Home vs Bournemouth - Is this game make or break?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Are we not at our limit for loans already? And what confidence do you have that the injuries won’t continue, and if those injured were available we would be better than 3 other teams…who are also more likely to strengthen in January than us given our financial issues.

Investment similar to Newcastle levels when their new owners came is the only way we stand any chance. Even then we have to hope the players that come in hit the ground running and complement the 2 or 3 we have that are worth keeping in the team.
Just curious if we had a billionaire empire backer which 2 or 3 would you keep in the squad?

I know the chances of any huge investment in Sheffield in general is slim and when it comes to football nearly nil but lets be realistic if we became a Gulf/Arab play toy of a club, the Blades identity would be gone. The team that would be assembled would be a side that would appeal to the domestic product of the Premier League and not the fans of the club. I personally think every player on the current books would be gone. It would be great to see success at the club but its at what cost is that for.

Would we rather be doing what we are doing enjoying the rollercoaster and banter or be a modern Arsenal/Spurs where we are guaranteed Premier League football (and prices) every season we will have a side that is top half and pushing Europe and domestic cups most seasons however we have 16 players that are paid £300,000+ a week and aren't bothered about the fans etc

When did we last win a game against 10 men when losing when the player was sent off !! Have we ever had that quality ?
Not quality and not sure of the last one but defo happened against Derby, Billy scored a late penalty, they had their keeper sent off in the 2nd half for cleaning out Billy earlier. Edit i think this was Sept 2021 at BDTBL

Just curious if we had a billionaire empire backer which 2 or 3 would you keep in the squad?

I know the chances of any huge investment in Sheffield in general is slim and when it comes to football nearly nil but lets be realistic if we became a Gulf/Arab play toy of a club, the Blades identity would be gone. The team that would be assembled would be a side that would appeal to the domestic product of the Premier League and not the fans of the club. I personally think every player on the current books would be gone. It would be great to see success at the club but its at what cost is that for.

Would we rather be doing what we are doing enjoying the rollercoaster and banter or be a modern Arsenal/Spurs where we are guaranteed Premier League football (and prices) every season we will have a side that is top half and pushing Europe and domestic cups most seasons however we have 16 players that are paid £300,000+ a week and aren't bothered about the fans etc

Personally speaking I don’t want us to lose that identity that makes the club what it is, but I would like a club that CAN compete when it gets to the top division….and after being in that position last time we went up and then through a number of reasons from bad luck to poor management (board and team level) blew it we have found ourselves simply miles away.
We had a player (illy) that should have been with us now…we should have been in a position to scout globally and compete with such powerhouses as Brighton and Brentford for players….we should have facilities in sport science, coaching, fitness that match our level.
Instead we have come Up and are unable to spend a fraction of the revenue the club should be making through lack of forward planning and investment in the past.
Being unable to offer contracts due to an embargo was criminal!
My initial point was that to stay up this season we need players capable of getting results in a short time frame…those being world class and therefore hugely expensive.
A couple of additions won’t help, we are so far off in all areas of the pitch.
Archer-with service will score.
McAtee- has it, in a good side and a free role could be a big player.
Baldock- defensively good enough at full back.

Anel/Hamer-Maybes for me.
The rest not premier league players now, some never have been and never will be, others are leaving that level rapidly.

There's no reason why we shouldn't be ready for Saturday.. 2 weeks off, players returning from injuries and only Baldock and McAtee were away from the starting 11.. (Both only started 1 game for their country)

I know Hecky mentions the international break as a pain but it's not been bad for us..

Back
Top Bottom