Sharp swap deal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Foxy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Rumour has it, we've offered Leeds Billy Sharp in an exchange deal for Beckford.

• Admin
Do you think he'd want to goto Leeds??
As a Blade I know I wouldn't

He needs football and hasn't exactly had a glorious return to the lane.

I think it could benifit both players here.
Sharp needs his football, while Beckford probably needs to play at a higher level.

One difference- Sharp would dominate that league, as hes done before.. meanwhile Beckford would fail. Hes too cocky. I'd give him a chance though.. but any of the cocky "what shirt am i wearin bruv" without him actually contributing then thats it..

• Admin
I know, but it's Leeds!!!!

Would you want to play for them?
I'd be happy to take their money but i'd feel dirty everytime I pulled the shirt on.

If I was already contracted to United, I'd bust a gut to get in the first team and make sure the manager knew how much I loved the club/wanted to play for them.

If I was elsewhere not getting a game, i'd consider it.

You don't have to like the team you play for, if you hate them, you'd use the opportunity to impress others :)

Said it elsewhere - Beckford's not good enough for a team pushing for automatic promotion to the Prem. And Billy would be better off taking a years loan to a lower Champ side - he's proven he's too good for Div 1. Best for the club as a whole would be Billy for Delph.

Sharp hasn't performed for us so Beckford is definitely worth a try.

I've watched Beckford alot, and know a few Leeds fans who have watched Beckford alot, and he's not good enough for this level.

He's greedy, only has one foot and doesn't work hard enough. Defenders in this league would sniff him out too easily.

EDIT: If we were getting anyone from League One, the only one worth going for is Simon Cox.

Well he scores alot and knows where the back of the net is which is something our Billy has been missing, got nothing to lose in my opinion.

Well he scores alot and knows where the back of the net is which is something our Billy has been missing, got nothing to lose in my opinion.

That's true, but so did Sharp in that league, and Fryatt.

Both have done nothing in this league when they've been given plenty of opportunities.

That's true, but so did Sharp in that league, and Fryatt.

Both have done nothing in this league when they've been given plenty of opportunities.

The point being is Beckford hasn't had the opportunity yet.

You may be right and he might not be good enough but no one will ever know until he's given the chance.

Our gert says she wundn't swap a pair of her shoes for Billy !

Sorry Billy i know yer a Blade. :(

I'd prefer to loan sharp out, he needs to regain the goalscoring confidence! He's got it in there somewhere look at the start of the season.
Beckford is a gamble it could turn out fantastic or it could end in disaster! However we need to gamble on these opportunitys! Otherwise we will never know.
Also would be great to annoy the Leeds fans, my how the tables have changed. M1 was previously used as a ticket for united players to Leeds. Role reversal or what!

word is that leeds will be bringing in Mifsud as replacement for beckford, so in a comparison between sharp and mifsud, despite sharps record at that level, mifsud is the better striker. Has pace which is something that sharp lacks

If Leeds lose Beckford they will sign Jermaine Easter. Mark my words.

championship has been a fall ground for strikers who couldn't quite make the step,
Greenacre,tyson, sharpe( altough i think sharpe also creates alot I'd like to see his cross count and asist ratios) what strikers have made the grade from lower outfits their must be some?

not sure about beckford for sharpe,dont yer think we will have a like for like,in terms of beckford movin up a league then when he does not bang the goals in, he is warming the bench all season,just like sharpey, and why was,nt billy sharpe brought on at wembly as he was fit but obviously had no match practice.still if we had rooney and drogba on we would,nt have scored as there was,nt any service to the strikers

I think that's one of the reasons sharp hasn't done as well, he didn't seem to get the same service as he had at scunny. Personally I thought the tactics was more of a "get it to B T asap" Ive seen it with many of our strike partnerships!
Wardy get it to Hendo
Sharp to BT
Whoever to stead
Whoever to hulse

It just seems that way to me, in otherwords get it to the big signing. Seems wrong to me, I think every striker should go for it! Be more greedy but not webber-get-it-too-many-lost-it too greedy lol.

I think the same would happen with beckford

My opinion, just looks that way to me.

Just heard beckford could be on his way to hull for £4 million.
Seems extremley overpriced for a lg1 player!

Back
Top Bottom