, even radical but anyone listening would have understood he had an issue with players of value not signing and that difficult decisions may have to be made.

He also made sensible comments on avoiding an aging squad. So expect extensions of players over 30 tl be carefully managed.

If he'd said we absolutely won't be selling any players then fine. But he didn't.

If I've learned anything from the Wilder affair, it's that losing your shit early on isn't worth it especially until more facts emerge.

This one is far easier to evaluate. We look at the squad on 2 September. They club have either then got a squad that is numerically sound and competitive or they haven't. If the latter then we can bleat away within reason; those expecting unrealistic signings will be disappointed.

But for now, I'm keeping my powder dry until I've seen the conclusion of the incomings.

They'd probably waste half n hour on the weather in L. A. and what he'd eat for his dinner...

"hi there Prince, is it raining where you are, it's terrible here, the British summer eh no wonder you stay away, oh you're having spaghetti for tea, lovely"

Remember the podcast asked "our" questions, and did a great job of it, RS wouldn't have dedicated the whole time to our questions..

Tinned spaghetti or cooked from scratch?

Tinned spaghetti or cooked from scratch?

It's tinned alphabetti spaghetti in rich tomato sauce, he has lots of fun spelling out "tits" and "fanny" with the letters on his plate, now he's grown up and living in his own gaff, he doesn't have to worry about his mum catching him and telling on him to his dad..

The Prince completely controlled the interview. He spoke far too long about the subjects raised and either time ran out or it became a bore-fest. (Politicians are brilliant at doing this).

There were occassions where he could have been questioned about his answers but opportunities were missed.

The Wilder reference was totally unnecassary and disrespectful to the current management team.

Hal and Nick, thank you for the interview. McCabe, Wilder all waiting in the wings to be interviewed as many on here are more concerned about the gossip off the pitch and in the past rather than the team that will be facing 38 games in the Premier league. It's our very own soap opera.

Aww, diddums. Still pouting because the nasty pwince said something you don't like? The fact that he said anything gives him an advantage because you never say fuck all. Just one fucking moan after another.
That's the best trolling/trying to get a bite you've got? Deary me

He says this is how it works in the NFL.

That might be right, but that’s a sport where the teams have all the power when negotiating, having crushed the players union.

It doesn’t work like that here, as he’s finding out.

He's a fucking moron then. That is exactly NOT how the NFL works, where you tie down your "franchise" players early, high and long.
Your journeymen then make up the numbers and can be replaced in the draft the following spring, the worse you've done meaning you, theoretically, then get the best replacements. You don't even have to persuade (or overpay) them to sign.
If he can't see the difference between that and letting your best players expire and fuck off for well under value then it's no wonder he can't afford to run a Premier League club, I'm surprised he's not sat on Fargate with a washboard and a cap! Twat.

How has he spun them a line?

He made specific comments about difficult decisions being made when players were not signing contracts.

Surely this is absolutely the outcome in line with that comment? It may seem sudden, divisive, even radical but anyone listening would have understood he had an issue with players of value not signing and that difficult decisions may have to be made.

He also made sensible comments on avoiding an aging squad. So expect extensions of players over 30 tl be carefully managed.

If he'd said we absolutely won't be selling any players then fine. But he didn't.

If I've learned anything from the Wilder affair, it's that losing your shit early on isn't worth it especially until more facts emerge.

This one is far easier to evaluate. We look at the squad on 2 September. They club have either then got a squad that is numerically sound and competitive or they haven't. If the latter then we can bleat away within reason; those expecting unrealistic signings will be disappointed.

But for now, I'm keeping my powder dry until I've seen the

Asked the questions but not once did they make the most of the opportunity to probe deeper for detail in the responses

I’m working my way through it. He’s cogent for the first 20 mins but my goodness he starts rambling after the first Ndiaye question is asked.

Puts himself forward as football's equivalent of Henry Kissinger because he once poached Eric Gerets from Marseille for his Saudi team.
In reality his negotiation "skills" are nothing like as good as he claims.

Radio Sheff really putting the boot into the running of the club on tonight’s phone-in.

It was good to hear. And much of it made sense. But if ever a media organisation was playing the role of a painfully dumped vengeful ex, this was it.

Cause he has doesn't a magician most people can see through this

What the fuck does that mean? Is it one of those word jumbles where you have to rearrange them to make sense? Bottom line is, you didn't prove it so go on, give us a few facts.

Radio Sheff really putting the boot into the running of the club on tonight’s phone-in.

It was good to hear. And much of it made sense. But if ever a media organisation was playing the role of a painfully dumped vengeful ex, this was it.

You could tell that from Rob Staton's twitter response to the interview the other day. Like Hal said they probably could have got an interview with him.

Is that the same Radio Sheffield that's seen numerous threads on here from fans claiming bias against out illustrious club? No doubt those same hysterical posters are singing the stations praises now they've jumped on the bullshit bandwagon.

