CONFIRMED Jamal Blackman signs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

This is him. He played for us.

sheffield-wednesday-footballer-terry-curran-decked-out-in-the-teams-er6e48.jpg

Shudder..he always looked a gormless twat. Apparently he thought himself a bit if a ladies man back in his day....must have been a fair few village bikes or blind women knockin about in town those days. I could catch syphilis and my cock and ball bag would still be better looking than Currant Bun.

Great post but just to be a bit pedantic, it was more than 2 men who got us promoted, they couldn't have done it if they all weren't pulling in the same direction.

i just meant the 2 men who will have the final say on who they want to sign, i dont doubt mitchell and everyone else contribution for one second

Looks alright to me.

Me too. Fantastically quick reactions, possibly the greatest asset any goalkeeper can ever have (see Alan Hodkinson and Alan Kelly ) and, without wanting to ruffle too many feathers, one which Simon Moore is not overly blessed with.

Me too. Fantastically quick reactions, possibly the greatest asset any goalkeeper can ever have (see Alan Hodkinson and Alan Kelly ) and, without wanting to ruffle too many feathers, one which Simon Moore is not overly blessed with.

Stands big, I like that.

. That's Blackmans " best saves " from his Wycombe season. In a 3 min video there's about 10 saves. Shows more goals going past him . And A lot of shots being parried straight back in to danger

He was their young player of the year

Crazy post. We can't go into the season with an injured Moore and Eastwood.

It's alright saying he did enough in a couple of friendlies... (and I thought he looked pretty good to be fair) But the way some people are going off about this lad already... coupled with the fucking disgraceful way people ended Longs united career... it's mental to even consider it as an option!

The person who ended Longs career was Long himself? I don't mean to argue but I don't understand your point here.

Crazy post. We can't go into the season with an injured Moore and Eastwood.

It's alright saying he did enough in a couple of friendlies... (and I thought he looked pretty good to be fair) But the way some people are going off about this lad already... coupled with the fucking disgraceful way people ended Longs united career... it's mental to even consider it as an option!
We've brought in a keeper who's only experience is in league 2.
You're talking like we've brought in a lad with 100 premiership starts to his name.
Against Stoke and Rotherham Eastwood kept coming out and claiming the ball in the air against two absolute giants.
His distribution is fast and effective. He kicks really Well, sounded very vocal and commanding, shot off his line and stopped a one on one and stopped a couple of shots against the best player I've seen at the Lane in the last 3 or 4 years. Yep, I'd happily start him ahead of this Wycomb lad for a couple of games until Moore returns.
Do I really need sectioning?

You're talking like we've brought in a lad with 100 premiership starts to his name.
Against Stoke and Rotherham Eastwood kept coming out and claiming the ball in the air against two absolute giants.
His distribution is fast and effective. He kicks really Well, sounded very vocal and commanding, shot off his line and stopped a one on one and stopped a couple of shots against the best player I've seen at the Lane in the last 3 or 4 years. Yep, I'd happily start him ahead of this Wycomb lad for a couple of games until Moore returns.

Yes your opinion is based on 180 minutes of viewing. CW opinion is based on a years worth of training / reserve games / U18 games. The advice of Ward who has more experience in that department.

As football fans we are entitled to our opinion, but we also must respect the advice of professionals who actually know what they are doing.

If CW came onto a building site and started saying do this so that he's allowed an opinion but everyone would be like who is this guy he knows nothing. He may fluke the occasional thing but overall you'd rather listen to the site foreman with 20 years experience who's done it daily.

Yes your opinion is based on 180 minutes of viewing. CW opinion is based on a years worth of training / reserve games / U18 games. The advice of Ward who has more experience in that department.

As football fans we are entitled to our opinion, but we also must respect the advice of professionals who actually know what they are doing.

If CW came onto a building site and started saying do this so that he's allowed an opinion but everyone would be like who is this guy he knows nothing. He may fluke the occasional thing but overall you'd rather listen to the site foreman with 20 years experience who's done it daily.
Ok fair enough.

