Team Vs Chelski.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BigBed

Aboard the sinking ship......
Reaction score
So, who's left???

Rammers
Bash. Egan. Stevens.
Bogle. Berge. Norwood. Osborn. Lowe.
Mcgoldrick Brewster.

Nowt to lose, go for the throat.

So, who's left???

Rammers
Bash. Egan. Stevens.
Bogle. Berge. Norwood. Osborn. Lowe.
Mcgoldrick Brewster.

Nowt to lose, go for the throat.
I’m pretty sure McBurnie will play against a week Chelsea back line

Can definitely see Bogle coming in to replace Baldock

I worry about Norwood, I wonder if we’d be better letting Lundstram sit in there? Or even switching to a 4-5-1 and letting Basham sit in.

I can't imagine he'll play for WBs together so soon against Chelsea. I also can't see him dropping both strikers. So I guess:

Rammers
Bash. Egan. Stevens.
Baldock. Berge. Norwood. Osborn. Lowe.
McGoldrick McBurnie.

That midfield puts the fear of God into me against Chelsea's. I hope they take this opportunity to rest a few players!

Seriki, Cappello, Brunt, Ndiaye.

Give at least one or two of them a shot. Might at least look hungry, which is more than can be said for at least 8/9 of the current "first team"!

Pack the midfield and try hit them on the break in a 4-5-1:

Ramsdale

Bogle Egan Stevens Lowe

Burke Berge Bash Lunny Osborn

McBurnie

Makes me wince a little bit writing that down but we've got to be so much more solid in the middle. Bash in midfield in the Prem is not something I want to see realistically and Stevens in a defensive two looks ambitious at best. Maybe Robinson or dare I say it, Jagielka, may be better options.

Urgh. Reading that back makes me think to stick to the tried and tested 3-5-2

The lack of quality service coming into the front men was highlighted by one of England best ever strikers. In light of this I think Baldock is the obvious candidate to be replaced

The lack of quality service coming into the front men was highlighted by one of England best ever strikers. In light of this I think Baldock is the obvious candidate to be replaced
Bogle is great getting forward and I think he'll create chances, it's just his defensive skills that worry me!

We need more balls into the box. As much as I love Baldock he’s obsessed with trying to overplay it down the right side, so it’s time to give Bogle a chance.
Also get Norwood back in the team ffs

McBurnie up top with McGoldrick behind - worked a trick against Chelsea post lockdown. We also played a midfield of Berge Norwood Osborn that day, so lets do that again. Rhian on the bench for this one - no point destroying the kid's confidence if it turns into another game where the forwards are starved of possession. Brewster will need a run against some of the "weaker" teams to establish how he fits into our system.
Back line of Baldock (need his defensive strengths and attitude for this one), Bash, Egan, Stevens, Lowe

Give yourselves a pat on the back.

Nat one person named Ampadu with others having to point out he couldn't play 👏😂

For me:

Rammers
Bash. Egan. Stevens.
Baldock. Berge. Norwood. Osborn. Lowe.
McGoldrick Brewster.

Probably get McBurnie on for Brewster to shake them up. Brewster will be glad of the rest once he's finished his hat trick!

Pack the midfield and try hit them on the break in a 4-5-1:

Ramsdale

Bogle Egan Stevens Lowe

Burke Berge Bash Lunny Osborn

McBurnie

Makes me wince a little bit writing that down but we've got to be so much more solid in the middle. Bash in midfield in the Prem is not something I want to see realistically and Stevens in a defensive two looks ambitious at best. Maybe Robinson or dare I say it, Jagielka, may be better options.

Urgh. Reading that back makes me think to stick to the tried and tested 3-5-2

I'll have whatever you've been drinking please! Bring Bogle in for his debut

a) away at Chelsea,
b) in a flat back 4,
c) a relative newcomer in the other full back slot, and
d) with only one recognised CB in a four man defence

I'm all for giving Bogle a chance but not one that could leave him out to dry. I just don't see Baldock being dropped for Chelsea away. West Ham at home maybe.

So this is my expected line up

---------------------Ramsdale-------------------
Baldock - Basham - Egan - Stevens - Osborn
-----------Berge - Norwood - Lundstram------
--------------McBurnie - McGoldrick-----------

Lowe isn't up to speed at all, Osborn faired much better against Liverpool at LWB. Wilder can't have completely disowned Lunny yet given his appearance off the bench last week so can see him starting for this one. And I'm dropping Brewster as we desperately need Didzy back in to get our Wilderball ticking again.

I'll have whatever you've been drinking please! Bring Bogle in for his debut

a) away at Chelsea,
b) in a flat back 4,
c) a relative newcomer in the other full back slot, and
d) with only one recognised CB in a four man defence

I'm all for giving Bogle a chance but not one that could leave him out to dry. I just don't see Baldock being dropped for Chelsea away. West Ham at home maybe.

