Imperfect 10: An evening with Tony Currie (and guests)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No problem with people going to this, but paying £30 so someone can hopefully flog a book to you. Not for me, thanks.
Alternatively £30 for a night's entertainment at Bramall Lane with four former Blades favourites on stage, with food provided. Buying books & other extras is completely optional - if you want one, crack on and if you don't, that's fine too :)

Alternatively £30 for a night's entertainment at Bramall Lane with four former Blades favourites on stage, with food provided. Buying books & other extras is completely optional - if you want one, crack on and if you don't, that's fine too :)
After the last one, I will never be eating another pie at BL as long as I live.

As a useful comparator
"Just wait till you see how expensive normal corporate dos (Sportsmans dinners) are"
Usually about 100 to 150 quid a head+booze on top
  • often many times more boring as you have to sit through various sponsor talks/awards
  • posh poncey food that is often crap
  • you have to wear a suit/dinner suit
  • you have to do it in your own free time
  • charitable donations are expected out of your own pocket
This event sounds excellent value!
Food is usually excellent down the lane by comparison!

Seriously?!
Yep, showed us no loyalty on the way up the M1 to “better his career” and earnings and I show no malice for him following many others before and after him that have deserted us for the dirties. But that’s where it ends, at Eland Road not coming back down the M1 to pick our pockets for the whole of his post playing career and his retirement.

Yep, showed us no loyalty on the way up the M1 to “better his career” and earnings and I show no malice for him following many others before and after him that have deserted us for the dirties. But that’s where it ends, at Eland Road not coming back down the M1 to pick our pockets for the whole of his post playing career and his retirement.
he might have stayed if our board had brought the 2 or 3 quality players in if they had we would have been challenging for the title in 75/76 instead as usual we took the cheap option and were relegated

he might have stayed if our board had brought the 2 or 3 quality players in if they had we would have been challenging for the title in 75/76 instead as usual we took the cheap option and were relegated
Agreed and I don’t blame him for taking his option. But it’s like old girlfriends, don’t go back.

Respect your opinion. He didn't have the club longevity of a Steve Bull but I still think we had the best of his playing days, though I admit I still see him through the starry eyes of a teenager.

I have no issue with him making a living for his family based on his Blades legacy nor anyone who has served our club doing the same for that matter. People can choose to buy or not buy his book. I certainly will if the blatantly obvious hints I've been dropping my family haven't actually registered that is!

Imperfect 8 looking at that. What year did he get the 10 shirt and who wore it prior. I saw him play but was only 7 or 8!
Wore number 10 in 13 out of 15 appearances in 1967-68 season. 11 at Leeds and 9 at home to West Ham.

Wore number 8 in most games of the 1968-69 season (mostly after the New Year) and wore number 8 more times in 1969-70 season. He wore the number 8 in my first match as a Lane Regular in January 1970.

He was number 10 in every game he played in from 1970/71 to 1975/76 seasons

Another evening of this as below. Horseshoe Pub next door.
IMG-20230214-WA0000.jpg

Back
Top Bottom