CONFIRMED Jamal Blackman signs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

As Larky has said. It's unlikely Eastwood will go out on loan. He can develop in the u23s til January at least. He's very young for a keeper. A couple of decent friendlies don't make him De Gea. Haven't we learnt that with Long?

Do keep up.....I refer you to my previous post......;) (where I corrected my obvious error of thought.....)

Think we are kind of on the same page. I dont think CW would risk only two keepers hence i feel Eastwood will stay in the building.

He can learn a lot from training every day with the two other keepers and in and around the first team environment.

Had to google Odeje as I admit Ive never heard of him ,he never made Charltons team and his career consisted of Hendon ,Clapton and Dulwich hamlet.

Considering Moore is out for a month we needed another keeper, this guy looks like he's going to be a great keeper one day and has something to prove at a higher level, he was the young player of the year for Wycombe, is this all starting to sound a little familiar? He fits the Wilder mould perfectly (except for the fact he's about a foot taller) and he'll certainly create competition for places in the net. Great signing IMO. Eastwood may be slightly dissapointed but I wouldn;t be surprised to see him go out on loan when Moore's back, he needs some competative league experience desperately before we can rely on him, otherwise he'll end up with his confidence shot like Long did.

I can't understand some of our fans sometimes, the first thing I think is 'are they pork?', then I see how many posts they've made and I realise it'd have to be a pretty committed porker to make that much effort to wind other blades up and create disharmony. Oh well, everyones different I guess. You can already tell which Forum members will be the ones getting on the players backs as soon as it looks like we're not going to walk the league.
This. Just this.
UTB.

I would say the bit of League experience that Blackman has had, puts him a bit ahead of Eastwood development wise, so on that basis he starts for me. Blackman must have a bit about him if Chelsea have given him a new deal.

Eastwood is a decent keeper but for me, needs a bit more time to either develop out of the spotlight in the U23's, or on loan and build a bit of experience like Blackman has.

I have read a couple of comments that Eastwood will go on loan. Not a chance. He will be back up to the 2 senior keepers and play U23s this season, as i would suspect was the plan. As we have seen every club needs 3 keepers in case of injury.

Of course there's a chance. He's not going to head off for a half/full season loan, but short term (with the ability to recall) of course he could, and if the opportunity to get him a few competive games elsewhere short term comes up we'd be mad to pass it up. That's not just my view, it's importantly the view of Wilder too. His view fresh after Rotherham at the suggestion Eastwood could step up to replace Moore:

"We know, and he [Eastwood] knows, that we need another senior keeper to challenge in the Championship. He'll play his games this year, he might go out on loan, and he'll progress."

Of course there's a chance. He's not going to head off for a half/full season loan, but short term (with the ability to recall) of course he could, and if the opportunity to get him a few competive games elsewhere short term comes up we'd be mad to pass it up. That's not just my view, it's importantly the view of Wilder too. His view fresh after Rotherham at the suggestion Eastwood could step up to replace Moore:

"We know, and he [Eastwood] knows, that we need another senior keeper to challenge in the Championship. He'll play his games this year, he might go out on loan, and he'll progress."
Yes, he may well go out on loan and for what its worth i think he would benefit from going out. At the moment looking at what is behind him if he went on loan it would leave both the first team and U23s short.

I am not naive enough to know that things in football change very quickly so he may well go out on loan. Its only an opinion pal.

Just watched that Blackman video few good saves and blocks whats he like in the air.
Is he a catcher or flapper.
Watched Eastwood the other night like what i saw he took a cross under real pressure caught it clean.
Moores no loss makes a few good saves but hes a window cleaner.

I can see him doing really well, us signing him permanently for big money next summer and him becoming a bit of a hero at the club.

Yes, he may well go out on loan and for what its worth i think he would benefit from going out. At the moment looking at what is behind him if he went on loan it would leave both the first team and U23s short.

I am not naive enough to know that things in football change very quickly so he may well go out on loan. Its only an opinion pal.
I wouldn't be surprised if he went out on a short term emergency loan later in the season. That could be useful, a month or so at a L2 club.

This from a Wycombe supporting friend.

"He was good for us last year, made some mistakes but kept us in quite a few other matches. He's not the finished article, but most Wycombe supporters thought he'd probably spend this season at a Championship club or somewhere similar.
I'm sure you won't be paying his wages - we certainly didn't. Word was that he was getting more in a week than some of our players got in a year! "

This from a Wycombe supporting friend.

"He was good for us last year, made some mistakes but kept us in quite a few other matches. He's not the finished article, but most Wycombe supporters thought he'd probably spend this season at a Championship club or somewhere similar.
I'm sure you won't be paying his wages - we certainly didn't. Word was that he was getting more in a week than some of our players got in a year! "

Useful to know.

Oh and tell your friend that Ainsworth is a cunt. I know that isn't anything to do with this, I just felt it needed saying :)

Does this mean Chelsea get first dibs on Brook

Hope so
At least we might get a decent price for him unlike when we normally sell to Reading, Hull, Birmingham etc. and all those other monsters of the game

Hope so
At least we might get a decent price for him unlike when we normally sell to Reading, Hull, Birmingham etc. and all those other monsters of the game
I can only think of one player we wanted to keep that we sold to those three, Maguire.

I can't imagine Eastwood who I presume will be number 2 (at the start of the season) going on loan whilst Moore is out?
As Moore will be out at least a month it is unlikely he (Moore) will be back before the transfer window SLAM SHUT....... which would mean Eastwood would be unable to go on loan until January. Unless it is a short term emergency loan which are few and far between.
Say Eastwood did go on loan say in January, would Wilder be happy in the Champ with only 2 keepers with no recall (which there wouldn't be) till the end of the season?

That's fair enough. For me, even a month of games on an emergency loan would likely tell us more about Eastwood's potential to make it than a season of U23 games.

As Moore will be out at least a month it is unlikely he (Moore) will be back before the transfer window SLAM SHUT....... which would mean Eastwood would be unable to go on loan until January. Unless it is a short term emergency loan which are few and far between.

I thought I was pretty clear where I specifically talked about short term loans, but yes I'm talking about short term loans. And no I don't think that would happen until Moore was fit. Wilder is clearly of a mind that if an opportunity to loan Eastwood out arises when our 2 main keepers are fit it'll be seriously considered.

But short term (with the ability to recall) of course he could.I thought I was pretty clear where I specifically talked about short term loans, but yes I'm talking about short term loans. And no I don't think that would happen until Moore was fit. Wilder is clearly of a mind that if an opportunity to loan Eastwood out arises when our 2 main keepers are fit it'll be seriously considered.

Whooah there Loughboro'. Get down off that horse........
As far as I am aware there is no ability to recall on short term loans (ie loans outside transfer window). However.......As they are only for 7 days maybe not too much of a restriction!
The problem is finding a club that needs a short term loan, because as long as they (the borrowing club) have an uninjured pro keeper on their books who has had 5 pro games they have to play him and can't be considered for a short term loan. Unless I have this completely wrong of course which is distinctly possible. Of course if such a loan were to crop up maybe Wilder would let Eastwood go.

Back
Top Bottom