CONFIRMED Jamal Blackman signs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Let's think about Moore in this situation. He finally gets the chance to prove himself at the Championship level, only then to get injured, we then sign a keeper in Blackman with great pedigree on loan who might go on to keep the number one jersey all season, all this whilst the man who helped us here sits in the stands watching. Moore is a top bloke who deserves all the platitudes he gets and will hopefully go on to big things with either us or anyone else after this minor setback, preferably us obviously.

It's basically a huge thanks to Moore and good luck to Blackman without creating another thread.

Football really does have its highs and lows, whether that be anyone to do with a club or the fans themselves but like every other aspect in life you just have to get on with it.
Yep it's a classic Wilder move,he's loyal but not sentimental the club comes 1st ,that's the kind of ruthless attitude you need to be a winner .I'm sure Moore will fight for the shirt when fit ,that will be good for the team competition for the shirt all over the pitch

. That's Blackmans " best saves " from his Wycombe season. In a 3 min video there's about 10 saves. Shows more goals going past him . And A lot of shots being parried straight back in to danger

Yep it's a classic Wilder move,he's loyal but not sentimental the club comes 1st ,that's the kind of ruthless attitude you need to be a winner .I'm sure Moore will fight for the shirt when fit ,that will be good for the team competition for the shirt all over the pitch
Exactly my point finners, whatever's good for the club is good for me.

Considering that it's called best saves, and actualy a lot of the video is clumsy goal keeping errors yes

ill just prefer to see what he can do before i doubt him on the strength of a video, i would presume our management duo have seen a lot more videos of him than you have and they have not got a lot wrong have they

Why is it the Wilder and correct way?
Have you seen Eastwood in the friendlies?
If you mean the Stoke game yes I was there. Eastwood did okay, well even, but one performance in a friendly is not going to convince Wilder to keep him in for the Brentford game. Blackman played league football all last year and has just signed a 4 yr deal at Chelsea on supposedly £13k per week. If you think he's coming to be 3rd choice behind Eastwood I think you are going to be disappointed. UTB

Biography from Chelsea FC site

Six-foot-six-inch Jamal Blackman joined the Academy at Under-13s and has developed into an England youth international.

He was ever-present in the FA Youth Cup-winning campaign of 2011/12, during which he put in some outstanding performances and made crucial penalty saves.

As well as 19 youth team games in 2011/12, he made 11 reserve appearances and trained frequently with the first team keepers. He also took part in the first team's summer tour to the USA in the summer of 2012.

He spent the majority of the 2012/13 campaign as the first-choice Under-21s' goalkeeper when not involved with first-team preparations. He again went on the club’s pre-season tours in 2013, to Asia and America, playing 45 minutes of our games in Bangkok, Jakarta and Washington D.C, during which time he did not concede a goal.

He played in both the semi-final and final of our Under-21 Premier League play-off success in the 2013/14 season, making two decisive saves in the penalty shoot-out victory against Manchester City in the first of those games.

Blackman signed a new five-year contract at Stamford Bridge in June 2014. On the following transfer deadline day he moved on loan to Middlesbrough until January 2015 where his one appearance, his debut in first-team football, was a remarkable one.

A Capital One Cup tie at Liverpool ended with the joint highest-scoring penalty contest in English professional football. Blackman saved a penalty from Raheem Sterling and also scored one as both goalkeepers were required to take a kick. Liverpool eventually prevailed 14-13.

With Mark Schwarzer leaving Chelsea at the start of January 2015, Blackman returned to be the third keeper in the first-team squad, but with the experienced Marco Amelia signed as cover when Thibaut Courtois was injured later that year, Jamal was allowed to leave on loan in March 2016. He joined Swedish top-flight side Ostersunds FK where he played 12 games prior to the end of the loan period in May.

Then in August 2016, he moved to League Two side Wycombe Wanderers on loan for the first half of the season where his good form helped the Chairboys climb the table.

The loan was extended to the end of the campaign on 1 January 2017 which meant Blackman was in goal for a dramatic FA Cup tie at Tottenham. He pulled off some notable saves and his side were going through 3-2 until the 89th minute but eventually lost in added time. He made 52 appearances for Wycombe, keeping 17 clean sheets, and picked up the club's Young Player of the Year award.

It was announced in July 2017 that he would be continuing his development on loan at Championship side Sheffield United, and he also signed a new contract at Chelsea until 2021.

