Incoming? Troy Deeney

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'd have him, what's people's problem ?

Hes 32 (2 yrs ounger than Sharp)
scored 10 goals in an injury hit season for a side that went down (4 more than our highest scorer) and has 5 years Premier League experience.

Hes got a physical presence and doesn't appear to be a player who tosses it off so we'd get a proper trier too. On a year's loan what's not to like ?

What's the problem, our problem last season was we couldn't counter attack anyone as our strikers are too slow except mousset and signing him well wouldn't solve our problem

If this is the pond we're fishing in would rather have had Glenn Murray.

Don't see what he offers us what we don't already have?

If we could bring Deeney in as our domestic loan and then get Dennis in on a foreign loan with a view to buy then i would be more than happy with this.
Deeney would be a solid option to have available but not at the expense of a pacey option.

My Watford supporting mate said that in his view it would be a bad move (and a good one for Watford) as Deeney’s legs have gone and he doesn’t provide enough movement to get in behind the defence - he’d slow us down.

I suppose it is difficult to get any slower than we already are, but that does not fill me with confidence.

My Watford supporting mate said that in his view it would be a bad move (and a good one for Watford) as Deeney’s legs have gone and he doesn’t provide enough movement to get in behind the defence - he’d slow us down.

I suppose it is difficult to get any slower than we already are, but that does not fill me with confidence.
I don't know if Deeney would be an upgrade on Sharp tbh. Both good goal poachers but if had to choose one would still keep Billy.

Won’t be Deeney for a few reasons.

He doesn’t fit the club target with regard age and value.
Deeney has a young family and believe one of his kids as health issues so can’t see him moving north for a year, and can’t see him travelling.
He’s at an age where injuries are Becoming more of a problem for him.

So I’m confident it won’t be Deeney.

Too slow, too old, too similar to Billy and too much in wages for an 'off the bench' option.

I wouldn't. Given the outlay already, if this was a years loan I'd be happy. Then next summer with another years prem money we can go out and get the big striker

Each to their own.

I cant stand Deeney, hes old, heavy, cant break quickly. A bang average linkman now, who likes his penalties.

45k a week hes on too. It would be an utterly pointless signing.

Each to their own.

I cant stand Deeney, hes old, heavy, cant break quickly. A bang average linkman now, who likes his penalties.

45k a week hes on too. It would be an utterly pointless signing.
I don’t really want him but when I think of the long balls we had to play last season to Didsy and McB, I do think we’d get more joy from them if they were being aimed at Deeney.

I don’t really want him but when I think of the long balls we had to play last season to Didsy and McB, I do think we’d get more joy from them if they were being aimed at Deeney.

I personally don't agree with that. I remember far more times of our strikers having to chase aimless long balls than it bouncing off them.

Back
Top Bottom