Imperfect 10 - Tony Currie's autobiography

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think it's from the days of the old USSR, which everyone referred to as Russia anyway. And Kiev used to play in the Soviet(Russian) league with Dynamo Moscow, Leningrad teams etc. Indeed, Dynamo Tbilisi from little old Georgia had a long spell of winning that league against all the Russian, Ukrainian etc. teams.

I think it's from the days of the old USSR, which everyone referred to as Russia anyway. And Kiev used to play in the Soviet(Russian) league with Dynamo Moscow, Leningrad teams etc. Indeed, Dynamo Tbilisi from little old Georgia had a long spell of winning that league against all the Russian, Ukrainian etc. teams.

That's nothing like me referring to Scotland as a county in England at all.

If it wasn't half term it'd be a good time to send your child to school as TC, carrying a copy of this and wearing the No.10 shirt and a blonde wig for WBD 😁

If you suffer from insomnia this book is a perfect cure.

Sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy it, any particular feedback?
I read the comment the other way to start with, as if it was being said that if you couldn’t sleep, it was something worth staying awake for. Then saw your comments and saw it the other way🤦🏻‍♂️ I hope El Volví replies otherwise I’ll have insomnia tonight thinking about it😁

I read the comment the other way to start with, as if it was being said that if you couldn’t sleep, it was something worth staying awake for. Then saw your comments and saw it the other way🤦🏻‍♂️ I hope El Volví replies otherwise I’ll have insomnia tonight thinking about it😁
Maybe you’re right 😂

Sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy it, any particular feedback?
The first part relating to his early years and Sheffield United is interesting, obviously, but the remainder; Leeds, QPR etc just became tedious to read, at which point I stopped reading it.

The first part relating to his early years and Sheffield United is interesting, obviously, but the remainder; Leeds, QPR etc just became tedious to read, at which point I stopped reading it.
Isn't that just natural though?

Much as I enjoyed Reading Bassett's and Warnock's autobiographies a while back, the level of interest around United and Sheffield was obviously much higher. Difficult to be massively engaged when Bassett is covering his Palace days for instance.

Probably doesn't even exist but I'd imagine something like Joe Shaw, who spent all his career at United would have been more compelling because he spent all his career with us and as a Blades fan you'd relate to all parts of it, rather than hone in on just the United bits.

Isn't that just natural though?

Much as I enjoyed Reading Bassett's and Warnock's autobiographies a while back, the level of interest around United and Sheffield was obviously much higher. Difficult to be massively engaged when Bassett is covering his Palace days for instance.

Probably doesn't even exist but I'd imagine something like Joe Shaw, who spent all his career at United would have been more compelling because he spent all his career with us and as a Blades fan you'd relate to all parts of it, rather than hone in on just the United bits.
True, but I felt that it just drifted into boring by the time it reached QPR.

You'll never know what you've missed. My top three all time:-
1) TC
2) Alex Sebella
3) Woody
Deano is the only other that comes close.
Yes I go along with that - maybe put Woody above Sabella mainly because he played for us for so long and we saw his amazing talents for a prolonged period like scoring direct from corners !

Woodward always number one for me with TC second.
Chico Hamilton refers to Woody as the best he ever played with.
The most frustrating player of the TC, Worthington, Marsh etc era has to be Duncan McKenzie.

I can think of very few English footballers who had the capacity to be both devastatingly effective and hugely entertaining at the same time .

Tony Currie was certainly one of that select few .
Brilliant book for those of us of a certain age or those youngsters interested in a different age of football “The Mavericks - when flair wore flares”. By Rob Steen. Excellent book

Brilliant book for those of us of a certain age or those youngsters interested in a different age of football “The Mavericks - when flair wore flares”. By Rob Steen. Excellent book

Glad you mention that it's an excellent book. Bought it for the old man this Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom