Incoming? Troy Deeney

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Agree with a lot of what you've said. I personally visit spoons (sheaf island) for a cheap breakfast and a good few pints before the 2 minute stroll to the lane, can't fault it at all.

I think a lot of people have an image of somewhere like bankers draft when they think about a spoons, definitely one to avoid (Think it's more to do with the area it's in).
Not uncommon to have junkies/shoplifters popping in to try and get some dosh for their next fix.

Even the Bankers and the Huntsman are fine by me - if Costa Fortune and Starfucks are for you then fine, but only Spoons right in the middle of town will do you as much Lavazza as you can drink for around a quid.

Been in some great 'spoons pubs all over the country, always a great choice of beers on.

Great one in Exeter called "The Meeting House", lovely big old building, great beers and food.

I went to one in Dundee ("The Counting House", an old bank), had some good beers and noticed they had one on for 99p a pint (I think it was Boddingtons, which you never see anywhere these days), it had a "99p, all day, everyday" sign on the handle, so I asked a young lass behind the bar if it was really that price all the time, "yes", she replied.

I said that was great and she looked at me and said, "we open at 9am every morning, and there is a queue of people waiting to come in and start buying that, can you imagine the sort of people I mean?", and she sort of shrugged her shoulders and walked away.

Short termism....but if we can’t get who we want to buy ...Deeney and Pukki loans would do me ...keep us up ...establish another year in prem ...then kick in with more money in the bank ...

If i was a betting man,i would have a few quid on Deeney being the striker that Wilder is confident of getting,probably a one year loan deal.He would be a sensible acquisition,i’m sure he would get the goals that we are looking for,better than taking a risk on an unproven premier league goal scorer.

There’s a lot of pretentious arrogant twats on here who post shit about Wetherspoons without being able to spell it.

Spoons sell good beer and decent food at a price normal folk can afford. The evidence for this is the fact that they have been opening new boozers across the country while others have closed in their thousands.

Find me a nicer place than Francis Newton to have a good beer and a meal looking over a nice garden before a stroll downhill to the Lane.

Find me a better place than Sheaf Island for a cheap couple of Jaipurs in a pub full of singing Blades before a Sheffield derby.

If you don’t like it don’t go - but don’t talk down to those who enjoy it. Plenty of our first team been seen having a good time in Sheaf Island.

The Twelve Tellers in Preston was a brilliant pre-match stop.

IIRC it was there we had some incredible blueberry beer. Gorgeous it was

If i was a betting man,i would have a few quid on Deeney being the striker that Wilder is confident of getting,probably a one year loan deal.He would be a sensible acquisition,i’m sure he would get the goals that we are looking for,better than taking a risk on an unproven premier league goal scorer.
He's also keen on Wetherspoons😉

Been in some great 'spoons pubs all over the country, always a great choice of beers on.

Great one in Exeter called "The Meeting House", lovely big old building, great beers and food.

I went to one in Dundee ("The Counting House", an old bank), had some good beers and noticed they had one on for 99p a pint (I think it was Boddingtons, which you never see anywhere these days), it had a "99p, all day, everyday" sign on the handle, so I asked a young lass behind the bar if it was really that price all the time, "yes", she replied.

I said that was great and she looked at me and said, "we open at 9am every morning, and there is a queue of people waiting to come in and start buying that, can you imagine the sort of people I mean?", and she sort of shrugged her shoulders and walked away.
I imagine a lot of them look like Barry Bannan.

Definitley not hes too old too injury prone and has too much of a big mouth plus he'll be on what our top earners are on

Definitley not hes too old too injury prone and has too much of a big mouth plus he'll be on what our top earners are on
It's pointing that way, season long loan, it's seems were not going to buy another striker in this window anyway so that rules out Brewster and Dennis.

Just look at the age of the players we've signed (excluding Jags) since we've joined the prem, not a chance we sign Deeney. Given the age of Sharp & Didzy too

It's pointing that way, season long loan, it's seems were not going to buy another striker in this window anyway so that rules out Brewster and Dennis.

Brewster can be loan Dennis has been touted as view to a permanent aswell

I'd have him, what's people's problem ?

Hes 32 (2 yrs ounger than Sharp)
scored 10 goals in an injury hit season for a side that went down (4 more than our highest scorer) and has 5 years Premier League experience.

Hes got a physical presence and doesn't appear to be a player who tosses it off so we'd get a proper trier too. On a year's loan what's not to like ?

IT'S A NO FROM ME.

But I do like Weatherspoons though. Decent ale mostly, decent scran, both at good prices. Not all spoons are dives and the haunt of society's dregs, as anyone who has been in The Benjamin Huntsman on Cambridge Street before a highbrow concert at the City Hall will attest.

Well played right-wing Tim. 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Last edited:
As Wilder himself said, improving us up top was a priority so this would make no sense at all. Burke and Deeney are the signings of a Championship club. Spend £20m+ on a good, young mobile striker ffs.

I'd have him, what's people's problem ?

Hes 32 (2 yrs ounger than Sharp)
scored 10 goals in an injury hit season for a side that went down (4 more than our highest scorer) and has 5 years Premier League experience.

Hes got a physical presence and doesn't appear to be a player who tosses it off so we'd get a proper trier too. On a year's loan what's not to like ?

Yep. I find the reaction odd.

I’d also have him. If he can stay fit I reckon him and McBurnie would be a decent pairing and then we have good back up for them on the bench.

While I’d prefer to see someone else, a bit surprised given the reactions on the Pukki thread that this is being viewed as negatively as it is.

No Pace, Very little ball carrying capabilities, recent injury issues. Good penalty taker (would be good if we got some of these in the first place). He brings nothing to the club that we don't already have.

Back
Top Bottom