So this is my expected line up

---------------------Ramsdale-------------------
Baldock - Basham - Egan - Stevens - Osborn
-----------Berge - Norwood - Lundstram------
--------------McBurnie - McGoldrick-----------

Lowe isn't up to speed at all, Osborn faired much better against Liverpool at LWB. Wilder can't have completely disowned Lunny yet given his appearance off the bench last week so can see him starting for this one. And I'm dropping Brewster as we desperately need Didzy back in to get our Wilderball ticking again.
As I say, not pretty when it's written down. I agree we'll probably see Baldock again and I'm pretty much all for it but I felt he was really poor v City. I don't know what sort of message it sends to Bogle if he can't get a game at this point. The CB options make playing a back 4 nigh on impossible. We'll stick with the 3-5-2, just wanted to put something else out there for discussion.

As I say, not pretty when it's written down. I agree we'll probably see Baldock again and I'm pretty much all for it but I felt he was really poor v City. I don't know what sort of message it sends to Bogle if he can't get a game at this point. The CB options make playing a back 4 nigh on impossible. We'll stick with the 3-5-2, just wanted to put something else out there for discussion.

And good on you.

The more I think about it the more I think our attacking failings are down to whichever front pairing we come up with. And going with McBurnie and Brewster who are players that want the ball arriving to them in the box, puts more pressure on the other 8 to carve out good balls into the box. Its the equivalent of the Sharp/McBurnie combo last season. We could all see how our attacking game went downhill in those gameweeks before lockdown. A poacher and a target man doesn't suit Wilder's brand of SUFC football. Pick one or the other, not both. To have both we must include a No 10.

This is why Didzy is key, because he won't sit around the box waiting for something to happen. He will much in, pull defenders out of position and generate better overloads and spaces to generate better quality opportunities.

Even Burke/Mousset in the pairing is an improvement over poacher/TM as they are able to generate the spaces and openings through their running.

So give me any of the following please Chris, nothing else...

Didzy/McBurnie
Didzy/Brewster
Burke/Brewster
Burke/McBurnie

So give me any of the following please Chris, nothing else...

Didzy/McBurnie
Didzy/Brewster
Burke/Brewster
Burke/McBurnie
I do like having one of Brewster/Burke/Mousset on as it instantly puts a bit of fear into opposition defenders knowing one can run in behind. I think we saw at Arsenal what happened when we subbed Burke off and it allowed their back line to instantly push 10-15 yards higher up than they had done all game. To be fair, Didz/McB has also had it's success at times but mainly at home (Spurs and Chelsea spring to mind).

For me it's one of the ones highlighted for an away game against better opposition. Even a Didz/Burke could work.

.................Rambo
.....Bash. Egan. Robinson.
Bogle. Berge. Osborn. Lowe.
.............Mcgoldrick
.......McBurnie......Brewster

Get ready for Brewster's new goalscorer's dance.

Can definitely see Bogle coming in to replace Baldock

I worry about Norwood, I wonder if we’d be better letting Lundstram sit in there? Or even switching to a 4-5-1 and letting Basham sit in.
I agree about norwoods mobility but you’d risk have a midfield with frankly very little guile in the scenario we’d be admitting from minute 1 we’d come for the draw.

It was his 5th every Premier League game and his second ever playing in midfield. (his first was against Liverpool).

I reckon he needs to be cut some slack.

------------Rammers
-----Bash-Egan-Stevens
---Bogle ---------------Lowe
----Lundstram-Berge-Osborn
-------Brewster-Burke-------

New WB's for me, hopefully give us an attacking threat. Burke's looked a good attacking threat so far imo and pace is what we've needed, get him running behind Thiago Silva and we might have a chance (lol can't believe i am writing that!). McB on at 60 mins for Burke. Lunny plays as unfortunately we just cannot afford Norwood in this match

.................Rambo
.....Bash. Egan. Robinson.
Bogle. Berge. Osborn. Lowe.
.............Mcgoldrick
.......McBurnie......Brewster

Get ready for Brewster's new goalscorer's dance.

That left hand side frightens me to death.

It was his 5th every Premier League game and his second ever playing in midfield. (his first was against Liverpool).

I reckon he needs to be cut some slack.

Here here

I’m pretty sure McBurnie will play against a week Chelsea back line
Doesn't matter who it's against if he doesn't get the ball crossed in to him....

Think we should give bogle a chance, as much as I like baldock a the creativity in the side is ZERO.

We have to try something else.

For all the slating Baldock got for his performance against City, and it was poor, he was excellent just one game earlier at Anfield. He's still a good player
I'd never slate the Star man, just think he deserves a rest, he has been ever present for a long while now, and looked tired v Citeh, let him sit on the bench for this one, give Bogle a try, nothing to lose and for once it's looking like the international break is coming just in time!!
Hopefully the lads can read up on "What is a cross into the box??" and "Several ways to put that round thing into that big holey bag thing"!?

Back
Top Bottom