25 man squad (23/24 season)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I thought Auston Trusty was a fantastic name to begin with, but to add Levi-Jesaiah as a middle name into the mix puts the cherry on top.

Apparently, you can’t leave players out of the 25 man squad even if they are injured…not sure I understand why or how that works. But it effectively means that you can’t deliberately leave players out of the squad to pick up out of contract players.

So, to answer my own question, No our long term injured aren’t necessarily going to make a comeback before Xmas, but we have to include them in the squad.

Bizzare

Apparently, you can’t leave players out of the 25 man squad even if they are injured…not sure I understand why or how that works. But it effectively means that you can’t deliberately leave players out of the squad to pick up out of contract players.

So, to answer my own question, No our long term injured aren’t necessarily going to make a comeback before Xmas, but we have to include them in the squad.

Bizzare

It would be nice if the star said what the rule actually is. It seems to say there is an obscure PL rule preventing teams from leaving out players so they can get others in. I've never heard of this one. Has anyone told Forest?

Just seen Luton have signed Townsend when i didn't think PL clubs could sign anyone till Janaury. Guessing if you don't fill the 25 spots you can still sign free agents? Always thought you had to fill the 25 spaces.

So we filled our 25 man squad with players like RND, Osborn and Lowe who are long term injuries instead of looking at frees...

It would be nice if the star said what the rule actually is. It seems to say there is an obscure PL rule preventing teams from leaving out players so they can get others in. I've never heard of this one. Has anyone told Forest?
Are you incapable of reading?

‘But an obscure Premier League rule prevents clubs from omitting players from their 25-man squad to leave space for potential additions. Players essentially must be named if they are over 21, even if they are injured, up to the 25-man limit.’

What is the precise difference between our named 25 man squad and Luton's named 25 man squad that allows them to add to theirs (26 players now?) but we can't add to ours?
It's probably obvious but I'm a bit daft.

What is the precise difference between our named 25 man squad and Luton's named 25 man squad that allows them to add to theirs (26 players now?) but we can't add to ours?
It's probably obvious but I'm a bit daft.
To be honest, it's not really clear to anybody.

I always thought you had to register a squad on a certain date (25 players or less) and that's your lot till Janaury.

Therefore we included injured players as we couldn't sign anyone now and the spaces needed filling.

what do I know?

To be honest, it's not really clear to anybody.

I always thought you had to register a squad on a certain date (25 players or less) and that's your lot till Janaury.

Therefore we included injured players as we couldn't sign anyone now and the spaces needed filling.

what do I know?
Could the reason be that Luton didn’t register 25 man squad by the deadline as they have under 21 players to supplement their squad and we have 25 players registered with the club who are over 21 .. only excuse I can think of .

Nah, I think it's just Danny Hall farming clicks - Luton have 24 registered players according this PL page:

I was just going to put that - smart planning or luck from Luton?!
Us having a 25 man squad with around 11 semi-permanently injured senior/contracted players on long term injuries is really not helping matters.
It's been like this for 2 years.
We need a new start with a fresh healthier squad.

I was just going to put that - smart planning or luck from Luton?!
Us having a 25 man squad with around 11 semi-permanently injured senior/contracted players on long term injuries is really not helping matters.
It's been like this for 2 years.
We need a new start with a fresh healthier squad.
But still, it doesn't explain why Luton can add Townsend to their squad now.

We were able to add Tom Davies to the squad as he was out of contract, but there's still the deadline (September 13th) for naming the squads. 🤷‍♂️

Luton's own site 14th Sep literally says we have submitted our 25 man squad list to the Premier League and the Premier League site also shows Luton Town, 25 players ,but the lists only contain 24 players. That explains it. It's age related. Over 21's only in the 25 (24) man squad.
When I tried to count up I got to
25 players but I must admit I counted one player as two players initially as he has seven names and it went over two lines on the list.

