Which two Blades players played the most games together?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

At the other end of the scale I wonder if any stattos know which players have been on the books the longest whilst playing the least number of games? James Wallace and Rhian Brewster are the first to come to mind for me.
Jake Eastwood surely

Nearly made his testimonial and played like

Jake Eastwood surely

Nearly made his testimonial and played like 1 cup game

Yeah good call, one league cup game and about 3 times on the subs bench in 7 years.

Jake Eastwood surely

Nearly made his testimonial and played like
6 seasons, 3 appearances, all in his first season (2017-18)

10 mins in the game at Wolves (conceding before he’s touched the ball), and played in the 3-2 win v Walsall and 1-4 defeat to Leicester in the league cup.

I asked ChatGPT and it said:

“As of my last update in January 2022, the two players who have played the most games together for Sheffield United since 1889 are Joe Shaw and Len Birks. They were teammates and played together for a significant period, establishing a strong partnership on the field.”

These two didn’t kick a single ball together!

Useless! 😂

At the other end of the scale I wonder if any stattos know which players have been on the books the longest whilst playing the least number of games? James Wallace and Rhian Brewster are the first to come to mind for me.

1997 has just called to say that John Ebbrell is a Sheffield United footballer.

I witness the entirety of his 45 minute long career

I would think Billy Gillespie and Fred Tunstall played together over 300 times between 1920-21 and 1930-31?

During the 90s it must surely have been Simon Tracey and Dane Whitehouse who were both pretty much everpresent.

But Tracey had several loans during 1994 and 1995.

And Whitehouse only ended up with 231 league appearances in total.

Is that more than anything Kenny and Jagielka or Kenny and Morgan did?
Tracey and Whitehouse played together for 10 seasons and played a grand total of 92 league games together, thanks to injuries and Alan Kelly.

Brian Deane and Simon Tracey played 132 league games together in the same time span. I think that’s the most for anyone who played in the 90s, though a number of those games were in 1989.

Whitehouse played 125 with Alan Kelly, which is the most for games just in the 1990s.

Keith Edwards and Colin Morris played the most league games together in the 1980s, which seems fitting somehow. 158 league games. Morris played 155 with Paul Stancliffe. Tony Kenworthy and Paul Garner (172 games) have them beat but that straddles 2 decades, 1976 to 1984.

I always felt sorry for Bob Widdowson , Hodgys back up , He had saved a pair of gloves for first team action that looked like new after a decade played 7 games over 9 years 59 to 68

Back
Top Bottom