Is that the same Radio Sheffield that's seen numerous threads on here from fans claiming bias against out illustrious club? No doubt those same hysterical posters are singing the stations praises now they've jumped on the bullshit bandwagon.

Very little self reflection done by Radio Sheffield or The Star as to why they are given the cold shoulder by the clubs hierarchy. The relationship with RS probably fell on rocky ground when Wilder was here and they were trying to bait him into slagging off individual players for that away performance at Hull.

Very little self reflection done by Radio Sheffield or The Star as to why they are given the cold shoulder by the clubs hierarchy. The relationship with RS probably fell on rocky ground when Wilder was here and they were trying to bait him into slagging off individual players for that away performance at Hull.

I'll be honest and say I listened to the Prince's interview as it was straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak. He came across as a bit panicky to me, losing Illiman was obviously a shock, and Berge going would send out a bad message but he promised signings and I've no cause to doubt him. I'm concerned how many are in the last year of their contract but that's up to the club to sort.

I never look at The Star, don't listen to Radio Sheffield and don't shit the bed over rumours. I believe we've signed players when I see them wearing the shirt and same the other way. It's football, things happen, we're fans who either enjoy watching the club or get some sadistic pleasure from non stop bitching about it.

He's the head of the club. He shouldn't be hiding from scrutiny from people that dislike his running of the club. Front up and tell them why he believes they're wrong, what his vision is. They don't have to agree. It's all a bit cowardly hiding from the SS and RS and only using uncritical conduits to engage.

The Prince completely controlled the interview. He spoke far too long about the subjects raised and either time ran out or it became a bore-fest. (Politicians are brilliant at doing this).

There were occassions where he could have been questioned about his answers but opportunities were missed.

The Wilder reference was totally unnecassary and disrespectful to the current management team.

Hal and Nick, thank you for the interview. McCabe, Wilder all waiting in the wings to be interviewed as many on here are more concerned about the gossip off the pitch and in the past rather than the team that will be facing 38 games in the Premier league. It's our very own soap opera.
I think the random wilder reference was him trying to say the messiah is not long away from returning.....

He's the head of the club. He shouldn't be hiding from scrutiny from people that dislike his running of the club. Front up and tell them why he believes they're wrong, what his vision is. They don't have to agree. It's all a bit cowardly hiding from the SS and RS and only using uncritical conduits to engage.

He already did in the interview with York Blade. You only need to read some of the shit on here to see why a question and answer session wouldn't work.

Gobby punter 'Why are tha strippin t'assets from t'club'.
Prince 'I let Billy and Enda go because they weren't good enough any more, Jack was sadly fucked and the two loanees weren't ours'.
Gobby punter 'Weerz t'signings'
Prince 'Four so far, more to come'.
Gobby punter Er, fuck off to swillsborough'

😵😵😵😵😵😵

He already did in the interview with York Blade. You only need to read some of the shit on here to see why a question and answer session wouldn't work.

Gobby punter 'Why are tha strippin t'assets from t'club'.
Prince 'I let Billy and Enda go because they weren't good enough any more, Jack was sadly fucked and the two loanees weren't ours'.
Gobby punter 'Weerz t'signings'
Prince 'Four so far, more to come'.
Gobby punter Er, fuck off to swillsborough'

😵😵😵😵😵😵

I was thinking more the presenters than the public tbh. Even so they can ask for questions from the public and vet them in a similar way to SUW.

I think the best thing for us fans, imo, is interviews with all mediums. That way we know outlets aren't being selected for an easy/easier ride. That's not a slight on SUW etc either: the same accusations they're getting were aimed at the legacy media in the past. RS SS etc clearly have commercial reasons for moaning about lack of access, too; they're moaning is to some extent a reaction to that.

I was thinking more the presenters than the public tbh. Even so they can ask for questions from the public and vet them in a similar way to SUW.

I think the best thing for us fans, imo, is interviews with all mediums. That way we know outlets aren't being selected for an easy/easier ride. That's not a slight on SUW etc either: the same accusations they're getting were aimed at the legacy media in the past. RS SS etc clearly have commercial reasons for moaning about lack of access, too; they're moaning is to some extent a reaction to that.

I think we're beyond the realms of sensible questions now. Some of the hysteria on display is fucking embarrassing, if they're melting down this much over a player walking out on us, and another maybe doing the same, God knows what they'd be like when real life kicks them in the nuts.

I bet the Samaritans hotline's been engaged since the weekend.

I think we're beyond the realms of sensible questions now. Some of the hysteria on display is fucking embarrassing, if they're melting down this much over a player walking out on us, and another maybe doing the same, God knows what they'd be like when real life kicks them in the nuts.

I bet the Samaritans hotline's been engaged since the weekend.
What a load of bollocks.

They’re not walking out on us, they’re being sold. From an already depleted squad that is in no way fit to start a premier league campaign.

Oooh it’s only football, it’s not even real life. Like that’s an excuse for running a football club that should be thriving into the ground.

Madness.

Back
Top Bottom