CONFIRMED Jamal Blackman signs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

As far as I am aware there is no ability to recall on short term loans (ie loans outside transfer window). However.......As they are only for 7 days maybe not too much of a restriction!
The problem is finding a club that needs a short term loan, because as long as they (the borrowing club) have an uninjured pro keeper on their books who has had 5 pro games they have to play him and can't be considered for a short term loan. Unless I have this completely wrong of course which is distinctly possible. Of course if such a loan were to crop up maybe Wilder would let Eastwood go.

Your last sentence is pretty much what I was getting at...

This was what the72 wrote on the changes a year ago, which is pretty much what you thought:

The only exceptions to the recall rule is regarding goalkeepers and development squad. Goalkeepers CAN be recalled to a parent club on 24 hours notice if there are not two fit stoppers at the club. Additionally, clubs can still bring in a keeper on an emergency loan of seven days duration of they do not have a ‘senior’ keeper of their own available to them who has made at least five appearances.

Our neighbours from across the city sent a keeper to Wycombe under this rule, and Huddersfield sent a keeper out in April (which was then extended till the end of the season).

Hope so
At least we might get a decent price for him unlike when we normally sell to Reading, Hull, Birmingham etc. and all those other monsters of the game

We should have sold them to those clubs who bid ore for them........oh wait!

Your last sentence is pretty much what I was getting at...

This was what the72 wrote on the changes a year ago, which is pretty much what you thought:

The only exceptions to the recall rule is regarding goalkeepers and development squad. Goalkeepers CAN be recalled to a parent club on 24 hours notice if there are not two fit stoppers at the club. Additionally, clubs can still bring in a keeper on an emergency loan of seven days duration of they do not have a ‘senior’ keeper of their own available to them who has made at least five appearances.

Our neighbours from across the city sent a keeper to Wycombe under this rule, and Huddersfield sent a keeper out in April (which was then extended till the end of the season).

Thanks for that. I didn't know about the 24 hours notice rule.

The full EFL 'laws' are in the link below, 53 loans and 55 goalkeeper emergency loans. Clear as mud.

53.1.4.a Standard Loan of a goalkeeper (but not otherwise) may be subject to a recall clause exercisable at any time. Any recall may only be implemented:
53.1.4 (b) where the Club seeking to exercise the recall has only one Professional Goalkeeper available

55.1 If all the Professional Goalkeepers at a Club are unavailable as a result of having been:

55.1.1 certified by an independent medical practitioner as being unfit to play;

So there you have it.....You have either got to have 'only one pro keeper available' OR 'All pro keepers unavailable' ? Seem to contradict each other....

Here's the link. See what you reckon?

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-6---players/

Thanks for that. I didn't know about the 24 hours notice rule.

The full EFL 'laws' are in the link below, 53 loans and 55 goalkeeper emergency loans. Clear as mud.

53.1.4.a Standard Loan of a goalkeeper (but not otherwise) may be subject to a recall clause exercisable at any time. Any recall may only be implemented:
53.1.4 (b) where the Club seeking to exercise the recall has only one Professional Goalkeeper available

55.1 If all the Professional Goalkeepers at a Club are unavailable as a result of having been:

55.1.1 certified by an independent medical practitioner as being unfit to play;

So there you have it.....You have either got to have 'only one pro keeper available' OR 'All pro keepers unavailable' ? Seem to contradict each other....

Here's the link. See what you reckon?

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-6---players/
The first bit is about when you can recall a keeper who is out on loan, the second bit is about when you can bring in a keeper on an emergency loan.

Jamal Blackman = Derek Richardson . Just saying that's all .

Jamal was pretty much as the boards had discussed - great shot stopper who needs work on his kicking.

What an outstanding debut from him though. His kicking will improve with coaching.

I'm glad he's staying a little longer. Yeh sure he's made mistakes!!. Who hasn't?. He's a better backup choice. IMHO. In wilder we trust. Utb

12 mins 5 secs in below video. Richardson lets in a soft shot by Mark Rhodes in September 1980

Seen that Ryan goals a few times on videos and I love how the crowd cheers before the ball is in the net, or maybe its just anticipation or the sound isn't in track with the action. So pleased though that I missed these times (born in 1979) with that awful kit and free-falling through the leagues.

I rate Jamal - He performed well for us during our good run in the first few months. Definitely a better goalkeeper than some seem to think.

His form dipped (like the rest of the team's) so Moore came in and has done well enough to retain his place so far.

Good to know that for the first time in years we have two decent keepers in the squad.

Back
Top Bottom