CONFIRMED Jagielka

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yes I was annoyed against Wigan all thoughs years ago, but to hold him responsible is a bit wide of the mark.

I hope he comes back. Good guy, experienced with inside track

Wheres that Robert Downey Jr. Eye rolling gif when you need it?

The only thing Pinchy talks sense about is our fans "gerremallback" mentality.

Would genuinely rather keep Crainie.

His bladey bladey mask has slipped, after having a good week on the Clark on the bus bandwagon.

I happen to think that, all things considered, this transfer is pretty much nailed on.

I’d rather we went for Gary Cahill to impact the first XI more, but Jags probably has one year left in him.

Has most probably been England’s best CB in the last 10 years but the worry of course would be declining ability due to age. Has seemed to me to be capable of competing at PL level in the limited pitch time he has had this season.

Stranger things have happened !!

UTB

Not till after tomorrow. You said it was bad luck

Appreciated MB and thanks for making an old man very happy, but even I think we've done it now. No..... wait a minute, there's always the possibility of a career ending meteor strike to Jack O'Connell as he tries to head the flaming interstellar intruder away to save Duffy. Do it tomorrow night. Be for the best eh?

Appreciated MB and thanks for making an old man very happy, but even I think we've done it now. No..... wait a minute, there's always the possibility of a career ending meteor strike to Jack O'Connell as he tries to head the flaming interstellar intruder away to save Duffy. Do it tomorrow night. Be for the best eh?
There's a title at stake

Jags in some capacity or other would seem a great shout.His experience of the Premier might help calm the awe and fears some of our newly promoted, star-struck, players might have.

Gary Cahill could be a good shout - moving on from Chelsea and has bags of experience at the top level. Could be worth an enquiry imo see what wages he’s after.
He is a good player but he would want very high wages (currently earns £130k). IMO he would only be a slight upgrade on Egan.

Taking wages and age into account I’d rather keep Egan and not bother with Cahill.

He is a good player but he would want very high wages (currently earns £130k). IMO he would only be a slight upgrade on Egan.

Taking wages and age into account I’d rather keep Egan and not bother with Cahill.
Unsure if £130k is accurate. Nearer £80k I suspect.

IF he wants regular football and IF non of the high wage payers want him, he’s gonna have to take a salary cut.

A good few IFs in there so might be cloud cuckoo !!

But a 2 / 3 year contract of circa £6m / £9m should not be beyond the scope of what we COULD do wages wise.

On top of which he is a local boy and might be looking for a way back home. Dunno !!

UTB

P.S I’d see Cahill or Jags as being the RCB in the 3 with Bash (sorry) being the bench utility player. Also as additional cover for Egan and jump ahead of Stears in this role.

Unsure if £130k is accurate. Nearer £80k I suspect.

IF he wants regular football and IF non of the high wage payers want him, he’s gonna have to take a salary cut.

A good few IFs in there so might be cloud cuckoo !!

But a 2 / 3 year contract of circa £6m / £9m should not be beyond the scope of what we COULD do wages wise.

On top of which he is a local boy and might be looking for a way back home. Dunno !!

UTB

P.S I’d see Cahill or Jags as being the RCB in the 3 with Bash (sorry) being the bench utility player. Also as additional cover for Egan and jump ahead of Stears in this role.
According to football leaks he’s on £130k. I’m not sure he would get regular football here. He certainly wouldn’t walk into the starting 11.

I don’t think jags or Cahill have the legs to play RCB, so would only leave Egan’s position. I don’t think either are an upgrade on Egan.

If Stearman wants to leave for first team football/liver transplant, I wouldn’t mind jags coming in as Egan backup/coach.

I honestly dont think Jags or Cahil are an upgrade on our current back 3. They used to be but not anymore. I dont see any reason why our current 3 centre halves wont start our first game in the premiership. We clearly need strengthening but I would sooner see younger players brought it...the lad Hector on loan at the pigs or Flint at Boro might be decent shouts

I honestly dont think Jags or Cahil are an upgrade on our current back 3. They used to be but not anymore. I dont see any reason why our current 3 centre halves wont start our first game in the premiership. We clearly need strengthening but I would sooner see younger players brought it...the lad Hector on loan at the pigs or Flint at Boro might be decent shouts
Hector and / or Flint above Jags and Cahill ?

Ouch :).

UTB

I've given it a lot of thought and i was initially in favour, but on reflection, it's now a no from me.

I think that we would benefit from a big of ring craft down our spine, a player or two that have played in the top division before, but Cahill is on massive money and has turned down Juventus in the JTW. Jags, as good as a player he was, isn't what we need, he isn't as mobile as he once was so isn't ideal for the RCB and shouldn't be considered at CB, at the expense of letting Egan blossom. I also think that both could possibly disrupt the dynamic that we currently have, in different ways. That is not to say that they aren't both good players.

No from me. Gone should be the days of a last big pay day for past it players. We’ve had enough of that shit over the years. Peter Withe, Phil Thompson, Dean Hammond?? He would and is now getting caught out because of his age by faster and better players. He can’t get in Everton’s side for a reason. Don’t get me wrong I think he was a good player but we really need to look at other younger options.

no from me, does not fit in our system, doesn't have the pace anymore so not even a option for me - championship club will take him.

According to football leaks he’s on £130k. I’m not sure he would get regular football here. He certainly wouldn’t walk into the starting 11.

I don’t think jags or Cahill have the legs to play RCB, so would only leave Egan’s position. I don’t think either are an upgrade on Egan.

If Stearman wants to leave for first team football/liver transplant, I wouldn’t mind jags coming in as Egan backup/coach.

What are his coaching credentials? Or should we simply give old players a job for life, like Owd Muckanettles Upanatem Nowt-Fancy, the world’s worst coach?

Oh, dem Bladey Blades...

What are his coaching credentials? Or should we simply give old players a job for life, like Owd Muckanettles Upanatem Nowt-Fancy, the world’s worst coach?

Oh, dem Bladey Blades...
What were Michael Carrick, John Terry, Pep Guardiola, Zinedine Zidane, Chris Morgan etc coaching experience before they became coaches.

We can help him get into coaching (if that is what he wants to do) and he helps us by providing cover if Stearman leaves and hopefully as a good young coach in the future.

You seem to let your agenda cloud your judgement on this subject.

What were Michael Carrick, John Terry, Pep Guardiola, Zinedine Zidane, Chris Morgan etc coaching experience before they became coaches.

We can help him get into coaching (if that is what he wants to do) and he helps us by providing cover if Stearman leaves and hopefully as a good young coach in the future.

You seem to let your agenda cloud your judgement on this subject.

Chris Morgan? Chris Fucking Morgan? You think that assists your argument?

Back
Top Bottom