A night with legends of the Lane (at the Lane)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

stringer

Views my own.
Reaction score
View attachment IMG_5746.jpeg

For one night only, join some genuine Sheffield United legends at Bramall Lane for an intimate event to celebrate the launch of the new Blades book, Legends at the Lane.

The relaxed event, held on June 30th in Tony Currie's suite in the John Street stand, will see legends including TC, Brian Deane and Dane Whitehouse* chat about their respective careers with the Blades and the numerous highs they - and supporters - enjoyed together.

event_description_image_144481_1683124625_d301a.png?_a=AAFIKDQ

Tickets are £20 each, with tables of 10 available for £190, and the evening will support Weston Park Cancer Charity, a cause close to many Sheffielders' hearts, with a range of exclusive signed memorabilia also available for auction and raffle. Attendees will be treated to pie, peas and handcut chips - and lashings of Henderson's Relish, of course - freshly prepared by award-winning head chef Seymour Millington and his talented team. *Please note line-up may change in case of unforeseen circumstances

Sounds good, tempted to treat my old man for his birthday.

Sounds good, tempted to treat my old man for his birthday.
Sounds a plan! Father's Day on the horizon too... ;)

It's a beautiful book.
The first signature I got was Tony Currie, then the current squad, except for RND, IC and the Manager, Assistants.
Hope the book becomes a best seller and the evening is a success.
Much appreciated, thank you for the feedback!

Not many tickets remaining so if you’re hoping to come, get ‘em while you can!

As I've mentioned before - I cant find a link!!!

It's in the OP.

Last few tickets available - don't miss out!

Handful of tickets just become available if anyone missed out last time - less than 2 weeks to go!

I asked Mark Pissmoor if he was buying a copy for his Dad.
'No' he answered.
'Is That because it's a book about Sheffield United?'
'No', again he said, 'I don't know who my father is....'

Does that make him officially....

That was a great evening. 200 Blades gathered enjoying excellent food and some very funny stories from Paddy Kenny in particular. Loved the story about Kozzy and Derek Dooley's false leg 🤣🤣🤣
Yeah really enjoyed it. Had a chat with Dane W at the bar about his goal against West Ham in 1994. He joked that he shut his eyes and hit it 😂 but later admitted that he just knew the outcome as soon as he hit it.

Currie was much funnier than I imagined, and Deano also has a cheeky sense of humour. Paddy is just plain bonkers 😂

Yeah really enjoyed it. Had a chat with Dane W at the bar about his goal against West Ham in 1994. He joked that he shut his eyes and hit it 😂 but later admitted that he just knew the outcome as soon as he hit it.

Currie was much funnier than I imagined, and Deano also has a cheeky sense of humour. Paddy is just plain bonkers 😂

You summed it up better than I did 😉

I was chatting with Deano about him shopping in a supermarket near me when we lived in Leeds. Saw him there several times. Nice bloke.

That was my first night match, that West Ham game. I remember thinking it was flying in from the moment it left his boot, too.

That was my first night match, that West Ham game. I remember thinking it was flying in from the moment it left his boot, too.
I spoke to him about the atmosphere that night, and you just knew we would go on to win, especially following Brian Gayle’s equaliser. He said he’s spoken to loads of pro footballers over the years, and they hated playing at Bramall Lane for a night game, due to that very reason.

Back
Top Bottom