Training Centre - Will it ever be completed and open?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

New Training Centre.

• Yes, it will get completed

Votes: 221 72.2%
  • No. It won't ever get completed.

Votes: 85 27.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

As mad as it sounds to GenPop, getting this up and running is actually a relatively low cost investment. I suspect the hold up has been finding a good site - no good throwing money at Shirecliffe when it's clearly not the best location for all our operations - as opposed to not being able to do it.

As mad as it sounds to GenPop, getting this up and running is actually a relatively low cost investment. I suspect the hold up has been finding a good site - no good throwing money at Shirecliffe when it's clearly not the best location for all our operations - as opposed to not being able to do it.
I guess they will keep Shirecliffe as a base for the academy and women’s teams and Dore will be the base for the men’s team. Not enough room on either to consolidate all of the teams on one site.

I guess they will keep Shirecliffe as a base for the academy and women’s teams and Dore will be the base for the men’s team. Not enough room on either to consolidate all of the teams on one site.
I think that's exactly what's going to happen. I don't claim to know the details but I believe this move also paves the way for a Cat 1 Academy.

Iv'e been involved with this site from it's early days as Balfour Darwins to it's present owners HSBC, the pitches have improved from the early days but even now they are not up to daily use.
I'm presuming we will have to lay a couple of desso pitches as well as a G4 all weather pitch, my concern is where will the money come from to complete this new venture or will it just be another pipe dream.

I hope so although I am not blindly believing the Ownership after the last, lesser, plans fell apart.

Desso pitches cost about a million each don't they. Add in the land, other facilities and increased costs in staff to get up to category one is not exactly mega money but it is a big chunk of change

Desso pitches cost about a million each don't they. Add in the land, other facilities and increased costs in staff to get up to category one is not exactly mega money but it is a big chunk of change
Absolutely, but when you're businesses wage budget is 7 figures, the odd million here and there is relatively low.

Absolutely, but when you're businesses wage budget is 7 figures, the odd million here and there is relatively low.
Considering out of the premier league our only transfer fee was for Anel for about 3.5 million you can see it's a big chunk.

Long journey ahead, need to get planning permission. Not a formality, we could be comfortably be 12-18 months before a spade into the ground. I imagine we’ve just signed a contract to purchase on a subject to planning basis.

Will the Prince be the Owner by the time the land is purchased and build starts?

Worst recent season in our history..fans furious..chuck em a bone..after all we,re all fickle fuckers ..if we've got planning get on wi it..if not carry on talking about moving the kop pillars...

No chance. We know Abdul wants to offload the club so there will be some mealy-mouthed shite to appease the clappers, then some other no-mark will buy the club and offload the land.

Iv'e been involved with this site from it's early days as Balfour Darwins to it's present owners HSBC, the pitches have improved from the early days but even now they are not up to daily use.
I'm presuming we will have to lay a couple of desso pitches as well as a G4 all weather pitch, my concern is where will the money come from to complete this new venture or will it just be another pipe dream.
The announcement said that they would lay 2 Desso’s

It will be a good investment as we can sell it at a massive profit to our neighbours when they are in the Champions League in 2028.

After the Bkades good news regarding the new training ground I heard a story about a cleaner at Hillsborough, whilst cleaning in Chansiri's office, spotted a piece of paper on his desk stating:

PRIORITY: New training ground, a Category 1. ASAP

Turns out they read it wrong and it actually said:

PRIORITY: New training ground, a Catalogue one ASAP

New tent incoming.

🤣

Long journey ahead, need to get planning permission. Not a formality, we could be comfortably be 12-18 months before a spade into the ground. I imagine we’ve just signed a contract to purchase on a subject to planning basis.

Will the Prince be the Owner by the time the land is purchased and build starts?
No planning needed for the new pitches and 4 g

Agree, but you would hope (i know this is the blades we are talking about) that discussions had taken place with the planners before the purchase was completed as to the plans for the site and some positive noises came back from the planners.

what they gonna do when it snows?
Gets deep up that way.
Yup, there was definitely nothing mentioned in the media statements which would resolve an issue if it snowed.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom