CONFIRMED Jamal Blackman signs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not good enough sorry but he isn't...our young keeper is better and Moore thankfully is in goal now
Taking the piss aren’t you?

Jake Eastwood is nowhere near as good as Blackman.

Moore is up for debate but deserves the short at the minute.

I'm guessing you know the answer LJB, what is it and why do you ask?

I don't know it actually but given our recent record I'd suggest that things haven't exactly got any better for us since Moore returned to the team. Now I know that this isn't Moore's fault particularly but he certainly hasn't been any better than Blackman was during the first part of the season.

For what it's worth I think both Moore and Blackman are good enough.

Eastwood has surprised me how good he has been this season, both in the pre season games, and the league cup.

But he is still behind Moore and Blackman, made a huge error for the U23s on Monday in the last minute.

A loan would be beneficial, longer than Chesterfield this time!

I don't know it actually but given our recent record I'd suggest that things haven't exactly got any better for us since Moore returned to the team. Now I know that this isn't Moore's fault particularly but he certainly hasn't been any better than Blackman was during the first part of the season.

For what it's worth I think both Moore and Blackman are good enough.

Fair enough but we have of course been without other influential players since Moore has returned Coutts being the main one. Also if you check the Player ratings on this Forum and I haven't time to go through them you will (I think) see that Moore scores significantly higher relative to other players in each match than Blackman and whilst we are all well meaning amateurs me more than most, it does reflect the fans view of the game.

More importantly it would seem that Wilder rates Moore above Blackman (at the moment). I would agree both are decent keepers.

Eastwood has surprised me how good he has been this season, both in the pre season games, and the league cup.

But he is still behind Moore and Blackman, made a huge error for the U23s on Monday in the last minute.

A loan would be beneficial, longer than Chesterfield this time!
If he's still making huge errors would a loan benefit him? He's still young for a keeper. We tried to 'fast track' Long and it didn't really do him any good. Wherever he goes on loan, he's unlikely to be coached as well as he will with us. And if Moore or Blackman get injured, we need him on the bench.

Is he a realistic transfer target & if so how much because I love to sign him permanently. As all season i realised how lucky we are. that we have no difference between Blackman or Moore. As effectively have 2 number 1 so when 1 is injured or suspended. The other slots in no bother or detriment to the side

Is he a realistic transfer target & if so how much because I love to sign him permanently. As all season i realised how lucky we are. that we have no difference between Blackman or Moore. As effectively have 2 number 1 so when 1 is injured or suspended. The other slots in no bother or detriment to the side

Think he's 3 or so seasons of not being in Chelsea's first team away from moving anywhere permanently unfortunately. Really seems to want to make it there, and he just might. I'd love to be wrong though.

At the very least I hope we can sign him for next season, promotion might help with that if we can do it. Seems to be on a clear progression.

I think its so important to have not only a talented goalkeeper, but for the defenders to have confidence in him is something which comes in a big way from the personality of the keeper. We're lucky to have two keepers which the back 3 trust

I certainly think a second season-long loan is attainable for now.

Continue to loan him I reckon. Chelsea will want too much for him and his wages could already be beyond what we can afford (does anyone know if Chelsea are paying part of them ?)

The only slight concern I'd have is he does seem slightly fragile or maybe he's just been unlucky this season. If we can loan him for another season we'll get a better insight into his durability.

He’s 24,this is Chelsea doing what Chelsea do and putting him in the shop window he will be sold regardless this summer whether it’s to us or someone else.

The real question is do Chelsea see a big future in him. If they do the fee will be reasonable and Chelsea will have a buy back clause for £10/£12m and sell him for £2m-£3m if they don’t see a future the fee maybe a little higher that’s if there are interested parties which I’m sure there will be.

He’s proven he is willing to be patient and fight for his place so a number of clubs will see this and see potential and take a punt at a GK to push their No1s in the PL.

Problem we have is I’d be surprised if he wasn’t the highest earner in the team. Ok the wages may be heavily subsidised but to sign him we will have to better an already very good contract.

He’s 24,this is Chelsea doing what Chelsea do and putting him in the shop window he will be sold regardless this summer whether it’s to us or someone else.

The real question is do Chelsea see a big future in him. If they do the fee will be reasonable and Chelsea will have a buy back clause for £10/£12m and sell him for £2m-£3m if they don’t see a future the fee maybe a little higher that’s if there are interested parties which I’m sure there will be.

He’s proven he is willing to be patient and fight for his place so a number of clubs will see this and see potential and take a punt at a GK to push their No1s in the PL.

Problem we have is I’d be surprised if he wasn’t the highest earner in the team. Ok the wages may be heavily subsidised but to sign him we will have to better an already very good contract.

Surely his fee and wages won't be a problem for us in the Premier League next season? (Eternal optimist)

Surely his fee and wages won't be a problem for us in the Premier League next season? (Eternal optimist)

Very good point. and Id suggest the only outcome that would seem him sign, unless we do get serious investment between now and August 10th

Think this loan has worked out well for all parties concerned.

Jamal - has had a season of solid completion knowing he has to play well to stay in the team and has had the chance to step up the leagues again

We - gained a really good keeper who has done really well despite the odd error - which is to be expected at his age / experience.

Chelsea have seen what he's like and put him in the shop window.

Imo his top level is better than Moore's and he would be ideal to take on loan again next year with a view to buying him. In all reality as good has he has been with all the money floating about in the prem is he really going to get first team football at premier league level? Another loan would suit all parties again.

Back
Top Bottom