CONFIRMED Jamal Blackman signs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Will be decent cover for Moore but I wouldn't want him playing week in week out.

I'd rather have some experience between the sticks but as I say, good cover.

Based on what exactly? I don't think he is cover.. he starts the season As No1 so the shirt is his to lose..

If the current scouting network have watched him and are impressed then I am happy with that, they have not let us down yet, (Hanson is the only debatable one)

A lad tall like that will command crosses and corners. He may struggle to get down low but lets give him a few games before we judge him.

I'm not sure both Chelsea and Tufty would sign a player if they couldn't play.

I trust their respective judgments...

what, quicker than you expect?

No just deducing what has been said by Moore and the club.

I'm going on what CW said after the game when he said he was concerned as Moore doesn't go down unless something is wrong and then after the scan it's been said I think by Moore (someone asked him at the Stoke game) and others that the scan has shown the injury not to be as bad as first feared and was it AK that said he might miss the start of the season, but he didn't say definately?

No he isn't. He will be first choice until he starts playing poorly. If he does well while Moore is out he will keep the shirt. It is the Wilder (and the correct) way.

UTB
Why is it the Wilder and correct way?
Have you seen Eastwood in the friendlies?

little snippet taken from the bucks free press this year

Jamal Blackman has sensationally left the door open for a return to Adams Park next season.

The aspiring shot-stopper, 23, who’s been on a season-long loan to Wycombe Wanderers from parent club Chelsea, has impressed the Chairboys’ fans with several match-winning performances.

The Croydon-born keeper kept 17 clean sheets during the campaign and speaking after the 1-0 win over Cambridge United, said he would be open to a return to the Buckinghamshire side.

Ticks the boxes.

There was no need for a perm signing if Moore is back soon. We can then loan out Eastwood.

He won't be coming here to just sit on the bench.

Good competition for the jersey.

I dont get the negativity.
Ticks all the right boxes? It's a bit pointless being black and pacey if you're in the net ;)

Interesting you bring that up because I've noticed more and more black keepers coming through in the last few years. A while back it was just David James and Shaka Hislop.
Alex Williams of Man City. Always remember a quiet part of a game and Im sure it was him ,a voice shouted Williams you useless black bastard ,it was completely out of context and everyone looked round , a very well known Blade who is black himself stood laughing his head off waiting for the reaction.

Let's think about Moore in this situation. He finally gets the chance to prove himself at the Championship level, only then to get injured, we then sign a keeper in Blackman with great pedigree on loan who might go on to keep the number one jersey all season, all this whilst the man who helped us here sits in the stands watching. Moore is a top bloke who deserves all the platitudes he gets and will hopefully go on to big things with either us or anyone else after this minor setback, preferably us obviously.

It's basically a huge thanks to Moore and good luck to Blackman without creating another thread.

Football really does have its highs and lows, whether that be anyone to do with a club or the fans themselves but like every other aspect in life you just have to get on with it.

Pretty sure everyone we have signed so far has been our "number one target all through the summer" UTB

It's like the Ariel adverts when they compare it to their last effort and show everything bright white against like an off yellow colour. Yet the previous one to which they're now comparing against is now off yellow and their new best is bright white :oops:

Pretty much confirms the end of the so-called ITK amongst us. Another one out of absolutely nowhere - and this despite being a number one target all summer.
That's not quite true mate. Sunjihi s' missus, the team sheet woman Rodsready, mentioned it in the rumour mill section a few weeks ago. :)

Back
Top Bottom