An evening with... Tony Kenworthy - Thursday December 17th

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Well done! The game v Blackpool was on 25/2/89 and we won 4-1. Gannon did indeed come on for his debut, commit a bad foul and then scored a goal in the last minute.

I remember coming out of the ground and a "Star" seller outside trying to push his wares with the words "Pigs lose, Blades lick seasiders shit".

For The Star!!:confused:

It's a day for "interesting facts"

Brian Deane scored on his debut for United in the first, second and third tiers as well as the FA Cup and League Cup (and the PL if you want to count that as separate).

Has anyone else ever done that for any team?

Yes?;):)

It's a day for "interesting facts"

Brian Deane scored on his debut for United in the first, second and third tiers as well as the FA Cup and League Cup (and the PL if you want to count that as separate).

Has anyone else ever done that for any team?
That's a hell of a stat and befitting of the legend of Sir Brian of Deane

That's a hell of a stat and befitting of the legend of Sir Brian of Deane

Just to show off. The debuts in question:

D3 27/8/88 A Reading W3-1
LC 30/8.88 A Hartlepool D2-2
FAC 19/11/88 A Mansfield D1-1
D2 19/8/89 A WBA W3-0
D1 25/8/90 H Liverpool L1-3
PL 15/8/92 H Man Utd W2-1

D2 19/8/89 A WBA W3-0

Didn't he score on his 2nd debut for us too?

D2 19/8/89 A WBA W3-0
Deserving of a statue in the car park

SUISA not BR but yes - trust you are well?

Yes, J, Thanks
You too?
If memory serves me right, in SUISA days you were based around St Johns' Wood - hence the moniker Lords Blade, was it?

The 88 bus - I remember after matches we used to have a competition when waiting for the bus home, from the stop at the back of Atkinson's - as to who was the first to read the number and destination of the bus turning the corner near the Debenhams roundabout - My eyesight used to be pretty good at that age but as I recall, your eyesight was even sharper in those days.

Yes, J, Thanks
You too?
If memory serves me right, in SUISA days you were based around St Johns' Wood - hence the moniker Lords Blade, was it?

The 88 bus - I remember after matches we used to have a competition when waiting for the bus home, from the stop at the back of Atkinson's - as to who was the first to read the number and destination of the bus turning the corner near the Debenhams roundabout - My eyesight used to be pretty good at that age but as I recall, your eyesight was even sharper in those days.
Happy days - UTB

Back
Top Bottom