Home vs Bournemouth - Is this game make or break?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

William Carey

Reaction score
Win = 1 point away from 17th
Lose = 7 points away from 17th

We said a few months ago that Everton at home was the biggest game of the season to get an early win on the board but this game against Bournemouth is even bigger now.

Need players back at full steam and fitness ready after the international break. Could this game define our season? Potentially, but it will definitely have an impact on the players’ confidence and belief.

absolute must win game but wouldnt have been if we had picked 3 points up today which we should have were paying the price for not bringing another striker in this august well done abdullah

if you had said we werent in game till red card id have been with you but you got silly and made stuff up for some reason.
🤣 I’m really gutted that you don’t agree with me.

1-0 down. Fati went through good save from Wes, Webster missed a free header, Mitoma had a good chance.

So like I said, we could have been 3-0 down.

Point gained today. Looking at half time I thought it would have have been a 3 or 4 nill’er. I wouldn’t say Bournemouth is must win either. There’s still lots of football to be played and the ‘must win games’ term is being used a bit loosely nowadays which is not to my liking. A draw wouldn’t be a disaster but definitely a ‘can’t lose’

🤣 I’m really gutted that you don’t agree with me.

1-0 down. Fati went through good save from Wes, Webster missed a free header, Mitoma had a good chance.

So like I said, we could have been 3-0 down.
take your word for it i dont remember any of those gilt edged chances you talk about it

We said a few months ago that Everton at home was the biggest game of the season to get an early win on the board but this game against Bournemouth is even bigger now.

Need players back at full steam and fitness ready after the international break. Could this game define our season? Potentially, but it will definitely have an impact on the players’ confidence and belief.
1000% let’s hope our best hope of Own goal or Ref decision turns up for us.

I’d let Hecky have the next 2 for certain. Then see where we are at.

take your word for it i dont remember any of those gilt edged chances you talk about it
You wouldn’t. Rose tinted glasses are strong.

I like the enthusiasm for our side. But the realists will analyse while you live in dream world.

1000% let’s hope our best hope of Own goal or Ref decision turns up for us.

I’d let Hecky have the next 2 for certain. Then see where we are at.
Ref decisions? We've had 2 pens given and 1 red card for the opposition? (12 games)

Hecky couldn't beat a knackered and injured Brighton. Next game is a must win in terms of keeping him IMHO

Ref decisions? We've had 2 pens given and 1 red card for the opposition? (12 games)
4 points out of 5 have come from ref decisions.

Tottenham we can debate abkut but we time wasted throughout and the new rules are that it gets added on. But maybe it was excessive.

4 points gained 1 lost.

Refs are all for us. What’s your issue? Surely this is better?

I respect your right to have a different perspective, but I would appreciate it if we could focus on constructive and respectful conversation instead 👍🏻
Talking to wrong people here. Rose tinted glasses and cannot say the truth even if it’s negative. You can be blindly positive though.

Wouldn't say it's make or break I'd still say Fulham who have 2 wins since opening day, Sheffield United and Luton both at home are catchable

4 points out of 5 have come from ref decisions.

Tottenham we can debate abkut but we time wasted throughout and the new rules are that it gets added on. But maybe it was excessive.

4 points gained 1 lost.

Refs are all for us. What’s your issue? Surely this is better?
After 38 games I guarantee it will even its self out. We'll have loads decisions against us.

We've not been great but two second half performances have deserved points.

A season isn't won or lost in one game but we play Bournemouth then Burnley and if we don't look any good playing them then we aren't going to look any good playing anyone.

There's four sides in this division who look outstandingly poor and we've been the worst of them (I guess second worst after today's point). Next two games are a chance to make it clear we're at least on a par with our rivals.

Bournemouth are a strange team. They play shit for weeks and then play brilliant to beat top teams - they did that for much of last season and it kept them up. Forest couldn't win away last season despite seemingly always being in games ands scoring goals - home form kept them up. Everton shit all last season - won 5-1 away at Brighton towards the end of season, against all form but it kept them up.
We need a combination of these to survive. To me the easiest to achieve is - get points at home, keep the crowd behind the team, get on the front foot. All teams will pick up points like we did today But home form is the only thing that will keep us up

Back
Top Bottom