INTERNATIONAL
Blackman has represented England at Under-16, Under-17, Under-18 and Under-19 level, making his debut for the oldest age group in October 2011. He was called up to the England Under-21 squad for the first time in August 2014.

http://www.chelseafc.com/teams/on-loan-players/jamal-blackman.html

Looking at that vid his arms are so long that he gets 2 hands to the ball when most keepers could only reach with one. That creates a much stronger base and the ball goes away much further.

But nobody has commented on the most important moment in the vid -and obviously the reason we signed him. He scored a penalty in a shoot out! Wembley ghosts can be laid! Simmo will be history.

Magic - Black Magic!

If you mean the Stoke game yes I was there. Eastwood did okay, well even, but one performance in a friendly is not going to convince Wilder to keep him in for the Brentford game. Blackman played league football all last year and has just signed a 4 yr deal at Chelsea on supposedly £13k per week. If you think he's coming to be 3rd choice behind Eastwood I think you are going to be disappointed. UTB
He was even better at Rotherham.
He's not on as much money and he's not linked to a huge European club but he did enough for me to get a shot for the few games Moore will miss.
If we brought in a 28 year old experienced keeper then fair enough but he's played in Sweeden and league too, like I said Eastwood did enough for me.
We'll see. Being 6'6" will help him I suppose.

That's Blackmans " best saves " from his Wycombe season.

No it isn't. It was uploaded in December so not even halfway through the season and is just some highlight clips.

Don't let facts get in the way of you taking any opportunity to slag the club off though eh?

Seen him play a few games for Boro and he looked good. think he's been seen as a bright prospect for chelsea but playing behind Cech and Courtouis isn't going to get him much first team experience is it. Having said that he's been on the books for Chelsea for a while so they must see a future in him.

Not keen on how small he makes himself when it comes to near post shots which is concerning and his handling looks hit and miss

I don't know if its been mentioned before but don't forget Arthur Wharton, runner, goalkeeper, coal-miner etc. etc. he's buried in Edlo I believe .....

article-2680814-1F60F83700000578-953_306x562.jpg

and actually I thought it would be fun if we'd had Blackman and Whiteman playing in the same side when there was a rumour that Nick B. was possibly returning.

He was even better at Rotherham.
He's not on as much money and he's not linked to a huge European club but he did enough for me to get a shot for the few games Moore will miss.
If we brought in a 28 year old experienced keeper then fair enough but he's played in Sweeden and league too, like I said Eastwood did enough for me.
We'll see. Being 6'6" will help him I suppose.
Crazy post. We can't go into the season with an injured Moore and Eastwood.

It's alright saying he did enough in a couple of friendlies... (and I thought he looked pretty good to be fair) But the way some people are going off about this lad already... coupled with the fucking disgraceful way people ended Longs united career... it's mental to even consider it as an option!

Barely. Know the name. Too young to see him play.

This is him. He played for us.

sheffield-wednesday-footballer-terry-curran-decked-out-in-the-teams-er6e48.jpg

the thing is i dont worry about any wilder signings for the simple reason he aint too stubborn to rectify any errors he makes, was not too stubborn to give coutts and freeman another go, was not too stubborn to bin hussey, if this kid ends up being a gem like most of his signings great, but if he dont cut it, he will soon be replaced, there aint a manager in the world who gets every one right, its how you put it right, so lets give the kid a fucking chance shall we and trust in the 2 men who got us promoted at a canter

Will be decent cover for Moore but I wouldn't want him playing week in week out.

I'd rather have some experience between the sticks but as I say, good cover.
Erm dont think he is cover as our goalie out injured...a good signing and if he plays well as our boss will expect "thats why he's signed him" im sure he has the ability to keep his place in the team. COYRAWW

the thing is i dont worry about any wilder signings for the simple reason he aint too stubborn to rectify any errors he makes, was not too stubborn to give coutts and freeman another go, was not too stubborn to bin hussey, if this kid ends up being a gem like most of his signings great, but if he dont cut it, he will soon be replaced, there aint a manager in the world who gets every one right, its how you put it right, so lets give the kid a fucking chance shall we and trust in the 2 men who got us promoted at a canter
Great post but just to be a bit pedantic, it was more than 2 men who got us promoted, they couldn't have done it if they all weren't pulling in the same direction.

Back
Top Bottom