Surprised at this signing a proven championship keeper was an essential signing imo.. could cost us a few points

Ok, I'll give you two more then - Dean Hammond and Jay McEvely.

Now do you understand where Bert's coming from ?

To a point yes. But the are Blades. I'll support them always. I may think they're are rubbish but booing and jeering won't help.

Regardless, Blackman will get my full backing despite my reservations.

No. We will stay up. I'm not doubting that . Just doubting the signing

Considering that it's called best saves, and actualy a lot of the video is clumsy goal keeping errors yes

Which clumsy errors?
From my view, he looked big and strong, brave, and prepared to challenge for the high ball with the striker. Some good reaction saves.
This lad is 6/6. He's a very imposing figure in the goal, and I suspect saves many penalties. Add to that when a striker is in front of goal and about to shoot, seeing such a big bloke will instinctively look to be more precise and aim more for the corners of the goal, reducing their margin for error.
So just being huge will cause strikers to miss the target more often.

I have little doubt about his ability between the sticks. I have seen nothing more than the video. I'm basing my theory on the fact he's just got a new Chelsea contract, and our manager and assistant made him their top target.
Only thing that hasn't been shown much is his kicking. I hope he's good with the ball at his feet.

FFS let's just give this new lad a chance!. Wilder has the ability along with his coaching staff to get the best out of any players he decides to bring in!!. Wilder has already shown that he knows what he's doing!. I M O.

Sorry crazy was a little strong :)

My point was going into this season not knowing how long Moore is out for... with 'only a kid' to play would be something that would quickly become the new McCabes a disgrace excuse for people to moan at. I know Blackman has 'only' played 50 or so games but people are already moaning at that so taking a gamble on Eastwood for me is taking too much of a risk. Especially when our start to this season is so important.

If Eastwood had been out and played 50 games in league 2 it would be a different story.

The person who ended Longs career was Long himself? I don't mean to argue but I don't understand your point here.

I knew I shouldn't have mentioned Long :)

But my point was... our lot are unforgiving... you'd like to think we'd give him a little bit of break...

But we don't... Eastwood is a young kid that we have no idea how he'll react to a mistake... where as we know how 'the kop' will react. They'd break him and we'd end up needing to bring that small child in for a game who was warming up v stoke.

Sorry crazy was a little strong :)

My point was going into this season not knowing how long Moore is out for... with 'only a kid' to play would be something that would quickly become the new McCabes a disgrace excuse for people to moan at. I know Blackman has 'only' played 50 or so games but people are already moaning at that so taking a gamble on Eastwood for me is taking too much of a risk. Especially when our start to this season is so important.

If Eastwood had been out and played 50 games in league 2 it would be a different story.

You and I don't know. I bet Wilder, Knill and others have a bit of an idea. Opinions on this signing, supporters form these with lots of conjecture and assumption and very little fact. I can assume, with little information I have, that 3 keepers was the aim for this season. Maybe the plan all along was this lad plus a more experienced keeper, but the form and quality of Eastwood has made their day and plans have changed. Maybe this guy is seen as ready to step up to the next level and challenge to be No.1. I'm surmising much of that, it might all be bollocks, it might be Wilder wants to use funds available to strengthen other areas, it might be the price for Leonard, Lenihan or others is more than anticipated and he's compromising with keepers to fund what for him is a bigger priority. Again, we don't know, but few clubs can just sign who they want, when they want, it needs managing and Wilder, Knill et al seems to hit rather than miss in this area.

The lad may stand up strong from the word go ...... Moore may not kick a ball in anger all Season, sat on the Bench

Jamal may be Tufty's Deano ..................................

This is him. He played for us.

sheffield-wednesday-footballer-terry-curran-decked-out-in-the-teams-er6e48.jpg

I'm surprised we haven't built a statue to him in the car park....

Re Blackman, as I said yesterday I've seen him play youth team games. You see him with the other players and he's huge. You think "how are they going to score past this guy?". He certainly has physical presence. Hopefully that translates to Championship football.

Back
Top Bottom