Luton's own site 14th Sep literally says we have submitted our 25 man squad list to the Premier League and the Premier League site also shows Luton Town, 25 players ,but the lists only contain 24 players. That explains it. It's age related. Over 21's only in the 25 (24) man squad.
When I tried to count up I got to
25 players but I must admit I counted one player as two players initially as he has seven names and it went over two lines on the list.
I think the website is confusing...it says "25 squad players" for all clubs, even though several only have around 20, e.g. Brighton:

1697118327862.png
Luton's is clearly 24 in the pdf linked:
1697118406152.png
Maybe 25 man squad is just the terminology they use whether or not you actually use the full 25 or not?

So it's begs the question.. why did we name 25 players when a few were out for months?

Must've been no money for more signings is the only answer.

Wes/Davies/Amissah

Baldock/Bogle
Anel/Basham
Egan
Robinson/Trusty
Thomas/Lowe/Larouci/RND

Norwood/Davies
Souza/Slimane
Hamer/Osborn
McAtee/Fleck

Archer/Brewster
McBurnie/Traore
Osula/Jebbison

This is how I see our squad looking for the next four months in each position. (First names been picked so far) Be interesting to see who's not included, 27 players there but some will be u21s anyway.

Anyone know when this is confirmed?
Wonder if CW will be bombing some of these out? Well he'll need too for new signings. Also Basham I can't see being named.

Definitely need to let a few go. The following players didn't make the squad (20) Tuesday and have been fit.

Amissah
Thomas
Larouci
Coulibaly
Fleck
Traore
Jebbison?

Definitely need to let a few go. The following players didn't make the squad (20) Tuesday and have been fit.

Amissah
Thomas
Larouci
Coulibaly
Fleck
Traore
Jebbison?

I expect we will loan Traore out and Amissah.

Not sure Wilder is fussed about the rest especially Jebbo if he won't sign a new deal. I expect the loaned left backs will be sent back early.

15 out of contract
3 loans
Archer

So potentially losing 19 players this summer.
(As it stands)

Presumably we've submitted a revised 25 man squad. Thomas going back freed up a space but Traoré was classed as an U21 so didn't take up a space; we've made three senior signings who all need to be registered.

In: Ivo Grbic, Mason Holgate, Ben Brereton Diaz
Out: Luke Thomas, Chris Basham?, Adam Davies?

Making an assumption on Davies as Amissah was named as the sub keeper on Saturday; Basham is the obvious one as he's not going to be playing any time soon.

Presumably we've submitted a revised 25 man squad. Thomas going back freed up a space but Traoré was classed as an U21 so didn't take up a space; we've made three senior signings who all need to be registered.

In: Ivo Grbic, Mason Holgate, Ben Brereton Diaz
Out: Luke Thomas, Chris Basham?, Adam Davies?

Making an assumption on Davies as Amissah was named as the sub keeper on Saturday; Basham is the obvious one as he's not going to be playing any time soon.
You forgot Fleck and Coulibaly 😁

So I'm guessing Basham and Egan will still be registered.

In:
Grbic
Holgate
Diaz

Out:
Thomas
Coulibaly
Fleck

Last edited:
So as it stands we have contracted for next season? (Not involving all the u21s who've not played in the first team) 14.

Grbic

Curtis
Anel
Trusty
Robinson

Slimane
Souza
Hamer
Davies
Brooks
Arblaster

Brewster
Osula
Traore

So as it stands we have contracted for next season? (Not involving all the u21s who've not played in the first team) 14.

Grbic

Curtis
Anel
Trusty
Robinson

Slimane
Souza
Hamer
Davies
Brooks
Arblaster

Brewster
Osula
Traore
Need another 2 keepers

2 CB’s to push Robinson and Trusty (Anel will go)

Some wing backs/full backs on either side

Souza will go so we need a ‘number 6’, if Davies’ fitness is a concern then another CM as well to compete with Hamer and Arblaster.

Also need someone creative to replace the MGW/Ndiaye/McAtee sized hole

Some strikers, Brewster, Osula and Traore don’t fill me with confidence at all that they can score the goals needed to be a half decent Championship side and none of them have any ‘wow factor’ at all.

Back
Top Bottom