Home vs Bournemouth - Is this game make or break?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Win = 1 point away from 17th
Lose = 7 points away from 17th

We said a few months ago that Everton at home was the biggest game of the season to get an early win on the board but this game against Bournemouth is even bigger now.

Need players back at full steam and fitness ready after the international break. Could this game define our season? Potentially, but it will definitely have an impact on the players’ confidence and belief.
They looked very good yesterday.

A season isn't won or lost in one game but we play Bournemouth then Burnley and if we don't look any good playing them then we aren't going to look any good playing anyone.

There's four sides in this division who look outstandingly poor and we've been the worst of them (I guess second worst after today's point). Next two games are a chance to make it clear we're at least on a par with our rivals.
Both Bournemouth and Burnley looked streets ahead of us in their performances yesterday.
McBurnie might make a bit of difference but it's quite likely we'll be outclassed in both games.

Both Bournemouth and Burnley looked streets ahead of us in their performances yesterday.
McBurnie might make a bit of difference but it's quite likely we'll be outclassed in both games.

You managed to watch all 90+ minutes of both of those games. That’s an impressive level of effort Len.

bournemouth maybe burnley certainly not arsenal were off it yesterday thats why burnley only lost 3 - 1 actually think fulham might get dragged in to it as well

I took a look at Burnley's forum to see how Berge was doing and funnily enough a couple on there were saying the opposite: we're at least holding on in games and been unlucky but they're doomed every time. No offence, but I hope you're the one who's wrong.

bournemouth maybe burnley certainly not arsenal were off it yesterday thats why burnley only lost 3 - 1 actually think fulham might get dragged in to it as well
Nothing in any of our performances this season has suggested we're capable of playing as well as Burnley did at Arsenal yesterday.
One glaring difference was Burnley's speed and threat on the break, something we just don't have.

Probably going to be a little different at the Lane, especially considering Bournemouth's away form. They're the worst away team in the league - yes - even worse than us.

🤣 I’m really gutted that you don’t agree with me.

1-0 down. Fati went through good save from Wes, Webster missed a free header, Mitoma had a good chance.

So like I said, we could have been 3-0 down.

Wasn't that one way, we had chances as well, Bogle should have scored. Hamer missed a header as well.

A draw would be fine. We would need to go on and beat Burnley though.

Isn't beating Bournemouth more important though? An home game and 4 points infront of us where as Burnley is away and are below us.

Don't get me wrong, I would prefer to beat them, and you are right that beating them rather than Burnley would probably be better in the short term.

But if we can't, then a draw keeps us 4 points from safety, but we would absolutely need to follow up with a win v Burnley.

Win = 1 point away from 17th
Lose = 7 points away from 17th

We said a few months ago that Everton at home was the biggest game of the season to get an early win on the board but this game against Bournemouth is even bigger now.

Need players back at full steam and fitness ready after the international break. Could this game define our season? Potentially, but it will definitely have an impact on the players’ confidence and belief.
Utd will go down

We are dreadful - full stop

The worst prem side I have ever seen . We cause virtually no problems to other teams , have no system that is remotely recognisable, have negligible possession and lack any sort of athleticism.

You couldn’t write it .

But I just did

Wasn't that one way, we had chances as well, Bogle should have scored. Hamer missed a header as well.
We did you’re right, although we had less than 30% of the ball in the first half and for 20 minutes we were under the cosh a little bit. I thought the final 5 minutes of the first half we did ok.

Bogles chance to win it came after the red card. My initial post was referring to how we played before that. I don’t think we’d be sat here today with a point if it had remained 11 v 11

We did you’re right, although we had less than 30% of the ball in the first half and for 20 minutes we were under the cosh a little bit. I thought the final 5 minutes of the first half we did ok.

Bogles chance to win it came after the red card. My initial post was referring to how we played before that. I don’t think we’d be sat here today with a point if it had remained 11 v 11
So the extra man was the deciding factor, perhaps we should sneak another player on after half time, 12 v11 😉

🤣 I’m really gutted that you don’t agree with me.

1-0 down. Fati went through good save from Wes, Webster missed a free header, Mitoma had a good chance.

