25 man squad (23/24 season)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How about Marsh, Peck, Semiki?, Hackford are they classed as u23/24s

So as it stands we have contracted for next season? (Not involving all the u21s who've not played in the first team) 14.

Grbic

Curtis
Anel
Trusty
Robinson

Slimane
Souza
Hamer
Davies
Brooks
Arblaster

Brewster
Osula
Traore
I'm saying we have 14 but potentially the following could be listed for sale..

Anel
Slimane
Hamer
Souza
Traore

I'm saying we have 14 but potentially the following could be listed for sale..

Anel
Slimane
Hamer
Souza
Traore
You could literally include anyone from this past pre-season.

I mean, we have about 5m fee tied up on Trusty who pretty much nobody has in their mind anything other than back up to JLT.

That’s a fair amount for a bench warmer for us.

So as it stands we have contracted for next season? (Not involving all the u21s who've not played in the first team) 14.

Grbic

Curtis
Anel
Trusty
Robinson

Slimane
Souza
Hamer
Davies
Brooks
Arblaster

Brewster
Osula
Traore
Grbic dodgy , Anel not interested , Trusty poor , Slimane barely played , Souza poor & not interested , Hamer disappointing & looks unhappy , Davies crock , Brewster crock , Traore tiny.
How to assemble a squad for future failure - what a devastating level of incompetence by the club.
Five players under contract who are either reliable (Robinson) or on an upward trajectory , of whom Blaster might get whisked away.
The other nine just make me sigh.
Contrast this with the squad of 2016-20 and you have to wonder what was the point of the Premiership money (£360m ish) in the first place.

Grbic dodgy , Anel not interested , Trusty poor , Slimane barely played , Souza poor & not interested , Hamer disappointing & looks unhappy , Davies crock , Brewster crock , Traore tiny.
How to assemble a squad for future failure - what a devastating level of incompetence by the club.
Five players under contract who are either reliable (Robinson) or on an upward trajectory , of whom Blaster might get whisked away.
The other nine just make me sigh.
Contrast this with the squad of 2016-20 and you have to wonder what was the point of the Premiership money (£360m ish) in the first place.
You worry about the athleticism too.

There should be plenty of players around to add something.

I’d be more than happy if the criteria started at:

1. is he built like a brick shithouse?
2. Can he run 100m in 11 seconds or less?

And that’s just the goalkeeper 🤣

Looking at your two criteria , I seriously question whether the club thought it was signing Adama Traore , not the opposite version who was a one-season wonder like Brewster.
I'm sceptical whether a troop of monkeys could write the complete works of Shakespeare but they could certainly have recruited better players in last two windows than the club I have loved for 55 years.
Which is heartbreaking.
The re-set required this summer is bigger than the incredible one achieved by Harry in '88 - CW has described it as the biggest window for 10 years - that's an understatement which I hope he doesn't believe - most of the recently contracted players need moving on (which of them have improved themselves since the day they arrived ?) , many of the out-of-contract old guard should not be renewed (some well-loved guys are now on their downward trajectory) and a new cohesive unit with the right attitude needs blending from scratch.
A lot is going to depend on whether he can entice the desired players (quality & personality) by making them believe in the club's ability to rise from the ashes of this season.
It can be done , look at Ipswich.

And starting with the goalkeeper they'd better have him doing plenty of plyometrics this summer. I have never seen a 'top level' keeper with as little strength and spring in their legs. When he dives he gets no push whatsoever, it's like he just falls to the ground.

And starting with the goalkeeper they'd better have him doing plenty of plyometrics this summer. I have never seen a 'top level' keeper with as little strength and spring in their legs. When he dives he gets no push whatsoever, it's like he just falls to the ground.
There were two players round the corner at Rovrum and we contrived to ignore both whilst signing Gbric & tiny Traore

Back
Top Bottom