Hecky and Coaching Team Out - Yes or No

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

HECKY OUT

• YES

Votes: 672 88.9%
  • NO

Votes: 84 11.1%

• Total voters
I was listening to the radio in the car a few years ago back in Ireland when Lee Dixon was interviewed on Off The Ball radio show. He mentioned that after signing for Arsenal, George Graham told him he had a lot to improve on which surprised him. But it did become very clear after a few months of training. One of the things George did in training was put the back 4 in position and he would pick the ball up and move around the pitch shouting where should you be now. Very simple but very effective ,Dixon said you always knew that if a player cut inside him that Adams was covering.

Contrast that to what we have been doing for the last 4 or 5 years. Wilders first year in the PL commentators mentioned that the overlapping centrbacks could go forward as the team knew that others would move into position if we lost the ball and they counterattack.

Hecky may be a grand bloke and all that but I have yet to witness our team having a discernable philosophy as to how we play. It's the first thing a manager needs. What way do I believe we should play. Irrespective of the quality of the squad and the fact we are in PL there isn't any evidence I can see that says. This is how we play this is what we are trying to do. It's mind boggling that a professional club with professional players can't do what sunday league teams do. Just think about that for a minute.....as a right back or centreback in an average team in the 4th division of one of the poorest District leagues in Ireland, I was seeing more evidence of different attacking philosophies from teams than I can see watching Hecky’s version of football.

Back
Top Bottom