So like I said, we could have been 3-0 down.
so every single chance another team has should be a goal but ours are just misses ,, bit negative , just saying
they had 11 shots we had 9 good for an away team

We can't afford to lose it really. Need to try to get to january still in it
always the need after losing ndiaye and berger then egan and basham
course we struggled to start with just getting a grip now

need 2 wins to match the all time low points 11
wednesday fans said wed struggle to do that, and some hecky haters

Results aren’t always indicative of how teams have played or the likelihood of staying up in my opinion.
It’s about weighing up how likely we are to achieve success based on how we are playing. And over a season you have to defend and attack better than 3 other teams.

So on that basis you have to look at how we play and ask those questions?
Do we attack and cause teams problems better than 3 other sides? In all honestly no….no we don’t. I’d say we are the worst at creating chances and dominating teams for periods of the game.
Can we defend our goal better than 3 other teams, reduce shots on target and reduce chance creation? Again…from what I have seen we are the worst at that too, and personnel and tactics appear to have made little difference.

So for me it seems inevitable that despite the odd game where we may have some luck or play someone on a bad day with their own injury crisis we will finish bottom. Our points tally so far is exactly what we’ve deserved and puts us on target for around 17 points over the season. Any more than that with how we play will be a surprise.

Can we stop this? Not unless we see a huge investment in January and replacement of at least 8 players. What we have is just not good enough.

long and short of it is we need 33 to 35 points from the remaining 27 games, might get away with 29 or 30
as we get stronger with returning injuries getting match fit and a few healthy bodies in january 10 wins say 8 at home 2 away could be enough

no one game will decide our fate except on the final day if it comes to that , may be drawn games that could win the day

Can we stop this? Not unless we see a huge investment in January and replacement of at least 8 players. What we have is just not good enough.
2 or 3 good loans and 3 experienced players , providing they are fit is all we need
we have suffered unheard of injuries which no one complaining is allowing for

Newcastle just had 5 or 6 injuries and looked dog shit at Bournemouth
Spurs have lost 2 late on after losing 2 or 3 players
why do some on here not allow for that,,

2 or 3 good loans and 3 experienced players , providing they are fit is all we need
we have suffered unheard of injuries which no one complaining is allowing for

Newcastle just had 5 or 6 injuries and looked dog shit at Bournemouth
Spurs have lost 2 late on after losing 2 or 3 players
why do some on here not allow for that,,

Are we not at our limit for loans already? And what confidence do you have that the injuries won’t continue, and if those injured were available we would be better than 3 other teams…who are also more likely to strengthen in January than us given our financial issues.

Investment similar to Newcastle levels when their new owners came is the only way we stand any chance. Even then we have to hope the players that come in hit the ground running and complement the 2 or 3 we have that are worth keeping in the team.

If we stay up with this squad it will be nothing short of a miracle. If Bournemouth start to click - which I think they will - it’s pretty much done and dusted.

Are we not at our limit for loans already? And what confidence do you have that the injuries won’t continue, and if those injured were available we would be better than 3 other teams…who are also more likely to strengthen in January than us given our financial issues.

Investment similar to Newcastle levels when their new owners came is the only way we stand any chance. Even then we have to hope the players that come in hit the ground running and complement the 2 or 3 we have that are worth keeping in the team.
any loan not pulling weight now can go
but your zero talent assessment of our squad is a bit far wide of the truth
we got into the prem , and it wasnt solely due to ndiaye as some think
he had plenty of 5 ratings last season too

unless someone takes over before jan we have to get free agents
but it doesnt mean we cant uncover another leon clark or mc Goldrick

try a tiny nugget of fresh optimism see if it grows

It'd be a big boost to get a win and close the gap, considering how crap we've been yet could be touch with safety if we get our arses into gear and keep ploughing on.

The fact that this team has come from behind twice in the last 2 games to pick up points is encouraging when before, the towel would have long been chucked in. It's taken too long to click into gear and while we're hardly sparkling, it's slowly improving.

Lets not forget that there's a long way to go yet with the likes of Fulham, Forest, Palace, Everton more than capable of going on a sizable winless run and being sucked into things. It's on us though to keep on ticking over and picking up points otherwise anyone else's poor form would make no difference.

Back
Top Bottom