Wilder meeting with Prince.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Abso-fookin-lutely, but the best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour so here's to a load of League One grizzled pros, the odd loanee and a bucket load of badge kissing....
It doesn't look like CW's "rethink" has got beyond "rehash" on this basis!
Tin hats on!! 🤣🤣🤣

I know there's alot of negativity about the coming summer and also about Wilder.

But does anyone also get the impression Wilders come back from Saudi with a bit of a spring in his step too? I see this as no bad sign at the minute.

Whether this translates into anything I don't know but invariably when he's more positive we are more positive as a team and club.
He’ll have had a few days off the Peroni whilst he was over there. That will have done him good.

It doesn't look like CW's "rethink" has got beyond "rehash" on this basis!
Tin hats on!! 🤣🤣🤣
Heaven forbid he should sign the likes of Egan, Fleck and Norwood again. And he'd better not think of getting us promoted to the fuckinf premier league again.

Heaven forbid he should sign the likes of Egan, Fleck and Norwood again. And he'd better not think of getting us promoted to the fuckinf premier league again.
After the nature of his previous departure if he doesn’t take us straight back up he needs to be gone & a complete reset implemented.

But I think he’ll be gone before that if there’s new ownership. We are crying out for a new broom, from the top downwards. Wilder does not represent the long term future of this club.

No, the times and situations have changed, I'm very unclear whether CW has. We do need a different approach now.
Do we? The squad he built had two championship promotions in them for the most part. If we have that again over the next few years that's more successful than most clubs!

I know there's alot of negativity about the coming summer and also about Wilder.

But does anyone also get the impression Wilders come back from Saudi with a bit of a spring in his step too? I see this as no bad sign at the minute.

Whether this translates into anything I don't know but invariably when he's more positive we are more positive as a team and club.
He's probably just found out he's still got a job next season. 😔

Well it wasn’t that last time under Wilder so why would it be this time?
Wilders changed since then pal, getting dumped at boro when he thought he was the bees knees as affected him, then Watford throwing him out as well. Maybe he thinks he's got it in him to prove everybody wrong, only my opinion for what its worth im not so sure.

After the nature of his previous departure if he doesn’t take us straight back up he needs to be gone & a complete reset implemented.

But I think he’ll be gone before that if there’s new ownership. We are crying out for a new broom, from the top downwards. Wilder does not represent the long term future of this club.
We have been crying out for a new broom for years, unfortunately alot of our fan base will never give it time too happen.
You only have too read some comments on here too see that..
We are a club stuck in the 90's where passion and running around alot counts for far more than Skill, Athleticism and Technical ability.

Wilders changed since then pal, getting dumped at boro when he thought he was the bees knees as affected him, then Watford throwing him out as well. Maybe he thinks he's got it in him to prove everybody wrong, only my opinion for what its worth im not so sure.

Has his philosophy changed all that much though? I haven’t seen any evidence to say it has.

We have been crying out for a new broom for years, unfortunately alot of our fan base will never give it time too happen.
We are a club stuck in the 90's where passion and running around alot counts for far more than Skill, Athleticism and Technical ability.
I never was fully slav out because i thought that's what the plan was. Instead we realised it was cheaper and easier to stack him and go with what Wilder had left. It worked in the short term

This theory doesn't hold up. He's in the club/game to make money and by selling that's how he gets back everything he's put in and more.
I agree. But his contact book of potential buyers seems to be full of rogues so far and I just don’t believe he, and especially his advisers, are that naive. He now seems to be hinting he’d like to keep some interest. I’ve often thought he wanted to set up a network of clubs so he could benefit from being something like an agent developing players and signing them to his clubs. All a bit curious for a bloke who has some of the most sharp and shit hot advisors I’ve seen.

That is frustrating.

That might work as a short term plan to stabilise and perhaps bounce back but it’s far from a long term strategy IMO.

If we manage to get back to the prem then again we are then stuck with loads of players who are miles away from the quality needed to compete. Again we won’t be able to hold the ball or control games.

IMO this is totally the wrong approach for any long term success. This club is stuck in a timewarp where a bit of badge slapping and graft is the priority.

The prem is much more about quality than graft. It’s naive to think we can compete long-term without quality which is evidenced with our recent history and the history of the prem.

Frustrating Yes, been the United Blueprint for decades now.
But without silly money to lose, and due to underinvestment in scouting to match the clubs similar in size to us it’s the best we’ve got.
The worrying thing for me is that we will do well to find all those players, and will end up with similar to what we’ve got now which is just not good enough.

I see all those saying we need a reset…a change in direction etc….but it’s simply not possible without us risking falling through the championship IMHO.

How do we get in the fitter, faster, Stronger and crucially technically superior players to what we have now, without the scouting and funds?
What manager with that mindset takes the challenge on under those conditions?

We looked that was with Slav, did t sign the players needed and quickly went back to the same owd Blades way.

Much as I’m a fan of CW, his style is old school and it suits our club in its current state. Sad as that is.

Putting too and to together can be tricky I guess. 😉

Back
Top Bottom