CONFIRMED Jagielka

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bladesfc

Reaction score
Talk on twitter. Lots of Everton fans seem to think he could potentially return.

I imagine it's a load of shit though. He's getting on a bit.

Big fan of Jags in the past, and would have taken him a year ago, but can’t see it, and doubt Wilder will be looking to recruit an old and potentially expensive reserve player. A rumour probably started by Everton fans completely ignorant about what we’re looking for – they probably think he’d come into our starting lineup, and at the minute he wouldn’t.

What role would he even play?

Would he be able to play right centre wing half? No.

Would he be able to be the rock in the middle? Maybe...

I don't think it's meant to be.

No thanks, he’ll want big wages and would be behind Egan and Stears.

Has stated that he wants to finish his career at United in John Garrett's excellent book, In Other Words. He also talks about the hand ball against Wigan: https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2018/september/utb-book/
I wouldn't touch him unless he was prepared to play second fiddle on a meagre contract. No resale value, and his best attribute was his much diminished athleticism imo. Thanks for the memories(ok, most of them!).

No thanks. Weve moved on. We arent a retirement home for old and past it premiership players wanting to see out their careers.

I think we could do with a couple of exeperienced prem players to give us a helping hand next season, but we should be aiming to cherry pick the best from the championship (vwluenfor money still a requisite though) and need young up and coming players, not old players with no resale value if the worst happens next season and we are relegated.

It was said that even as a 24yr old Jagielka was one of the most influential in the dressing room during our last promotion in 06/07.
I personally think that the current crop (especially Egan) could learn a lot from him.
And should Egan pick up a knock or suspension then he'd be great cover too.

Looks like every one on here has wrote him off as past it and no good for us ,expect him to win player of the season next year then

I found out a couple of weeks back that Jags is a partner in a golf equipment business with my now ex- neighbour!

No brainer for me. He is one of the most highly thought of professionals in recent years. He has great experience and is clever enough to realise he wouldn't be starting regularly. He is a huge upgrade on Stearman as back up for Egan. Also, away to Man City who would be more useful an overlapping Bash or Jags trying to keep things tight? He would be a great steadying influence for the team.

No thanks, he’ll want big wages and would be behind Egan and Stears.

He’s nearly 37! If he can get bigger wages then good luck to him, but reckon we’d easily get him to fit into our wage structure.

It wouldn’t surprise me to see Stearman sold to a Championship club this summer.

Wheres that Robert Downey Jr. Eye rolling gif when you need it?

The only thing Pinchy talks sense about is our fans "gerremallback" mentality.

Would genuinely rather keep Crainie.

Get Boborkis in at RWB!
What a player he was!

Of course fans want to see their favourite players come back. Who wouldn't of wanted Beattie back after the way he played first time around.
But this is a totally different scenario. I would want Jags back in a coach/player role. It makes perfect sense to me.

Everyone saying he's too old, legs have gone etc. If he plays the middle cb, with his experience he would be fine. That position is about reading the game. That's the thing that improves with experience. Different levels, but he's essentially a premier league jake Wright signing. Brought in as cover and if he plays he would not let us down or be found wanting.

CW was quoted in one of his interviews this week that he is looking at young, enthusiastic players. Whilst Jags may still be enthusiastic, I don't see him as a young player. That also applies to the resurfacing Defoe rumour

Not only would he bring experience because of his age. But it's premier league experience, something that we will need and would be naive to think otherwise. A couple of the players have said it, and perhaps more telling is the Cardiff and Fulham players who have bemoaned their lack of Premier league experience. Attributing it as a major factor of their struggles.

Get Boborkis in at RWB!
What a player he was!

Of course fans want to see their favourite players come back. Who wouldn't of wanted Beattie back after the way he played first time around.
But this is a totally different scenario. I would want Jags back in a coach/player role. It makes perfect sense to me.

Have. Fucking ‘have’.

Back
Top Bottom