Training Centre - Will it ever be completed and open?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

New Training Centre.

• Yes, it will get completed

Votes: 221 72.2%
  • No. It won't ever get completed.

Votes: 85 27.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Reading only opened their training ground 4 years ago!!

I really wouldn’t be surprised if they dropped out of the league.

Reading only opened their training ground 4 years ago!!

I really wouldn’t be surprised if they dropped out of the league.
Less than a year ago Wilder was strongly linked to them. Instead he chose this basket case instead of bin fire of a club!

I’d love to know what their owner is up to. He’s says he’s potless and trying to sell. But it’s been going on for years, so could they have resorted to this measure earlier and stabilised the club for the medium term? Rather than drop through the divisions and get deeper in the mire...

It makes me worry about Princey’s approach to selling.
What happend to that John Madekski? Ex chairman. Weren't he a supporter? Surprised he's not tried to help if he is.

I drive past the site of the new training ground most days, so will be keeping a close eye out for signs of activity, spades in the ground etc.
Will it be like when Reg Brearley parked a couple of JCB’s on the John Street site and called it progress…..

What happend to that John Madekski? Ex chairman. Weren't he a supporter? Surprised he's not tried to help if he is.
He didn't have the means to sustain in modern football. He sold up to some Russian who sold to someone else who sold to the current one.

Plus he's in his 80s and the main money he made was back in the 90s!

He didn't have the means to sustain in modern football. He sold up to some Russian who sold to someone else who sold to the current one.

Plus he's in his 80s and the main money he made was back in the 90s!
Cheers BB.. I am talking 20 years ago I suppose. Just know when he was involved they were well run.

I wonder if that might help us with getting Cat 1 academy status? Reading currently have a Cat 1 academy, but doubt they'll be able to keep it having sold their training ground? Not sure how it works though, is it just a certain number of Cat 1 academies, or is the number unlimited as long as they meet the requirements?
Currently no cap on how many Cat 1 academies there can be, so won't make a difference in that regard.

I see Reading are selling their training ground to Wycombe. We should buy it instead and just fly up from White Waltham airport to Netherthorpe on match days in those little planes. Sorted.

Had an office opposite. Great location watching stunt pilots bezzing around every week.

If we dont move forward with the clubs infrastructure we will have what WEDNESDAYS got, a circus tent and a grossly over valued derelict stadium
maintenance is essential, good players like good facilities or they wont come

Back
Top Bottom