Imperfect 10: An evening with Tony Currie (and guests)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

stringer

Views my own.
Reaction score
To celebrate the release of his autobiography Imperfect 10, The Man Behind the Magic, join Tony Currie and special guests at an intimate pie-and-pea dinner at Bramall Lane next month.

Hosted in the Platinum Suite, inside the stand that bears his name, Currie and guests (to be confirmed) will offer exclusive insight into a remarkable career, that saw him crowned United's greatest ever player and help the Blades into the first division in 1970/71.

Fans will also get the opportunity to buy a signed copy of the book on the night, and purchase a souvenir photograph with the man himself. Tickets are £30, including pie and peas, and can be ordered at the link below. Tables of 10 also available.

To celebrate the release of his autobiography Imperfect 10, The Man Behind the Magic, join Tony Currie and special guests at an intimate pie-and-pea dinner at Bramall Lane next month.

Hosted in the Platinum Suite, inside the stand that bears his name, Currie and guests (to be confirmed) will offer exclusive insight into a remarkable career, that saw him crowned United's greatest ever player and help the Blades into the first division in 1970/71.

Fans will also get the opportunity to buy a signed copy of the book on the night, and purchase a souvenir photograph with the man himself. Tickets are £30, including pie and peas, and can be ordered at the link below. Tables of 10 also available.

You had me at 'intimate pie and pea dinner.' 😂

£30 entrance and chance to BUY photos and BUY book. Ok you get a pie and some peas, but that’s hardly cordon bleu is it? Frankly, isn’t this a bit steep to justify in the current Inflationary and pre Xmas times? And to hear what new stories exactly? Love my club but do wonder these days who is driving the bus and where it’s going??

Let’s try not to lose our identity and respect for a few shekels more..

£30 entrance and chance to BUY photos and BUY book. Ok you get a pie and some peas, but that’s hardly cordon bleu is it? Frankly, isn’t this a bit steep to justify in the current Inflationary and pre Xmas times? And to hear what new stories exactly? Love my club but do wonder these days who is driving the bus and where it’s going??

i agree with you on this one £30 is overpriced imo i would have gone but not at that price in any case went to the tc/ birch night a few years ago

i agree with you on this one £30 is overpriced imo i would have gone but not at that price in any case went to the tc/ birch night a few years ago
How much was the TC/Birch night, out of interest?

Bert assumes it's not an event organised by the club.

How much was the TC/Birch night, out of interest?
it was a few years ago but think it was £15 that was a pie and pea supper great night though sherman was on whiskey all night and got louder and funnier as the night went on tc was relatevly quiet couldnt believe it when my all time hero tc had a piss at the side of me in bogs he said alright to me but was too gobsmacked to answer back lol

FFS - that rules me out ...... Biggs ??? No thanks.
Gary Sinclair is hosting, Alan interviewing the guests (TC, Keith Edwards and Tony Kenworthy) about their time at United.

A bit pricey for what you get. I went to a dinner the other week which was £50. For that we got a three course meal, Geoff Miller and Ian Botham.

Keith Edwards, Tony Kenworthy and Ted Hemsley now confirmed as special guests - with Gary Sinclair hosting.

Keith Edwards, Tony Kenworthy and Ted Hemsley now confirmed as special guests - with Gary Sinclair hosting.

Well - the byline says ..".UTd's Greatest Ever Player.." and I think that's a superlative I wouldn't want to use.
One of Utd's Greatest Players certainly - I'll go with that. Loved to watch him in that 70/71 side.
Good luck with the Book TC.

No problem with people going to this, but paying £30 so someone can hopefully flog a book to you. Not for me, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom