Hecky and Coaching Team Out - Yes or No

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

HECKY OUT

• YES

Votes: 672 88.9%
  • NO

Votes: 84 11.1%

• Total voters
To add to this. I think they've brought in 2 good players with plenty of experience in Barkley & Townsend. Proven quality players who yes might be a little later on in their own careers but a lot better than players we’ve signed. How could we not be picking players up like this?
Just guessing here.

Luton have gone for experience with little, if any resale value. We’ve gone for younger players who would hopefully develop into players with a good resale value.

As Capt Blackadder once said, there’s one tiny flaw in the plan.

It’s bollocks……

Front foot football at home is a must.
We literally stood off Bournemouth from the 1st whistle. We let them dictate the game.

It was a shocker

I've defended Hecky and do feel he's had his hands tied, but no passion in a 6-pointer is inexcusable.
Chief Ironside was better on his front foot than we are…..

How can we get this poll to the media, bettis, the prince, any fucker who will listen….

YorkBlade Any ideas?

I bet training is a reyt fucking laugh today. Don't they normally re watch the game on Mondays?

Hecky "Right lads, hey listen, we were in that game for long periods, but I think we need to tighten up defensively or we'll never keep it at 1-0 in the next game. Any ideas on this Mark?"

Hudson "Wibble wobble wibble wobble..... sorry, I'm the defensive coach?"

We get so very little possession, that when we actually get on the ball, we haven’t got a clue what we want to do with it…so we just give it away.

Do we have a board? Yusef, Van Winkel and maybe Bettis and Princey? 😂 😂

Assuming it's fucking Wilder if some are against it. It'll be most uninspiring management appointment since Adkins.
One of those is on the board. :)

Do we have a board? Yusef, Van Winkel and maybe Bettis and Princey? 😂 😂

Assuming it's fucking Wilder if some are against it. It'll be most uninspiring management appointment since Adkins.
Van Winckel is no longer at the club so that means Yusef, Bettis and who else?

As others have said, we don't have a style of football or an identity which can't be good for the players.

Are we a long ball team? If we are, then play and sign tall players instead of the front 3 being under 5"10. Are we a pressing team? Don't know, sometimes we do in patches but most of the time we just stand off and let midfield runners get behind us. That's on the manager.

Barring that last shit show of a season in Wilder's tenure, you could have a player come in to the team and know exactly what was expected and the players knew the system inside out. Eventually, not changing it when it wasn't working lead to the down fall of that side, but at least we had an identity and a style for 4 seasons.

Now it seems like we just try and stay in the game for as long as possible, but even then we're relying on Wes to make saves and the opposition missing decent chances. I genuinely believe that we have the players to stop up, but only if they're used effectively and with a system that suits. We're over a third through the season and still don't know our best starting line up. Injuries haven't helped, but to still play Norwood and Souza together and isolate Hamer further forward where he's ineffective is unforgivable, and again is on the manager and coaching staff.

Front foot football at home is a must.
We literally stood off Bournemouth from the 1st whistle. We let them dictate the game.

It was a shocker

I've defended Hecky and do feel he's had his hands tied, but no passion in a 6-pointer is inexcusable.

It is mate. Maybe it's even worse that that and he doesn't see any games as 6 pointers as we're just supposed to lose.

Every game we endure this management is a wasted game. Burnley beat us Saturday to end that record home loss run

if The Prince is going to sack Hecky this season, it will be after we lose at Burnley on Saturday. If Hecky survives that, and is in charge for the following Liverpool game - he will also be here at the end of the season. It will underline the fact that The Prince does not really care about results ….even if we lose the next 25 games on the bounce!

We get so very little possession, that when we actually get on the ball, we haven’t got a clue what we want to do with it…so we just give it away.
This is what baffles me. How can professional footballers in their 20s and 30s, who have been coached professionally from a young age, suddenly forget how to make runs into space for a team mate to pass to? How do they suddenly forget how to pass to a team mate full stop? How do they forget to each pick someone to mark and stay with them when defending? Kids learn this stuff at under 10 level, and do a better job than what we've seen this season.

This raises a point I made in a thread a few weeks ago. Are our players over coached and become mindless drones, who go out and play how they've been asked to play, instead of using their intelligence, instinct and intuition to make the right moves or pass?

When you've attempted 15 hoofs up to Archer, all of which have come straight back at you, why would you then continue to try doing it again? Would doesn't Archer drop back to make himself an option and indicate to his team mates that he wants the ball at his feet? If his strength is running at teams with the ball, or making runs to beat the offside trap, why would you be content in being asked to play the lone striker and to try to compete for long balls upfield that you know you're not going to win? Have some professional pride and a pair of balls to speak to the manager and tell him you're not happy with the role you're being asked to play as it doesn't play to your strengths.

It reminds me of when we signed Ade Akinbiyi. He was top scorer in the division in the first half of the season with 12 goals in 29. The reason he scored so many was because he was an absolute unit. He'd run at teams with the ball at his feet and players would bounce off him. We signed him and Warnock used him as a target man. He scored 3 in 15 for us and was awful through no fault of his own. Warnock didn't use him right and didn't play to his strengths and he was dropped for Itchy Balls.

None of these things are difficult. It's football basics. So why do our players not take the initiative to do them? I can remember Wilder having his transfer policy with a 16 point checklist of which footballing intelligence was a key factor for signing players, as he needed players who instinctively knew when to drop back and cover for the over lapping centre backs. What intelligence have any of these current players got when they make 10 year olds look like Lionel Messi? They can't be useless as they did these basics last season, but then again, last season they weren't asked to defend in their own half from the first whistle to the last, and there pointeth the finger! They know how to play football. They know how to do these things.

I bet training is a reyt fucking laugh today. Don't they normally re watch the game on Mondays?

Hecky "Right lads, hey listen, we were in that game for long periods, but I think we need to tighten up defensively or we'll never keep it at 1-0 in the next game. Any ideas on this Mark?"

Hudson "Wibble wobble wibble wobble..... sorry, I'm the defensive coach?"
A meeting of minds and the minds lost.

A meeting of minds and the minds lost.
"We've highlighted a 60 second clip where we won a tackle, passed to two team mates and set up a chance for Oli. That's the standard we set every game so well done lads, I'm proud of you all. That 60 seconds was fantastic and we'll have a chance of staying up if we can play like that again for 60 seconds in the next match. I can't ask you to do it for the other 99 minutes as we might lose, so I just need you to defend in numbers deep during that part of the match. But I'll promise you this. When the third goal goes past Wes I'll take the defensive shackles off and let you have a go at attacking our opponents. Good lads. I'm proud of each and every one of you. In fact so proud that I've asked the board to offer those out of contract new deals, especially you Ozzy. You little rascal, you! What would I do without you?"

Still think it will be Wilder. At this time, I don't care who it is as long as we inject some fight and pride into these remaining games.

All United fans want them to do is attack and have a go for the 90+

We can stomach losses as long as we have had a good go at it.

I really can’t believe he’s still in post, there’s gonna be some really ugly scenes when we inevitably lose to Burnley….

I’ve got Greggs app is collecting more points than us…and I don’t particularly like Greggs

Nowt wrong with Greggs. Get thi sen a steak bake to ease the pain of this season so far.

Fair enough concerning Hecky. Maybe there is something to be gained by sacking him and the rest of the management team and bringing in another group of blokes; can’t see it myself but you could well be right.
I do disagree with your statement that there is ‘zero evidence that Berge was one of our better players’. Look at last season’s highlights video; Macca had his moments but it’s basically the Ndiaye and Berge show.
Like for the Bentos, you've got a like for the Bentos.....

I think too many are looking at this as a short term problem We need the owner to make it clear what his strategy is for the management, the January transfer window and for selling the club It is him that needs to start running the club. Having 19 players out of contract at the end of the season and a manager who doesn't know what is going on is a recipe for the disaster we are witnessing. Changing manager may have a small short term effect but it is the other things that need to be resolved as well

If Hecky coached them to play the way they did , he needs to go.
If he didn't , but they ignored him , he needs to go.
Either way , we need a manager who can organise a team to play with some sort of plan and who can ensure that his players follow it.
It's not rocket science.
But it's beyond Hecky.

Very one sided looking at the votes so far!
Shame we can't vote the owner out and get the result!

Have altered my vote. Squad isn't of sufficient quality which is down to the owner, but something has to change.

Back
Top Bottom